Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Crawllifes Mark2 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Crawllifes Mark2 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
Please correct me if im wrong, but the way you have the bec wired only gives servo power when the esc is putting power to the wheels? Is that right?
He could wire the BEC, straight to the servo or to the receiver either way with how its wired up now.( depending on the voltage of his bec). My bet is he will wire directly to the servo, ESC will power the receiver and the motors.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
He could wire the BEC, straight to the servo or to the receiver either way with how its wired up now.( depending on the voltage of his bec). My bet is he will wire directly to the servo, ESC will power the receiver and the motors.
no, I meant it looks like he has the bec wired into the output of the esc, not the battery side. That would give power only when power goes to the wheels.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #23
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
no, I meant it looks like he has the bec wired into the output of the esc, not the battery side. That would give power only when power goes to the wheels.
That BEC is wired to the battery side of the es's. If you look closely you can see the good pin connector soldered vertically connecting both battery sides of the esc's together, and the BEC power leads soldered to those same spots.

An easier giveaway is that the capacitors on the BR Mini's is located on the battery side of the PCB, and as you can see, all the capacitors are on the side to which the BEC is wired to.

Last edited by TSK; 03-12-2014 at 12:13 AM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #24
Fifth dimension

Thanks for jumping in tapped-out and Trav. My boys are right. Chris wires my smashes the same way every time. The reason I stick with creation fab is because of the education he freely gave when I was VERY new to this stuff. He made it simple to understand. How many times are you jammed up or needing to " servo wiggke" yourself into a better line or slot. We'd be sol if your servo didn't give full power in those moments. Chris knows how picky I am and stacks my stuff a certain way. Sorry if my pick confused you and please don't let it deter you from asking other questions bro. I'll check into my threads more frequently.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #25
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
So hard to keep up with all the updates. CTBM always does such a clean smash job. I have a pair of BR minis sitting here but after seeing the champs heatsink setup, I've been eyeing the pair of BRXL heatsinks that have been collecting dust in my bin forever.

Next time I have my rig out, I'll probably eyeball how they would "stack up" in the skid.
I've been glancing at that thread but a lot of that tech goes over my head. Joel certainly knows what he's doing with that stuff. Glad someone does. I got something that resembles a bridge of some sort with these 2 minis. Chris didn't use it so if your interested in it, I'll send it over. I could be totally wrong about what it is but it looks like a type of spacer for smashing minis? Again, no idea. Let me know
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #26
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
I've been glancing at that thread but a lot of that tech goes over my head. Joel certainly knows what he's doing with that stuff. Glad someone does. I got something that resembles a bridge of some sort with these 2 minis. Chris didn't use it so if your interested in it, I'll send it over. I could be totally wrong about what it is but it looks like a type of spacer for smashing minis? Again, no idea. Let me know
I think you are talking about the HH "stacker". I won't be needing it but thanks for the offer.

When you get her running, take some temps of the esc as Matt seems to want al the temp data he can get on the BR Mini setuip
Old 03-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think you are talking about the HH "stacker". I won't be needing it but thanks for the offer.

When you get her running, take some temps of the esc as Matt seems to want al the temp data he can get on the BR Mini setuip
Lmao..... but he's right I would like to know your average running temps and esc settings.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #28
Fifth dimension

I certainly will and thanks for giving my " bridge thingy" the appropriate name.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:10 AM   #29
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
I certainly will and thanks for giving my " bridge thingy" the appropriate name.
"Bridge thingy" sounds legit to me
Old 03-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #30
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I cant wait to see this car together. LOL
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #31
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I see what you did there.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #32
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Funny guy
Old 03-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

KILLER build thread man. cant wait to see this one and comp with you again soon!
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:44 AM   #34
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
KILLER build thread man. cant wait to see this one and comp with you again soon!
Great to hear from you bro. I hope your well! Yep, let's rip it up this season bro! See ya in a few weeks!!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #35
Fifth dimension

I thought I owed Will a better shot of these gears. They are art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #36
Fifth dimension

2 mini brxl's with a castle bec. Controlling the 30t vapor's from brood. They are type " R"'s.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #37
Fifth dimension

A lot of little stuff done to rig the last week. Erik D was of course a huge part of the progress. New uppers, inserts in the delrin hubs, a change in the revers cap end mod ( made them too short for the desired affect/ performance or the rig), raised the side plates up a notch to drop the skid a 1/4 of an inch and improve the lower link lines and a bit of inspiration from my friend at BC paints with mocking up the mini beetle

Old 03-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #38
TSK
Shelf queen

Looks good, which bug is that? Looks like sitting it back with the right trim can get that guy slammed.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Looks good!

The idea of this chassis being able to drop the belly like it does is intriguing to me. It confuses me and makes total sense at the same time. Good thinking 5th D!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #40
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Looks good, which bug is that? Looks like sitting it back with the right trim can get that guy slammed.
That is one of the last mrc, proline beetles I have before I start hunting again. It's far from cut all the way. Sporty lid first, than this will have the paint drying on the way to Sundays comp.

Crawllifes Mark2 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya CC-01 Landfreeder Build Thread (Build Complete) TheBlueKnight Tamiya XC/CC01 29 11-24-2014 11:21 AM
Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build Boxcarcustoms 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 07-29-2013 07:37 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM