Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Gear case mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Gear case mod

Does anyone know the link to a thread that shows how to mod the gear case to move the motor so you can run the servo between the axle and motor?
tweak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Gear case mod

I'm pretty sure people are clearancing the axle tube to accomplish that, not re-setting the motor or messing with the gear box. Look at the berg tubes that rc bros sells for an idea. i'd take a picture of my set up, but I'm at work right now.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:03 AM   #3
TSK
Shelf queen

It's originally referred to as the 86jeep steering mod, and it does require repositioning of the motor (vertically) to allow the pinion to mesh with the large second gear as the servo prevents the motor from adjusting forwards to attain proper gear mesh.

Tubes like the ones offered by Dlux & RcBro have a small outside diameter so modification of the tube is not required, however, if using stock berg tubes, the long side tube needs to be notched to allow the servo to have enough space to mount between the moor and tube.

Here's the link to a good pic of how it was first done. Everyone does it a little differently now but it should help you wrap your mind around what it takes. Take note of the two additional holes made to relocate the motor upwards as well as the window for the pinion shaft goes through to clear the bearing on the end of the motor.

T1E ''Ti Fighter''

Last edited by TSK; 04-21-2014 at 03:17 AM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
Wanna get? Gotta want.

There is more than one way to do it. Here is a post with some pics of how I do them.

DLUX Berg axle parts
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Gear case mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hitec 7950 possible center case Mod, time will tell...... LuckyDevil Electronics 13 11-08-2013 03:15 PM
Dx3s case mod BansheeManiac Electronics 4 11-08-2010 03:52 PM
How to mod the t-case for a smaller pinion? DaSamurai Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 09-09-2009 08:04 AM
dual case mod for 1/18th nic99 General Crawlers 2 04-14-2006 08:47 PM