Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Assembled, lightweight rear axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Assembled, lightweight rear axles

I wanted to toss this out there to check interest and see if it would help others. There has always been quite a bit of interest in the MT/Berg axles but once people look further into them or I tell them about them, they easily get discouraged since they dont have a lot of information about them and are hard to initially build.

I would run this axle in the rear of my car without doubt if I were not running the superlite axles. I think they are a great option.

Cases and gears are under $5 ea to replace
You can run plastic, steel or Berg gears

So, here is a straight RTR axle, fully assembled and ready to go. Price point is nice too.... just over $200.

If youre already running a Berg setup front and rear, this would be a great way to get the rear axle 100% up and going. You could then take your current rear and sell it or give it to a buddy and in the wash, it wouldnt cost much at all.

What I am offering:
MT/Exceed plastic gear cases
MT/Exceed Plastic gears (steel or Berg avail upon request)
RCbros 7075 locker
Dlux rear shafts with Delrin hubs
Dlux Delrin tubes

Final weight is 4.4oz. To my knowledge, this is the second lightest axle set up right behind my superlite axles.

Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: Assembled, lightweight rear axles

If this is something that will work for you guys I need to see interest. I really like these axles and I think they have their place but if there is not interest..... I will have to let them die.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Is this something that can be run in the front as well?
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Yep.

The front axle is where all the cost is though.

You can get the MT axles complete with just about any option you want on my website.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I definitely have a large interest in these, like some others though, I don't know enough about these/berg in general to understand them or the options, I am however trying to read builds to get an idea to make a good choice and purchase, I do like the idea of a really light axle with the same upgrade options
Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I have a set of cases and gears, I'm just missing tubes
I even have the bushing that you make to put berg gears in these

Do you make a specific tube for these or will any berg tube work?
Thanks
jason12548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
Fifth dimension

It's a great idea Erik. I read all the time between the xr and berg pages that there are NO straight forward options for the new guy. Here it is. Hell it's half the weight of my rear now. If I was so invested at this point, I'd pic one up to give it a try. I'll have to see what my final product brings me now. Good job as usual.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Looks like a great option to a guy(me) that would be looking to make a jump into to berg axles and save some pennies to put a superlite Dlux axle on the front... Hmmmm, I could get more upgrades for F/R guts if I saved on the cost of the rear outer.......... Very interesting....
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
RCC Addict

How do you think these might work for super axles?
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv3mind View Post
I definitely have a large interest in these, like some others though, I don't know enough about these/berg in general to understand them or the options, I am however trying to read builds to get an idea to make a good choice and purchase, I do like the idea of a really light axle with the same upgrade options
Can you give me a day or two? If so, I would like to start a post of its own on who/what/where/how to get into crawling with all the axle options. I get this question almost on a daily basis so its not just you that is confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason12548 View Post
I have a set of cases and gears, I'm just missing tubes
I even have the bushing that you make to put berg gears in these

Do you make a specific tube for these or will any berg tube work?
Thanks
My Delrin tubes are the only ones that I know of that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
It's a great idea Erik. I read all the time between the xr and berg pages that there are NO straight forward options for the new guy. Here it is. Hell it's half the weight of my rear now. If I was so invested at this point, I'd pic one up to give it a try. I'll have to see what my final product brings me now. Good job as usual.
See above.... Hopefully I will have a post up soon to address this. I need to start spending more time with my family and less work. I am working on that issue so it might have to wait over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Looks like a great option to a guy(me) that would be looking to make a jump into to berg axles and save some pennies to put a superlite Dlux axle on the front... Hmmmm, I could get more upgrades for F/R guts if I saved on the cost of the rear outer.......... Very interesting....
Yeah, these could be a good option. You could get a basic front end, this rear end and have a great start. I also just posted in the Bully section as it looks like the Bully2 and the Berg have the same gear ratio so, it could be a great start to get a Bully2 front and then this rear. It would be cheap, thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
I think they would work well.

Dlux - Exceed MT axles

Old 03-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Absolutely, I know I'm very new around here, but I appreciate all the help and knowlege
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Guys, I've been running PLASTIC mt gears and case on my rear axle for a looooong time now, they are awsome! I have hundreds of packs run through and I'm still using the original set of plastic gears with no replacement! My rig weight is 4 3/4 pounds. I think if your running a sub 4 pound rig, you could easily run plastic gears up front with no problem, but if you need more reassurance, then spend $5 on the set of MT metal gears

Believe it or not, you don't have to spend a fortune to have a good setup! These extremely affordable MT parts are very good and are an excellent choice for building a berg! I actually can't believe these have not sky rocketed in popularity! Thanks so much dlux for making these usable on a berg setup!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!Carcals building a super!!!!!!!
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #14
RCC Addict

That's a great idea with the bully2 front axle Erik! Considering it weight almost 12oz you would not even need much knuckle weight. Haha. The wife has been asking me to build her a crawler and this might just be an option?
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I've been tossing the idea around on these axles or your superlites. I love the cost of the MT axles but am reserved on buying exceed parts but on the other hand with your superlites I have no doubt that your parts are bomber but am reserved on the cost. Erik do you think one could build a set of these axles with Dlux knuckles for under 500?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Its pretty close. You can actually go on my website and build any 3 of my axles and get a total price.

Balls to the wall MT axles front and rear with my knuckles would cost somewhere around $575.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I just did a write up to help a newish guy figure out what parts he needs.

I am new to crawling, where can I find parts?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I received mine in the mail today, all in all any reservations I had on it being a sub par setup are completely gone, this rear axle is very light and very stout, tubes/hubs are a work of art, and the gears (I upgraded to metal) mesh excellent. I will be starting a build thread in a week or 2 and post pics etc.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Its pretty close. You can actually go on my website and build any 3 of my axles and get a total price.

Balls to the wall MT axles front and rear with my knuckles would cost somewhere around $575.

Wow, I could see me spending that ......I'm thinking how to swizzle the bank account"....
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:44 AM   #20
RCC Addict

I didn't see these on your sight. Do you have a link?
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Assembled, lightweight rear axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enroute Berg 2.2 Complete Assembled Axle Pair Version2 (2 axles) #EBG002 Get A Hobby Axles, Trannys, T-case 4 03-06-2014 01:05 PM