Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Sessions YTC Dlux berg build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The U help me pick build thread

Voodoos are super easy to narrow, for the price of a bottle of glue and a hour of your time it can be done.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
keep an eye out in the for sale section...

a set might just pop up soon
Don't I have to have a certain post count to get in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Voodoos are super easy to narrow, for the price of a bottle of glue and a hour of your time it can be done.
Man I tell you I hate glue! It sounds simple enough but if you make a mistake its a $20.00 mistake!

Last edited by Session; 03-25-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by more_session_please View Post
Don't I have to have a certain post count to get in there?
or a 20 dolla bill... might as well support the site
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
or a 20 dolla bill... might as well support the site
I put 20 bucks into Badgers retirement account. Happy now
Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Ok so the chassis is on the way. Mr D has shipped all of his goodies today so both packages should be here by Friday or Saturday woohoo. HH order should be around 2 weeks. I also have Michelle working on some skins and will order the wheels from Tomi on Tuesday.

Things remaining are.

Pinion, RR but what pitch and toothage is needed with the HH 13t 500 pullers?

Shock oil, 30W?

Batteries, MaxAmps? 3s 430mah?

Foams, comp cut? front and rear?

Servo, I was thinking about the 9380. From what I have been told Its quiet and I like that it fits the 25t spline servos.

Servo horn, I would like something better than the robotronics/racers edge pieces. I had those and they bend easily. I think the second screw up by the horn compromises their strength.

These two look beefy!

This is a Ofna

This is a Team Durango???

This is a serpent. Found it on A main

Lube, I am seriously thinking about using this. It works great in my pistols and AR so why not Berg gears?

Last edited by Session; 03-26-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I use robitronic clamping horns.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #47
www.ottsix.com

Amazing quality: Edge
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

robotronic
J-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #49
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:

Pinion, RR but what pitch and toothage is needed with the HH 13t 500 pullers?

Shock oil, 30W?

Batteries, MaxAmps? 3s 430mah?

Foams, comp cut? front and rear?

Servo, I was thinking about the 9380. From what I have been told Its quiet and I like that it fits the 25t spline servos.

Servo horn, I would like something better than the robotronics/racers edge pieces. I had those and they bend easily. I think the second screw up by the horn compromises their strength.
Pinion tooth will depend on your personal wants/needs. Over time, I find that I am a pure torque junky and less wheel speed to a point. I run 12t pinions but I think its more common to go with something closer to 14t so I would say anything from 12-14. I dont know much about your motor so somebody could be more helpful if they know the motor and its pros/cons.

Start out 30 or 35wt shock oil. Its a good base line. I run 45wt but also used to run 3 hole pistons or now I run MIP bypass pistons so that will make a bit of difference too.

I have been running Hobbyking 500mah 35c 3s batteries for a bit now. I am really liking them.

I never was a fan of Robitronics horns or any clamping horns for that matter. They did ok on my 2.2 but on my super, I could strip a clamping horn within 1-2 packs. I went to a simple Hitec non clamping style or AirWild horn and have not had an issue since then. A big key to helping your servo horn, servo and servo mount in good shape will be your taller upper link mount. If you look at my build I push it all the way forward to protect everything. It takes some serious abuse and is a great guard.

That team Durango looks beef and is non clamping. Hmmm. I need to look into that.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #50
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Non-clamping horn for sure. Hitec 55702 with one side cut off is what I prefer. Put a grub screw in the proximal hole to add strength. Under a nasty hit do you want your horn to pass all of the impact to your servo gears and case or would you rather your horn give a little? $10 per horn or $150 per servo. Something to consider.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Well we have a split on the servo horn type. I said in my last post that I had used the robo's and was not a huge fan as they seemed to bend easily and I think it is the second clamping screw that is the culprit. After thinking about what skaldiddog said maybe that give was not such a bad thing. Could you post a pick of how you run yours?

I also do not really see the need for a clamping mechanism. The screw holds it down snugly on the splines and a tiny drop of blue locktite will keep the screw from coming loose. I have a few weeks to think this one over a bit.

Quote:
A big key to helping your servo horn, servo and servo mount in good shape will be your taller upper link mount. If you look at my build I push it all the way forward to protect everything. It takes some serious abuse and is a great guard.
I will do this

Quote:
That team Durango looks beef and is non clamping. Hmmm. I need to look into that.
NewYork strip beef!

I will start out with 30w oil and see how that goes.

Can anyone who has used the 500 pullers recommend a pinion size? Erik suggested 13t-14t. These are not big punch motors so would the 14 be better? What pitch do I need for Berg gears?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

It's all personal preference that's what makes it fun puller 500 13turn I have 15 front 14 rear mod 0.6 but 13's or 14's work all depends on driving style Robinson or Novak makes pinions, haven't seen anything on here about a radio yet? Wheel or twinstick
Old 03-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Money View Post
It's all personal preference that's what makes it fun puller 500 13turn I have 15 front 14 rear mod 0.6 but 13's or 14's work all depends on driving style Robinson or Novak makes pinions, haven't seen anything on here about a radio yet? Wheel or twinstick
Wheel! I want to learn twin stick as much as I want to glue tires....NOT! Everyone says Futaba but I keep looking at them online and no offense to anyone but they are just UGLY! I know they work great and all but It is just like with a women. You have to be at least somewhat attracted to them or it just won't work no matter how good they are in bed. I will probably go Spektrum. I had a DX3R back in the day and it worked well. I just cannot figure out if the DX4S will do the job or not. Some say it mixes dual ESC's and some say it does not. The specs say it has 2 assignable mixes but I am not sure if that is what I need. I really do not need all the fancy stuff the DSXR does and I would rather put the $70.00 difference towards something else.

Is 0.6 mod the pitch? I just need a good place to start with how many teeth to run. That is the one easy and cheap thing i can fix later. so 14t would be middle of the road?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

I got this today I put it together with a 2mm allen wrench. Now thats entertainment

Last edited by Session; 03-27-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Yes sir I bought mod 0.6 there's a thread on the next page about them, also there's better radio manufactures out there then spectrum surface, theres radio post,and been hearing good things about airtronics check them out I'm just a fan of futaba they always work right my 0.2 good luck
Old 03-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #56
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
After thinking about what skaldiddog said maybe that give was not such a bad thing. Could you post a pick of how you run yours?

Here you go. Open holes filled the grub screws (Blue246 Loctite) and an almost press-fit custom deep washer to fill the recessed area in the horn under the screw head to spread the force of the screw cap. Use socket cap screws for a larger bit to reduced chance of stripping. Phillips sucks...especially on 2.5mm hardware.

You may notice a slight bend in the horn alredy...it's taken some hits. When it's bent to the point of touching the tie rod, I replace it. Any attempts to straighten Al turns it to crap.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Ok all of you Spektrum hating Futaba bullies I bought a 4PLS. Happy now

I got a decent deal on ebay with no tax and free shipping. I caved under the pier pressure. I know I would have been shunned at comps, snickered at as I walked by and no one would "like" my posts anymore so I did it. But you can't make me like it

Last edited by Session; 03-28-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Anyone know what the upper link mounts in the pic are called and also know a good place to get them?

Old 03-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #59
E.Y. Designs

They come in the traxxas Aluminum Hollow ball package... Here's a link...

Traxxas Revo Hollow ball set, aluminum Revo (30)/ tall centered hollow ball (2)/ tall offset hol [TRA5355X] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Holy crap they are expensive I can get them on ebay for about 20 bucks a pack but because there are only 2 of the centered ones in each pack you have to get 2. They have them is smaller packs that are not aluminum for around 4 bucks a pack but I am not sure of the weight difference. Would I be able to use all of the regular balls for the rod ends? That would at least make the cost a little more bearable.

Sessions YTC Dlux berg build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
Pick-Up Build-Off minifaron 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 11-15-2009 09:22 AM
1.9 Scale Pick Up Build off! minifaron New Mexico 5 11-15-2009 09:14 AM
Which Truck Should I Pick To Build Ben's Madness Newbie General 15 07-13-2009 05:13 PM
Yep'er Another Merc build, Pick up that is... tjb 1.9 Scale Rigs 116 09-09-2008 03:52 AM