Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Body for Berg V3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #1

Default Body for Berg V3

Where should I look for stock Berg V3 body?

Thanks!

ivanpedruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Body for Berg V3

No to sure what you mean, I think the body for this berg is the rectangular lexan sheet that comes with the kit. Not much of a body in my opinion, more of a protective plate that you can paint if you want. It can add some style to your rig if you are creative.
If you want a Crawler, or Truck body you can do what ever you want. You will have to add some kind of body posts to the sides of the chassis to mount the body.
Rock Steady
I don't know the size of this body, but it's made for the Axial Scorpion.
I also don't really think the Berg Tracer was made to have a body mounted on it, but don't let that stop you. It's your crawler.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

berg V3 is not a comp crawler,,,
When I started my crawler days I bought me a berg V3 because everybody said that berg was the bomb,,
Little did I know that there is no way to rebuild the V3,,the only thing I wanted was the axels,because I wanted a chaotic crawlers switch chassis on my crawler,And did soon realixe that it was impossible to use the berg V3 axels to build anything else than the chassis that comes with the kit,,
I had a friend who had a xr10 kit laying under his bed ready to be built,,and he was so cool to trade the berg V3 against the xr10 kit from axial..
And then I build up the xr10 axels and did finaly get my switch chassis on them,,did also get almoust all the vanquish stuff besides the axletops,but it does not bother me at all..
my xr10 is 120g lighter than the vanquish xr10 to my friend who I got the kit from,,,
Now I have bought me a pair off dlux superlites so there is a brand new world for me to get into,,
But The berg V3 is for people who just wanna have fun,,,,or, I havent seen any in comps yet,,,
PS,,, Merry X-MAS
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Perfect, that is exactly what I am doing with my V3 berg. Having fun with it and learning how to drive and choose lines.If I do ever want a true comp crawler I will follow advice from this board on building one from the axles up.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopernator View Post
Perfect, that is exactly what I am doing with my V3 berg. Having fun with it and learning how to drive and choose lines.If I do ever want a true comp crawler I will follow advice from this board on building one from the axles up.
Just remember that you have to buy berg V1 or dlux axels,, the V3 axels is like I said before,,only for that kit...
I think if you like to just hit the rocks and have fun you will soon feel the need for a comp rig,,
then you can sell the V3 and see how mutch you get for it..
PS,, I will recomend to use 2x esc so that you have the oppurtunity for DIG,,
DIG is when you turn off one off the motors,,the most used it to turn off the rear motor to turn alot better and to climb over 90* or more angels,
you just turn off the rear axle and the crawler pulls itself up by the front tires,and when youre rear tires have contact with the rock you can turn on the rear motor again,,just by a switch off a button on youre radio,,
you will need a 4 channel reciver,, The servo on channel one and the motors on two and tree,,and finaly the bec on channel 4,,,
This is the moust common way I belive,,
Gotta love MOA crawling,I did run 1 year before I did buy the extra tekin fxr esc,that is a great way to become a good pilot to run without any "helping devices",,I did not have weights on my steeringknuckles also the first year,,
But damn it was fun anyway,,,today I have all the help I can get,,
almoust 70* steering,the lightest axels on the market,loaded dize weights in the front and 46g in the back,,and all the weight is very low,,,,
Old 12-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I forgot to mention bully2 axels,,
they are many who are running these days...

Body for Berg V3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patina bug body on a berg Redfinger Paint and Body 13 04-23-2010 02:14 AM
Berg body Der Kampfer Paint and Body 3 03-17-2010 08:19 AM