Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Berg V1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Berg V1

Hi guys,
I am building a Berg at the moment and I bought Berg V1 axles from TCS and the axles did not come with a servo mount. What servo mount are you guys running and what one would you recomend? I have seen people with carbon fiber mounts which are bolted to the axle tube and others with ones clamped around the axle tube. What is the best option?
Thanks a lot Eli
ejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Re: Berg V1

The mount that is the best compromises between ground clearance and weight gain is the best is the one for you. I'd skip the clamp model. You can answer these simple questions and many others yourself by reading 5-10 threads of greater than 10 pages from cover to cover while taking notes. Your remaining questions will be more appropriate to post up. You'll find that basic questions like these are often ignored for a while because folks go and ignore you. That's because they've been addressed previously in many well presented threads. Keep us posted on your progress. We are here to help.

Read, learn, build, crawl.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Kidding. Good advice from the King...
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Okay I have looked through threads but I don't know where to buy one from. Most people are running rc bros tubes so they get a mount with it. Whereas I am using the stock tubes and I can't work out where to buy a servo mount separately.
Thanks Eli
Old 02-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Dlux has servo mounts, RcBros would probably sell you one, and there are some guys on here in the Vendor section that can cut you something. Most run the servo behind the axle to keep the weight low!
huskerfan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Okay thanks for your help!!
Eli
Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
RCC Addict

to be able to fit the servo between the motor and axle tube requires some machining. the tubes are machined for many reasons
mostly to get better c-hubs and knuckles and axle shafts to allow for greater turning angles as well as lowering the weight.

with the bergs one upgrade seems to lead to the next, this is part of the hobby. at some point you have to deside if you want to
compete and how serious you will be about it. skaldiddog is a bit on the famous (infamous) side look up his builds to see.
eric dlux makes many upgrade parts for the bergs as well as rc bros. it is a tought call on which to get.

get some beers and look through the build threads as was suggested. dont get discouraged.
if you are not going to compete, then you can come up with your own mounts, be clever,

understand that in competition there is no 4ws. so it is important to get as much steering as possible.
not quite so important if you use the rear steer as well as the front fort backyard fun.

we will all be here for you
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Okay thanks a lot cabron, I think the best bet might be just buying a set of rc bros tubes and get it over with.
Eli
Old 02-14-2014, 11:54 PM   #9
RCC Addict

that seems the most straightforward way.

talk to them to make sure you get everything you need.
it is easy to forget the little things. it is rought having to wait for the small thing
you forgot to get when you got all the big things. haha

if you are going to compete might look into knuckle weights too
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I built my v1 just for fun. But, the stock steering was not fun. Just got DLux knuckles installed and can't believe how much more they turn. Mine's a slow build as my wallet allows but, it's just for my own pleasure so, no hurry. Gonna be interesting to see what it will do with these knuckles on both ends of my 4ws rig!
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

And yeah, if you're looking for a clean, easy setup for the servo, either RC Bros or DLux would be better than stock.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:51 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Okay thanks for your help guys. The stock steering is terrible my scale crawler turns sharper.
Eli