RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   Beerman's RcBros Berg build (update on page 7) (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/449704-beermans-rcbros-berg-build-update-page-7-a.html)

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 10:12 AM

Beerman's RcBros Berg build (update on page 7)

4 Attachment(s)
It's time for a rebuild after seeing how sweet RcBro's new tubes are. I going to use every part that RcBro makes for the berg. As of right now I have his tubes, link mounts, and knuckle weight holders (still waiting for the brass weight). I was able to make a trade with a guy from my club (ORCRC) and was able to pick up a secret agent chassis that I really look forward to running. I have been running BJ 4.2 for a couple years now and was very happy with it. I'm hoping to have my berg up and running over the next week or two. I have to say thank you to my buddy sourdojack for all his help with my truck. I don't think I could do this hobby without him. When I say I built this I'm really saying Tom built this :)
So as of today I have the chassis put together with the shocks I just picked up. I have all the RcBro parts ready to be bolted up.
Attachment 243507

Attachment 243508

Attachment 243509

Attachment 243510

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

sourdojack 06-18-2013 11:20 AM

Re: Beerman's Berg: RcBro/ Secret Agent Chassis

Looking great buddy! Thanks for the props!

Can't wait till we get this truck all built up for ya!

TOM

TEDROCKZ 06-18-2013 04:49 PM

Looks good! Shiny "thumbsup"

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4366857)
Looks good! Shiny "thumbsup"

It's been so much fun watching your build because I'm pretty much doing the same thing.

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The controller I'll be using is a Futaba 4 PL. I was able to get some skins for it from RcBro. The skins came from freqeskinz, they look great
Attachment 243572

TEDROCKZ 06-18-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler (Post 4366888)
It's been so much fun watching your build because I'm pretty much doing the same thing.

You may beat me getting finished:ror:. I've hit builders block. Actually starting tearing down my other berg getting it ready for the Double Agent. One more day of work would finish the SA, just gotta get motivated again8)

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4366897)
You may beat me getting finished:ror:. I've hit builders block. Actually starting tearing down my other berg getting it ready for the Double Agent. One more day of work would finish the SA, just gotta get motivated again8)

My only hold up right now is waiting to get my C's from RcBro but I still have so much to do before the C's will do me any good. If I didn't get the SA in the trade I would have bought a DA, I really like his products. Once I'm done with this build I'm going to enjoy driving for a bit but then I'm going to build a 2.2s

TEDROCKZ 06-18-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler (Post 4366907)
My only hold up right now is waiting to get my C's from RcBro

You going the AX10 set up with OG 300s? Or what?

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 05:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The motors I will be running are some 16T Holmes hobbies crawlmasters. I have been using these motors for a long time and I love them. They are super smooth and have plenty of power. Tom just lathe the comm's and put in new brushes so these motors are ready to rock and roll. Attachment 243577Attachment 243578

Now I want to get my hands on some of those new 500 puller motors and speed controllers.

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 05:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4366922)
You going the AX10 set up with OG 300s? Or what?

I'm going with the OG 300. I have been using mine for years without a hiccup. I did just put in some 300HD pins. My old pins needed to be replaced. This is the first time I have these apart since I own them. Like I said, I have been driving these for years. It really is a top Quality product. I can't give them up.
Attachment 243579
Attachment 243580

TEDROCKZ 06-18-2013 05:57 PM

Can't go wrong with those. My #2 berg has an og set that was among the first batch made. Hand delivered to the 1st Floodapalooza comp. Anyways I'll stop cluttering your thread:ror:. You have a good mechanic so things should go great"thumbsup"

Beerman Crawler 06-18-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4366951)
Can't go wrong with those. My #2 berg has an og set that was among the first batch made. Hand delivered to the 1st Floodapalooza comp. Anyways I'll stop cluttering your thread:ror:. You have a good mechanic so things should go great"thumbsup"

Don't worry about cluttering my thread, I love the chit chat. I'm really lucky to have my mechanic live with me. He was the one that got me into this hobby. I will never forget when I saw his wheely king, I had to get me a crawler.

ncampos976 06-18-2013 06:58 PM

nice

Beerman Crawler 06-19-2013 10:00 AM

Today im getting some work done on my gear boxes so Im hoping to post up some pictuers late tonight.

Beerman Crawler 06-19-2013 10:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got some work done on my gear boxes. I put it on a bench grinder to get the rough shape. After that took the dermal to smooth it out then polish it up on a polishing wheel on the bench grinder. Creation Fab milled the motor mount flat, thanks Chris. Tom made the carbon fiber gear cover. So after a few hours of work I think they turned out great.

Attachment 243765

Attachment 243766

Attachment 243767

Attachment 243768

Attachment 243769

joshsmith512 06-19-2013 10:25 PM

that's not fair I want sourdough cf gear covers:flipoff:

Beerman Crawler 06-19-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshsmith512 (Post 4368650)
that's not fair I want sourdough cf gear covers:flipoff:

They are the best, :)

filotr14lsdude 06-20-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler (Post 4368648)
Got some work done on my gear boxes. I put it on a bench grinder to get the rough shape. After that took the dermal to smooth it out then polish it up on a polishing wheel on the bench grinder. Creation Fab milled the motor mount flat, thanks Chris. Tom made the carbon fiber gear cover. So after a few hours of work I think they turned out great.

I think these might be more polished then mine.

Beerman Crawler 06-20-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filotr14lsdude (Post 4368749)
I think these might be more polished then mine.

I really couldn't believe just how easy it was to polish them up. You put them next to a stock case and they look so nice. The best part is it didn't cost me anything, just my time. I would much rather be working on my crawler then watching TV.

SkaldidDog 06-20-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler (Post 4369060)
I would much rather be working on my crawler then watching TV.

Preach on brother!

Parts are looking great. Should be a fine performing rig.

J