RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   Mammoth's journey to the berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/527268-mammoths-journey-berg.html)

mammoth 02-24-2015 12:03 AM

Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
7 Attachment(s)
So I figured it was time to do a build thread on this rig. It's already seen some wheel time but I recently decided to change chassis' so its as good time as any to get a thread going. Won't be a ton of build pics but have a couple.
Parts list:
Dlux superlites 7075 centers
Rcbro large gears with pin mod and drilled out for weight
SDS small gears
Rcbro lockers
Axial Chubs
Dlux knuckles and weights
Rcbro shocks
Dlux wheels
Silver Voodoo's
CI foams
Y-Town Double Agent
Dlux ti links alum balls
alum hardware
Skins in the works

HH br minis
Castle BEC
Hitec 7950
Futaba 2106GF receiver
Futaba 4PX
Team Brood HHK-T Stubbies 35t (Soon to be Nexus HHK-T 30T)

On to some pics

mammoth 02-24-2015 12:11 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
1 Attachment(s)
First outdoor comp with the rig with the boys form WARCRC and got the win. Have to say the rig isn't far off from being dialed in!"thumbsup"
I know some guys have some pics and video of the comp. When I get my hands on it I'll add it to the thread!
Again thanks guys for having me down for this one was a beautiful day out on the rocks with a great group!"thumbsup"

FLOKI-81 02-24-2015 12:23 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Great looking rig,,,,
What do you think off the nexus motors???

Zarizi Tech 02-24-2015 02:13 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Good job Randy! Can't wait to see video of that comp. I love the look of that spot on top of the mountain. "thumbsup"

Looks like you have put a lot of thought in that rig. Top notch stuff all around. Glad it's working fo ya! "thumbsup"

chevotafun 02-24-2015 08:27 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
About fricken time you put up a build thread :roll::roll:
Good to see the tuning we did to the truck before the comp made a difference "thumbsup"

Also glad the super worked well for you.

Better make a build thread for your super since you haven't built anything on it yet. :twisted:

Krawler Kev 02-24-2015 08:46 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Great looking truck Randy."thumbsup"

Finally a chassis change from the antiquated Chaotic stuff.

I can't wait to see some video from the comp.:twisted:

I've been chatting up the fellas here in Calgary and we are going to try to line up a weekend where we can comp with LMRCC and WARCRC.:shock:

Mmmmmm double dip comp weekend.

EDIT: I noticed that you have skins in the works. Ever thought of a slick BC Paints paint job?

mammoth 02-24-2015 09:23 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLOKI-81 (Post 5156034)
Great looking rig,,,,
What do you think off the nexus motors???

As soon as I get them in and tested I'll let you know. Still running the stubbies at the moment as they are still an excellent motor!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarizi Tech (Post 5156066)
Good job Randy! Can't wait to see video of that comp. I love the look of that spot on top of the mountain. "thumbsup"

Looks like you have put a lot of thought in that rig. Top notch stuff all around. Glad it's working fo ya! "thumbsup"

Thanks Samu! I did put a lot of thought into this rig before I pulled the trigger on these parts and I have to say they have come together very nicely!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevotafun (Post 5156178)
About fricken time you put up a build thread :roll::roll:
Good to see the tuning we did to the truck before the comp made a difference "thumbsup"

Also glad the super worked well for you.

Better make a build thread for your super since you haven't built anything on it yet. :twisted:

Ya ya better late than never... Yes the shock tuning has improved my overall control of the rig. Thanks!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Kev (Post 5156199)
Great looking truck Randy."thumbsup"

Finally a chassis change from the antiquated Chaotic stuff.

I can't wait to see some video from the comp.:twisted:

I've been chatting up the fellas here in Calgary and we are going to try to line up a weekend where we can comp with LMRCC and WARCRC.:shock:

Mmmmmm double dip comp weekend.

EDIT: I noticed that you have skins in the works. Ever thought of a slick BC Paints paint job?

Thanks Kev! "thumbsup" I know it was about time to move on from Chaotic even thou it served me well.

Video will be coming I'm sure as I know Chad has taken some. I'll see if he can make a video of just me for the thread.

I haven't pulled the trigger on any skins yet as you will see once the photos and video come out. I have been considering Ryan just thinking about my options at the moment!

Thanks again everyone and thanks to all the vendors that made this rig possible!!"thumbsup"

FLOKI-81 02-24-2015 09:33 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
the chaotic crawlers chassis is extreme good,,
my first 2.2pro chassis was a switch and I am very happy with the way it smashes rocks on the course,,he he he..
and the nexus motors is the new form for stubby,,the stubby is history and the nexus has taken it`s place....

Erik D_lux 02-24-2015 09:46 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
So much carbon in those first couple of pics! Crazy!

Car looks great!

Youre building a super? :shock::mrgreen:

Erik D_lux 02-24-2015 09:46 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Those knuckle weights are pretty crazy too. Good way to keep the weight where you want it but get it way out there.

mammoth 02-24-2015 10:21 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLOKI-81 (Post 5156251)
the chaotic crawlers chassis is extreme good,,
my first 2.2pro chassis was a switch and I am very happy with the way it smashes rocks on the course,,he he he..
and the nexus motors is the new form for stubby,,the stubby is history and the nexus has taken it`s place....

Yes I know the stubbies are history. I need to get some practice time with the nexus before I take them out to a comp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5156267)
So much carbon in those first couple of pics! Crazy!

Car looks great!

Youre building a super? :shock::mrgreen:

Yes a $hit load of carbon but looks good!

Super you say? Who'd a thunk it!:twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5156269)
Those knuckle weights are pretty crazy too. Good way to keep the weight where you want it but get it way out there.

Yes the knuckle weight works great! I have removed some from the first pics and it seems to be a prefect balance! Thanks for the sweet design!"thumbsup"

FLOKI-81 02-24-2015 10:44 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
I think eric is tired off the carbonfiber look at all the bodyless chasisises these days,,,and all the carbonfiber on the transcans also...
he he he.. I still think carbonfiber looks kinda sexy,,'
but on the chassis there will come some skinz,, I dont know what to do with the transcans doug....
maby G10 in somekinda color????

chevotafun 02-24-2015 10:47 AM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
You're building a super? :shock::mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::l mao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lma o:

KingGee 02-24-2015 03:08 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Kev (Post 5156199)
Great looking truck Randy."thumbsup"

Finally a chassis change from the antiquated Chaotic stuff.

I can't wait to see some video from the comp.:twisted:

I've been chatting up the fellas here in Calgary and we are going to try to line up a weekend where we can comp with LMRCC and WARCRC.:shock:

Mmmmmm double dip comp weekend.

Looking like randy and bob are gonna double dip on comps in march. Ours is the 21st and theirs is the 22nd. Our march spot is from what i hear 1.5 hrs from bob(solitare's) compound. Dont know if the border patrol will let randy through again after i talk to them about him whoopin up on us sat. :flipoff:

ZZR 1100 Racer 02-24-2015 04:33 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Great parts Randy and congrats for the first win"thumbsup"

...can't wait to see the first video:mrgreen:

mammoth 02-24-2015 05:56 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingGee (Post 5156592)
Looking like randy and bob are gonna double dip on comps in march. Ours is the 21st and theirs is the 22nd. Our march spot is from what i hear 1.5 hrs from bob(solitare's) compound. Dont know if the border patrol will let randy through again after i talk to them about him whoopin up on us sat. :flipoff:

Hopefully they can make it for that weekend! Remember guys we can always help find a bed for you to save $$$.

Going to have to switch up which border crossing to use. Can't have fhem holding me back! :flipoff: Too much fun comping with you guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZR 1100 Racer (Post 5156659)
Great parts Randy and congrats for the first win"thumbsup"

...can't wait to see the first video:mrgreen:

Thanks Stephan! "thumbsup"It was a good shake down run and very close to being where it needs to be! As soon as I can get my hands on any video I'll get it up!

mammoth 02-25-2015 01:05 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Here is a link that was provided to me from the comp with footage from course 2 and part of 3.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-5aSL1T5aGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks to Grover (Chad) for taking the this video and posting it up for me!

rockslyder 02-25-2015 01:15 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Great driving Randy "thumbsup" it looks like it did a good job on it's maden run 8)

Krawler Kev 02-25-2015 01:26 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
That is one BEAUTIFUL place to crawl. :mrgreen:

Great driving and thanks for posting up."thumbsup"

mammoth 02-25-2015 01:49 PM

Re: Mammoth's journey to the berg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockslyder (Post 5157613)
Great driving Randy "thumbsup" it looks like it did a good job on it's maden run 8)

Thanks Todd! Yes it did really well considering it had only one indoor run before the comp! Y-town makes a great chassis!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Kev (Post 5157630)
That is one BEAUTIFUL place to crawl. :mrgreen:

Great driving and thanks for posting up."thumbsup"

Thanks Kev its a great place to crawl "thumbsup" just be careful with the throttle as you don't want to go off the cliff! Like my sporty last time there!:lmao:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com