Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Cant decide on Chassis for Berg build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #1

Default Cant decide on Chassis for Berg build!

Hey guys been reading a ton and and it seems it comes down to 3 or 4 chassis options for my somewhat lite weight berg build (alum tubes).

1. Smash
2. Sniper
3. Stingray
4. ???
5. ???

Looking for input. What would you buy right now if you where starting fresh and why?

Thanks in advance
Ricky G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Cant decide on Chassis for Berg build!

Hello and welcome..

Trust me you are gonna get a cazillion different opinions on this but I will say when I first got into Rc rock crawler I always went for what I thought was cool and once I got into wanting to comp I went through 3 or 4 different chassis's just switching around going to what I was reading that was at the top of the charts and I was getting setups from them and it just wasn't working for me until I went to my first comp and the guys there was running a couple of T1e chassis and they talked to me about them so I ordered the sniper for my xr10 that Monday morning and when I got it put together It was a world of a difference of my driving then I built a special ops berg and was even a bigger difference and now I'm building the new stealth from T1e ... Hope I give some helpful advice and happy hunting ....
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Fact is like ax10tn said everyone has their own opinion so you'll get loads of different chassis choices thrown around. Sounds like you can afford pretty much any chassis out on the market. It depends on what YOU want really. Whether you want a light rig then go for a carbon fibre chassis or something heavy, then aluminium. If I were to start over I would go a smash or hulkster's new ax9. Why, well they look awesome that's very important. They are great vendors here on rcc. And support their product 100%. The smash has a lot of support from the people that run them but I think I would go for the ax9 one probably because I'm a bit bias (Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi) but I've seen how it works and it goes great guns. But you there's lots of vhoices .
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #4

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah not concerned with how much really just want something that is going to work well with minimal tuning because I really don't know much other than what I have read.
I'm leaning toward the Smash seems like the most supported and the biggest presence here on the forums. I also like that I can buy the links with it don't really want to tackle building my own.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #5
RCC Addict

For a bit of a newb (no offense) the smash would be a good choice and you can buy pre made links primary to fit the chassis which just simplifies it. And the best part is the support for the chassis and that it is a very competitive chassis if setup right.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm going to say a hulksta chassis.
They are made to suit the berg axles. Hands down just work.

I went from my switch to the hulksta and my hulksta is pulling lines first try that I struggled with in the switch. I drove the switch for a solid year and was very familiar with how it drove.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You said it above. Whatever you get, I suggest being able to buy links for it that are already made. Some people have the knack for it, and some people (like me) suck at bending links... no matter how long you've been doing this.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky G View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah not concerned with how much really just want something that is going to work well with minimal tuning because I really don't know much other than what I have read.
I'm leaning toward the Smash seems like the most supported and the biggest presence here on the forums. I also like that I can buy the links with it don't really want to tackle building my own.
Yep, that's what's cool about Chaotic, they are a one stop shop. You can get your chassis, links, and rod ends w/ aluminum balls all at once. And if you pm them with any questions they will be very helpful with their response.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Get a smash!! There great! Or next choice would be the new RcBros !!
TheWheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWheelman View Post
Get a smash!! There great! Or next choice would be the new RcBros !!
Today I got to watch a few of RcBro chassis and boy do they work. The chassis keeps the crawler so stable and the wheels on the rock. I'm really impress with the geometry.
Beerman Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #11

Just bought a Smash and links to go with it, super excited! Thanks for the input.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Good choice.

Cant decide on Chassis for Berg build! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kamikaze Chassis Berg Build jdacus EnRoute Berg 1 02-13-2012 04:22 PM
How to decide 35t or 45 turn Motors BERG ? toy4crawlin Electronics 17 09-21-2010 08:50 PM
Help me decide which build MNorby General Scale Talk 6 10-20-2008 08:14 PM
What should I build? Please help me decide! matts88yj Newbie General 11 11-26-2007 01:25 PM