Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux axles. Revised and lower cost!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #1
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Dlux axles. Revised and lower cost!

Man, it seems like forever I have been working on this project. Now its 90% done and I can finally release them.

I set out to make the lowest cost axles possible. I would have a really hard time selling a set of axles that break your first time driving so I stayed away from that idea even though it would have been cheaper. They will not be the cheapest ever made but, they will be the lowest cost (apples to apples), lightest weight and highest performing axles ever brought to market. Never has there been a set of axles sold that gave you so much for such little cost.

I have tried to put these on my site as simple as possible for the new guy (and some veterans LOL).
  • “Better” axle line which is great for a starter and very well may never have an issue with any of the parts but might like some upgrades in the future.
  • “Best” which is the best of all the parts I have to offer. This is a good route if you never want to upgrade.
If you know what you want and dont want those options, you can still build a la carte off my site or email/PM me.

One thing that I have added to bring down the cost is the aluminum side plates. To some, this may be very attractive as I know lots like aluminum. I am excited to see what people do with these. Polish, anodize, paint or whatever you can do to make them your own! They will come from me in a raw, mill finish. Axles are still available in carbon fiber also
I hope this helps smash the idea that there are no RTR axles on the market. I have a full inventory ready to assemble or ship in parts. Please help spread the word and help build our hobby (since that is their intention).

Oh, and obviously, don’t forget to check the prices. I think you guys will be pretty happy about that! Dluxfab.com

Below are pictures of the "Better" cases. If you think those are good, you would love the "Best" cases!

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 05-13-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #2

Default Re: Dlux axles. Revised and lower cost!

Amazing work as always! Hats off to you for providing a RTR axle assembly, and at such a good price!

Last edited by inertia; 05-13-2016 at 03:59 PM.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Very good job ERIK
Bring them in France for World.
pat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:02 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Congratulations, Erick
it's a great idea to attempt to discover the craxwler for the greatest number of people.
Without too much fear, with the money!
I think you can go a little further ... propose a RTR car with the help of an American electronics manufacturer and motors (follow my thought)
maduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thanks everybody!

Yep, a ARTR car is pretty much designed and ready to be made. I just need more time to complete it.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Thanks everybody!

Yep, a ARTR car is pretty much designed and ready to be made. I just need more time to complete it.
get ready for the flood of orders
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Wanna get? Gotta want.

It will be interesting.

As you know, many people bought cars such as the XR10. As you may also know, almost all these cars have issues right out of the box that you have to fix. For whatever reason, people are fine with this. I dont think I could do that. I plan on making a ARTR car that does not have significant issues but may need upgrades. Of course, this also means it probably wont be a $300-$400 car to start with.

Its hard for me to judge what people want because they all want to have their cake and eat it too. For this reason, I am going to put together what I have and then I will post it up for feedback.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:50 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

sounds good to me, but im willing to bet there will be a lot of dlux artr rigs out there. and knowing your quality work, your rigs wont need much for upgrades. id leave tires and wheels up to the person ordering it. so maybe a slider would be best
Old 05-16-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
Wanna get? Gotta want.

For sure. I am excited to see what comes of it and the feedback that you guys might have!
Old 05-16-2016, 07:59 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

all the feedback you get, will be positive for sure.

I cant wait to see whats coming.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #11
RCC Addict

My feedback is "DLUX" gone wild!!! Holy moly you comin up with BEST parts/mods has become normal but offering a artr would start a global frenzy no doubt
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
It will be interesting.

Its hard for me to judge what people want because they all want to have their cake and eat it too. For this reason, I am going to put together what I have and then I will post it up for feedback.
But really, what is the point of cake if you can't eat it! Haha. The hardest part I can for see is building a capable ARTR rig that meets the requirements but also allows the scope to create a unique and individual unit. The berg attracted me due to the individuality of the builds. Yet to see two that look the same!
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I think this has many layers, similar to an onion...
Although I must say I enjoy seeing one off custom built cars and parts,
I would also like to see a good ARTR hit the market for the less capable or un-motivated builders to be able to get into crawling.
I do not mind helping a new guy with tips, pointers, technical help, whatever, but...
inevitably that will bring a few people that have bad attitudes or immoral ethics which is kind of a bummer too.
I also would like to see a SPEC Class so everybody has the same equipment, this may be an opportunity for that too I imagine?
With all that being said, no matter which direction it travels, I have a lot of appreciation and respect for the
knowledge, time, investment, and dedication that D_lux has given to the hobby...
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
But really, what is the point of cake if you can't eat it! Haha. The hardest part I can for see is building a capable ARTR rig that meets the requirements but also allows the scope to create a unique and individual unit. The berg attracted me due to the individuality of the builds. Yet to see two that look the same!
Plenty of room for individuality, even with same ARTR rig. paint, (body\panels) wheels, tires, servo,esc's, chassis swap, ect. Plus buying a ARTR rig from D-lux comes with a great driver putting years of experience into a ARTR Roller...... that is priceless...

With all the work Eric has done I suspect next thing we might see will be gears..... fingers crossed.
Thanks for all your work Eric

I can't wait to pick-up front and rear aluminum replacement cases.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #15
Try to Bend it

Exactly,

In the words of Novas Ark, "Give 20 guys the same chassis and they will build 20 different rigs"
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
I also would like to see a SPEC Class so everybody has the same equipment, this may be an opportunity for that too I imagine?
With all that being said, no matter which direction it travels, I have a lot of appreciation and respect for the
knowledge, time, investment, and dedication that D_lux has given to the hobby...
x2 on that. a spec class? like 2.2 moa sporty???? or berg spec?

dlux didn't open a can of worms. he opened a can of mountain dew!
Old 05-17-2016, 07:44 AM   #17
RCC Addict

2.2 mod is kind of already a spec class. All the cars have to fall withing certain specs (wb, width, chassis size, etc.) Not sure id want to build another 2.2 moa for a special class..... just my thoughts an artr from Dlux is light years ahead from any rtr/kit crawler thats evere been out. As far as equipment durability, chassis geometry or effectiveness, etc. I dont know what he has in mind of including with the artr or kit. But i'm sure it will be capable as well as have room for upgrades and personalization.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #18
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Good discussion guys, I like it!

If I could have it my way, I would wish for old times where I could make complicated Berg parts, Berg guys were capable of figuring it out and then Axial did a great job with the XR, made great kits with instructions and took great care of that part of the hobby.

Ever since Axial bailed, my job has changed dramatically. I dont feel like I can make parts that are difficult to install or that even take some dremel work without feeling the heat! I need to change my ways or at least look at it in a different light to cater to the guys who need more from me. Hopefully these RTR axles and a ARTR car will do the trick.

The axles wont be different that what is above, unless I can figure out a way to make them even cheaper. I will simply be adding a very cost effective chassis and links, possibly wheels and call it a day. This setup would be great and last a long time for anybody but like most ARTR cars, you might grow out of a chassis that is made from Delrin (or something similar), aluminum lower links that could possibly break etc,.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #19
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
With all the work Eric has done I suspect next thing we might see will be gears..... fingers crossed.
Just wait man. So effing sick!

Screw all you guys, I want them for myself!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
2.2 mod is kind of already a spec class. All the cars have to fall withing certain specs (wb, width, chassis size, etc.)
My thoughts are closer to a BOX STOCK class. Drivers choice on a couple items but not much.
Even though you and I know that it isn't the rig that makes the difference,
a lot of people think it is. I remember watching Burbo stomp a mudhole in
a group of great drivers with a brand new XR10 with no mods...
If we are all driving the same car then it is all on the driver.
I know this is not for everybody. Heck, I think some people rely on being able to blame the car!
House is offline   Reply With Quote

Dlux axles. Revised and lower cost! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feeler - Lightweight Lower Cost Comp Beadlock monkeyracer Tires and Wheels 34 03-09-2014 04:14 PM