RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   All24's pitbull/berg first build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/470480-all24s-pitbull-berg-first-build.html)

all24 11-21-2013 10:23 PM

All24's pitbull/berg first build

First off I would like to Thank the awesome vendors on the forum For helping make this build happen"thumbsup"

Thanks to ClassiCutCustoms for a B.I.A.B (berg in a box)

This will be my first pro comp Build and I'm Drooling already;-)

Chassi-
ClassiCutCustoms Pitbull
ClassiCutCustoms Ti links

Axels-
ClassiCutCustoms axel casses and tubes
D_Lux front custom made axles with RC-Bros locker
D_Lux big bore shocks with cap mod and lathed
D_Lux no preload shock caps for mini Ti spring
D_Lux No slop knuckle bushings
Mini Ti springs
VP C-hubs and Knuckles
CreeperBob Ti rear axles
RR battery/electronic tray
RC4WD gears
Savox SV-1270TG

Wheels-
D_Lux carbon V cut bead lock
Tires will be silver Voodoo's
CI foams

Things i still need to figure out
ESC I'm thinking holmes BR mini's
Motors Brood or Holmes
Pinion gear
Radio and receiver I'm stuck between the Futaba 4PL/4PLS or 6J
Skins
SLW Hubs
Knuckle Weights
C-hub/Knuckle bearings

[IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf8f27d1e.jpg[/IMG]

Hittman 11-21-2013 10:58 PM

Re: All24's pitbull/berg first build

Awesome start! I can't wait to start competing against it:twisted:

Here are my recommendations ..

Savox SV-1270TG - ok to get you started. Definitely want to pick up a hitec 7950 or futaba bls157 before ya get too serious.

ESC I'm thinking holmes BR mini's - the br minis are great once you get them going. They seem to be a little stubborn at first however. The sidewinder micros would offer a much quicker and worry free (for the most part) setup.

Motors- personally I would suggest holmes. The 500 crawl pullers are amazing motor. For the price they can't be beat8)

Radio- 4pl would be my choice. It is much easier to use, much easier to set up, and MUCH easier to learn on.

Skins- WickedMonkeyDesigns! Mike is awesome to work with. His skins look amazing as well. For price and quality you can't go wrong.

Knuckle Weights- Rcbros. They are great little set-ups. Adjustable to the worlds end. And the price is great too!

Hope this helps a little"thumbsup"

Harvo 11-22-2013 05:15 AM

Just curious Hittman, what about the br mini is hard to get going? I mean I suck at electronics and I just made a really clean smash out of them and they are working fine fron the first plug in. Have you experienced issues?

Good liking start to this build"thumbsup"

fj40jay 11-22-2013 06:44 AM

DAMN..that's a hell of a start. I'm happy to have a tranny in my sporty chassis. Can't wait to see this thing run.

all24 11-22-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittman (Post 4558108)
Awesome start! I can't wait to start competing against it:twisted:

Here are my recommendations ..

Savox SV-1270TG - ok to get you started. Definitely want to pick up a hitec 7950 or futaba bls157 before ya get too serious.

ESC I'm thinking holmes BR mini's - the br minis are great once you get them going. They seem to be a little stubborn at first however. The sidewinder micros would offer a much quicker and worry free (for the most part) setup.

Motors- personally I would suggest holmes. The 500 crawl pullers are amazing motor. For the price they can't be beat8)

Radio- 4pl would be my choice. It is much easier to use, much easier to set up, and MUCH easier to learn on.

Skins- WickedMonkeyDesigns! Mike is awesome to work with. His skins look amazing as well. For price and quality you can't go wrong.

Knuckle Weights- Rcbros. They are great little set-ups. Adjustable to the worlds end. And the price is great too!

Hope this helps a little"thumbsup"

Thanks!!! I will look into these suggestions:)
The one thing I have found is RC-Bros has the knuckle brackets and one size of brass weights the .125 full ring but everything else there is sold out :cry: I defiantly want half brass weights. But i also have some time before there crucial

Hittman 11-22-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 4558248)
Just curious Hittman, what about the br mini is hard to get going? I mean I suck at electronics and I just made a really clean smash out of them and they are working fine fron the first plug in. Have you experienced issues?

Good liking start to this build"thumbsup"

Not personally, but it seems as if some people are fighting either the LVC or the holmes hold. I think the newer firmware that is out solved most of the problems. Just seen some people fighting them. They are great esc's without a doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by all24 (Post 4558309)
Thanks!!! I will look into these suggestions:)
The one thing I have found is RC-Bros has the knuckle brackets and one size of brass weights the .125 full ring but everything else there is sold out :cry: I defiantly want half brass weights. But i also have some time before there crucial

I would pm Will at Rcbros.. He will most likely have some soon. He is good about restocking his products"thumbsup"

SkaldidDog 11-22-2013 10:28 AM

It is truly awesome that someone just getting into comp crawling can, with great ease, aquire all of the parts to build a capable, high end rig. It's great for this cult that entry is a click away. Thanks vendors. Y'all rock.

Nice looking start All24. You're gonna have fun.

J

all24 11-23-2013 07:46 AM

I got a good start!!
[IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps34748819.jpg[/IMG]

Chassi put together and axles mocked up:)
Now i have to find the missing pieces to finish this elaborate puzzle :lmao:

EverettY 11-23-2013 08:54 AM

Looks good...

FYI you have the steering arms on the knuckles flipped around backwards... They need to be facing inwards instead of outwards...

all24 11-23-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 4559618)
Looks good...

FYI you have the steering arms on the knuckles flipped around backwards... They need to be facing inwards instead of outwards...

I will swap that around Thanks.

I can tell i'm a nube due to the fact i have been been searching everywhere to find bearings for the c-hubs and knuckles and i'm lost. I sent fast eddie bearings a message and i hope they can help.

bronc4now 11-24-2013 07:23 PM

Vp knuckles take ..15x10x4 and 11x5x4 you need 2 each ...im putting mine together now..dont forget the flange bushing also ..

Curcal 11-24-2013 08:20 PM

Re: All24's pitbull/berg first builds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittman (Post 4558108)

You'll have a hard time finding a bls157, but they have the newer programmable bls172

Hittman 11-24-2013 08:26 PM

Re: All24's pitbull/berg first builds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curcal (Post 4561655)
You'll have a hard time finding a bls157, but they have the newer programmable bls172

That is correct. I forgot they discontinued the 157

all24 11-24-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronc4now (Post 4561515)
Vp knuckles take ..15x10x4 and 11x5x4 you need 2 each ...im putting mine together now..dont forget the flange bushing also ..

Sweet this helps!! does the flange bushing have a measurement as well?

scomck5 11-25-2013 08:13 AM

What a great start man. Can't wait to see it in action. "thumbsup"

ittybitty 11-25-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all24 (Post 4561769)
Sweet this helps!! does the flange bushing have a measurement as well?

No...the stock Axial parts (AX30450) will work, or you can get a nicer set of brass no-slop bushings from Erik DLux.

all24 11-25-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ittybitty (Post 4562238)
No...the stock Axial parts (AX30450) will work, or you can get a nicer set of brass no-slop bushings from Erik DLux.

Okay i have the no slop bushings already so thats a plus one"thumbsup" Is there suppose to be a bearing in between the c-hub and axle tube? I would think so but i could be wrong

ClassiCutCustoms 11-25-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all24 (Post 4562401)
Okay i have the no slop bushings already so thats a plus one"thumbsup" Is there suppose to be a bearing in between the c-hub and axle tube? I would think so but i could be wrong

There is no bearing in the tubes. The bearings in the knuckles support the stub and the locker holds the other end of the axles. Years ago we ran ones in there but they were nothing but a pain and served little purpose. Hope this answers your questions..... You are off to a great start Allen

Sent via string and two Solo cups

all24 11-25-2013 12:14 PM

Thanks Barry, that makes it a lot easier:)

all24 11-25-2013 08:26 PM

Got the wheels made up today:ror: I think i have made an error in the spacing measurement I didn't calculate the thickness of the bead lock. I have 28mm or 1"1/8th width wheels and if i'm correct that is to wide for voodoo tires:cry: i should have 1" or less
But hey this is part of building!![IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb7c7f75f.jpg[/IMG]