Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: NCIS Berg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default NCIS Berg

I've got a MRC mini and an AX10 sporty so I'm not a total newbie.....

BUT, I am completely new to the Berg scene and 2.2 pro.

Picked this gem up for a ridiculous price. Somebody owed somebody money....paid with a crawler....he didn't want it....now I have it.

Problem is, I don't even know what the heck I'm looking at. Anyone know what chassis this is? Opinions on capability?

Name:  NCM_0074.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  65.5 KB

Some quick reading on this thread has me thinking they are V1 axles. I have yet to open them up to see what I've actually got.

Name:  NCM_0075.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  67.4 KB

This is the dig setup. Any immediate opinions on this? Looks old school but maybe it's dependable and worth keeping.

Name:  NCM_0076.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  41.8 KB

Here's a shot of one of the shocks. Anyone know what they are? Thoughts on quality?

Name:  NCM_0079.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  66.5 KB

Next is the servo. It has no label. It's does have a bump-out on the bottom case that may give it away to a trained eye.

Name:  NCM_0080.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  64.4 KB

The previous owner had motor guards glued on and the stickers are almost completely gone. This is all that's left and a little bit showing in the picture above. Any help identifying these would be great.

Name:  NCM_0083.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  64.9 KB

Last item is this black chassis that came with it. Brand? Model? Opinions?

Name:  NCM_0084.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  83.0 KB

It's got a Mamba Max in it and came with a set of Sedonas. Altogether it was a deal I just couldn't pass up.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I dive into the 2.2 pro class for the first time.
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Deff has v1 axles witch is a good thing has traxxas big bores for shocks they are good no leaks and smooth next servo is a hitec 79** something and the dig system looks home made with rocker switches but not to sure other then that seems like a good score

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
jdmguy760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Fifth dimension

Default Re: NCIS Berg

If your comping at actives tomorrow, please bring it. Ramtough and I are the berg guys of the group. I'll gladly have a look.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

welcome to the Berg world
Looks to me like the chassis is a Moonbuggy
the axles are v1's and everything looks stock on them so I would say internally they are as well
wheels are VP Dirty Harry's on the front and VP SLW's on the rear
Integy V11 motors
Traxxas big bores with shock cap mod done
the dig switch is an early homemade model

I hope this helps some, as far as changes I would tell you to just drive it a bit first and see if you like it, then as you learn more change things here and there where you want to. This is a fine rig just a dated one. Best of luck to ya
scoutdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutdawg View Post
welcome to the Berg world
Looks to me like the chassis is a Moonbuggy
the axles are v1's and everything looks stock on them so I would say internally they are as well
wheels are VP Dirty Harry's on the front and VP SLW's on the rear
Integy V11 motors
Traxxas big bores with shock cap mod done
the dig switch is an early homemade model

I hope this helps some, as far as changes I would tell you to just drive it a bit first and see if you like it, then as you learn more change things here and there where you want to. This is a fine rig just a dated one. Best of luck to ya

Wow, that's great. I really appreciate all that info.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
If your comping at actives tomorrow, please bring it. Ramtough and I are the berg guys of the group. I'll gladly have a look.

Hey Crawl, thanks for the offer.

I was planning on bringing the rig so the pro crowd could inspect it for me and give me some pointers.

I'll see you there, thanks.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Yep a t1e moonbuggy chassis. The spare black one it also a t1e moonbuggy. The servo looks like it could be a hitec. The shocks are traxxas big bores. Defiantly the v1 berg axles. And the classic homemade berg dig switch.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Yep a t1e moonbuggy chassis. The spare black one it also a t1e moonbuggy. The servo looks like it could be a hitec. The shocks are traxxas big bores. Defiantly the v1 berg axles. And the classic homemade berg dig switch.

I agree the servo looks to be a hitec. I need to get it out of the rig and get a better look at it.

I've been reading my eyeballs out on this forum and think the V1 axles are going to be a really good platform to start a build.

I've got many more hours of reading all these awesome builds, compiling a cache of parts, and driving this rig as it is.

If my other two rigs have taught me one thing, it's drive what you've got. It's the only way to get better.

Next season there will be one more Berg beating up on XR10's.....lol

Thanks again guys.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
Fifth dimension

Berg is the way to go man! You've got a good start there! It was great to meet you today and I hope your settling into the club. It's great to have fresh faces around. Pm me with any questions you may have on your berg venture. Any way I can help!
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote