Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Sessions YTC Dlux berg build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #21
E.Y. Designs

Default Re: The U help me pick build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by more_session_please View Post
Ok thanks.

I think I have made my first decision for the rig. I would like to get on your list for a set of narrowed Voodoos and the special foams to fit them. I will need your suggestions for what color the tires and foam setup as I have no clue and you already know the type of rock I will be dealing with. The only thing I know is I do not want them too soft. I was watching the videos in Laalaa's thread and he was doing amazing things without a lot of squish in his tires. Maybe a middle of the road setup to start until I learn what I like and don't like.

I also wanted to ask which wheel width I should start with for those tires. Tomi offers 22 and 26mm. I am assuming you take paypal? Let me know what I need to do to get on the list.
Shoot me a PM with questions and I will do my best to answer all of them for you
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd...y-2%2A%2A.html
sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #23
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
I took this screen shot from Harley's 2013 Nat's video. I know this chassis is a T1E but what is it called and where would I find one? I cannot find much of anything on them. Are they still making/selling stuff?

T1e is owned by Rockpayne now and last I talked to him he was having some issues with the machine to make parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Tom,

So it is not T1E. Not quite the same in Orange and without body panels. I guess I like the lower slung fastback look over the tall boxy look.

I just cannot decide what to go with. Of course I want whatever I get to perform great but I also want it to look good as well. The things that appeal to me seem to be the hardest to get.

My choices are below unless I missed something.

NCD sudu

RCbros

YTC Double

Dlux

Classi, Either one

Classi and Dlux both offer links for their chassis but for the other ones I would have to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
T1e is owned by Rockpayne now and last I talked to him he was having some issues with the machine to make parts...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess it was not T1E but a guy named Turbofest's chassis. I am not sure why it says T1E on the side but maybe there is some kind of connection.

Ok it is time to start making decisions and get ordering

I am going to get Dlux knuckles for sure but I need help to choose how to order them. I was thinking maybe Delrin or AL on top and brass on the bottom with slug holes plus lower brass half circle weights. I think that combo would give the most adjustability. Empty with no slugs would be fairly light and then I could add brass or tungsten slugs to first the lower half then the upper half and then lower brass rings. It would also keep the weight down low Opinions needed

I also need to figure out what CVD's I will be using. I want the 70 degree steering if possible and want strength and durability are important as well. Are the OFNA ones the kind that use the pinned on hubs? Can I use that kind ? If not what kind of steering angle/strength would I get from the XR/Wraith stub choice? I am planning on using RCbros tubes and I am not sure what Dlux stuff will play nice with RCbro stuff.

Help Pleeeeease

Last edited by THX_138; 03-22-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Spend some time talking with Dlux he will make sure you're taken care of. I use the Dlux shafts with the RcBro tubes. I did have to grind down the shafts a little to fit in the tube.
Beerman Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler View Post
Spend some time talking with Dlux he will make sure you're taken care of. I use the Dlux shafts with the RcBro tubes. I did have to grind down the shafts a little to fit in the tube.
So you have his AL rear tubes with his Delrin hubs in back? What are you running for CVD's/hubs up front? You may have told me on Sunday but we were covering a lot of topics in a short time
Old 03-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So you have his AL rear tubes with his Delrin hubs in back? What are you running for CVD's/hubs up front? You may have told me on Sunday but we were covering a lot of topics in a short time
I only use the Dlux shaft in the front and creeper bob ti shaft in the rear. Up front im using Vp hubs but most guys use the shift hubs and if i was buying new i would get the shift hubs. Up front i use the axail stub but Dlux is a big fan of bully stubs because they are stonger and beefer. With a u-joint front shaft you go get a lot more steering but they are not as smooth roating as a CVD. Tom uses a CVD on his Xr and a u-joint on his sportman. Tom has never lost because his CVD didnt turn enough.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

So I spent all week reading, PMing and learning to figure out what to do. This is a tough hobby to get started or restarted in. I finally settled on a chassis. I ordered a YTC Double Agent. I like the low slug look, its proven and I can get my hands on one quickly. It also helps me spread the love with vendors and will keep my final build parts list unique. When I build or upgrade a mountain bike I don't buy a complete bike or use complete groups of parts I use many companies products and it turns out pretty cool.

Now I need to get all of the other parts going. I wanted to use RCbros tubes but they present some challenges. I am going to use Erik's front universals and I am debating on the rears as well but that means modifying both front and rear tubes as well as the non 8 degree chubs so they will play together. It also leaves me in a case crunch. I am staying away from Classi which leaves me with the plastic M/Ts or stock berg cases and while either would work they are not what I was hoping for. The only other way is to just go with Erik's complete axles which would be much easier but would leave a few vendors I was going to use out of the mix.

Thoughts anyone......
Old 03-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

My OPINION is if your using rc bros tubes they look great polished up with stock shaved cases.My axles are dlux,classic cut customs and rc bros using non 8 with the option of 8 and I couldnt be happier good luck with your decisions
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Ok everyone the ordering has begun!

After much deliberation I decided to get everything chassis down from Mr Dlux. It was going to take to long and going to be to difficult doing things any other way. This choice will have me driving by the end of April instead of June

I ordered,

His complete bad boy axles with Ofna stubs, RCbro gears and SDS 2nd and 3rd's as well as brass inserts for the hubs.

His V2 knuckles solid brass with slug holes and 16mm bearings along with a couple of thick and thin brass rings.

Lathed and modded Big Bores with springs.

A complete set of links with sliders for the D/A.

The D/A chassis is coming with the AL braces and their fancy skid as well.

I am still working on motors and electronics.

Last edited by Session; 03-25-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

You're going to be very happy with what you got. Look forward to seeing you out on the rocks.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Great chassis choice
Bc Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman Crawler View Post
You're going to be very happy with what you got. Look forward to seeing you out on the rocks.
Thanks Jaybe, Looking forward to being there. Once all this stuff gets here will you and Tom give me a hand in exchange for a healthy amount of Cerveza?

Slight update. My credit card is getting warmer by the minute!

2 13t 500 Pullers and a BR mini dual from HH are ordered.

CCbec and castle link on the way from Amazon.

Now I need a set of tires to use until EY can get me some narrowed Voodoos. He says June I am going to order these (see pic below) from Tomi when he gets back to use with the Voodoos but TCS has a good deal on Rovers and some SLW's that might make a good alternate set. Thoughts anyone?

Old 03-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #34
www.ottsix.com

Just buy some Voodoo's and cut-n-shut them yourself. Order them today and you'll have them in a few days...instead of a few months
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Why narrow the tire at all? Guys round here are using full width voodoos with alot of sucess. Silver compound. All around.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Why narrow the tire at all? Guys round here are using full width voodoos with alot of sucess. Silver compound. All around.
Cause thats what all the cool kids do.......right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
Just buy some Voodoo's and cut-n-shut them yourself. Order them today and you'll have them in a few days...instead of a few months
I have been thinking about doing that not the cutting but buying a uncut set direct. I hope your tires come with a bag of chips......

Last edited by Session; 03-25-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #37
www.ottsix.com

Chips? No. But they have been known to come with state, national, and international trophies
Old 03-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
Chips? No. But they have been known to come with state, national, and international trophies
I was poking fun because with all the buzz about them that they definitely should "be all that and a bag O chips"

And yea know, for $80.00 a set would it kill you to throw in a bag of chips? I like chips
Old 03-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #39
www.ottsix.com

haha, I knew exactly what you were getting at
Old 03-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

keep an eye out in the for sale section...

a set might just pop up soon
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sessions YTC Dlux berg build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
Pick-Up Build-Off minifaron 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 11-15-2009 09:22 AM
1.9 Scale Pick Up Build off! minifaron New Mexico 5 11-15-2009 09:14 AM
Which Truck Should I Pick To Build Ben's Madness Newbie General 15 07-13-2009 05:13 PM
Yep'er Another Merc build, Pick up that is... tjb 1.9 Scale Rigs 116 09-09-2008 03:52 AM