Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Berg axle questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Berg axle questions

What is included with the superlite dlux axles? Is the price for only one axle or is it both? What is included with ccc berg axles? Are there any other berg axles still being made? Is it worth it to switch from xr10 to berg?
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Berg axle questions

If your xr10 axles are working for you no need to swap.. for what's included with D-lux axles look on his website.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
What is included with the superlite dlux axles? Is the price for only one axle or is it both? What is included with ccc berg axles? Are there any other berg axles still being made? Is it worth it to switch from xr10 to berg?
Is it worth switching?
It depends.. If you have stock XR axles, semi built XR axles, or if your breaking gears.. Then Yes!
If you have fully loaded XR axles and aren't having issues.. Not really..

Other Berg axles?
Roksloski makes cases and cvd's.
Rcbros makes tubes.

Prices are for a set of axle's.. But depends on how you build them, on the web sites..

When on Dluxfab.com and you click on the superlite's, you can pick all the options you want.. (Don't directly quote me on this) RTR from 600-1,100$?

CCC will run you 600$ without uni's and axle shafts, at a minimum.. (From what I gather from the website)
EDIT: 635$ WITH UNI'S.. but still out C's and knuckles, and weights.. So still pushing 800$ RTR..

As far as physical axles.. You want Dlux..

I have both sets sitting here and ran CCC for over a year. I've had 3 front axle shafts fail, one at a national championship!
My boy had one fail at World's! Not exactly a place you want to worry about your axles holding up.. :/

I now have very expensive uni's in the CCC axles. Not from CCC..

Atleast with Dlux, he makes his himself. Not sending them out to have a shop make them, that there is no control over heat or process used to weld them. IMO

Now, I never had any issues with the cases or tubes of my CCC axles.. Just the uni's. But the uni's are pretty important!

Now like anything else in this hobby, this is just my experience..

Last edited by winnerone23; 01-14-2016 at 10:00 AM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I've been having the final 2 gears jump out of alignment about 1/4 of the times I run it. I have semi built xr axles, with vp cases, vp link mounts, wraith knuckles, and rc4wd gears. It runs well but no where near as well the bergs that I have seen.

Last edited by Dezertdirt; 01-13-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #5
RCC Addict

It depends on what you'll do for universals and gears. Like winner said go to his website and choose your options. If you were going this route and in your position. Id use your wraith chubs get dlux 7075 knuckles with his ofna universals. And rc4wd gears.

Im personally loving the non 8* i get from the ax10 chubs so thats an option if you wanna leave the wraith chubs on your xr axles.

Last edited by Curcal; 01-13-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #6
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I think most of your questions can be answered in the below thread and my website.

Winner is correct. You can get a set of super lites for as little as $600, but that is without front shafts.

You can get the "replacement case" axles for less than the super lites FYI. They are about $100 less so, about $500 RTR minus shafts.

DLUX Carbon Fiber MOA axles
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:11 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
I've been having the final 2 gears jump out of alignment about 1/4 of the times I run it. I have semi built xr axles, with vp cases, vp link mounts, wraith knuckles, and rc4wd gears. It runs well but no where near as well the bergs that I have seen.
Yuck! Not to mention that horrible sound of those gears, middle of the course, skip and grind! Ooohhhh... I still cringe when I hear other guys axles do it!
I had fully built, modded, and tinkered with XR axles, before switching..
I replaced gears, atleast, once a comp!
In-between each course, at one comp..

Berg axles might cost a little more, at first, but I haven't replaced a gear since I switched, almost 2yrs ago..
Which not only saved me a pile of money, but the confidence I have in the axle's, allows me to enjoy crawling more and without hesitation in situations.

500$-600$ for RTR Berg axles, with replacement cases, is a steal!

I had that much into my XR axle's, easily! And I still couldn't get thru a comp without breaking them.. :( Lol..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:00 AM   #8

Hello,
you also have the opportunity to take axles Trialis: Axles Trialis
regards
energykarting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

All above is true. In order to keep my XR axles bulletproof I had to add the Vanquish alum upper axle half to keep the front together and for the rear... It has two 3mmx35mm long bolts w/lock nuts capturing my axle halves together (In my XR-10 build thread.) It is an inexpensive cheap mod and for the rear but not the front. Also depends on your Motors. I didnt break a gear in my rig till I put HH Team puller 500's.
best motors out there! Jesus talk about power! Really only need 75% of the power they make. Almost WAYYYY too much for the parts too handle especially in an abnormal condition. like....In the air, full throttle, in dig, steering turned full lock then catch a jagged hole with one tire at ludicris speed. I think Fishmaxx and Mammoth were there to witness my only gear snap ever.

Last edited by barrybelvedere; 01-28-2016 at 11:44 PM.
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote

Berg axle questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Axle Master Berg Rear Straight Axle Kits LetsHandleit Axles, Trannys, T-case 150 08-14-2012 10:44 AM
Axle questions - MOA and rc4wd hardcore axle beomagi General Crawlers 5 04-26-2012 07:23 AM
RC Axle Master HR and Berg Straight Axle Kits IN STOCK RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 11-01-2009 06:45 PM