Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux "kit" car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dlux "kit" car

cf gears? ti gears? stainless? g10? plutonium?

I already knew your producing some. just a hint hint to make them possible. and keep them as an open opportunity to purchase for the next.. uh 30 yrs.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #42
RCP CRAWLERS

Eric I'd like to buy components off you, to do the same with my chassis and wheels
maybe we can get Holmes Hobbies to supply the electronics, Voodoo to supply tires
and crawler innovations foams.... I'm sure Jake would be up for the concept too!
Nice job on keeping the sport alive!
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I've been working on it I take my shafty to all the scale comps I go to.

149 r/c worx team driver

Last edited by snapon boy; 06-17-2016 at 10:35 AM.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

A few years back we had a GTG, one of the guys was a FB fan, he had a spare brushed motor in the back of his Wraith, I immediately facepalmed!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Can't wait to see the gears! They will definitely be part of what moa needs to move forward. I think a link with every kit to a youtube video instructions would be the ticket to new people (even those experienced in rc) on how to assemble a moa rig and how the functions work once assembled. I know when I first jumped in with both feet it was overwhelming but did find some xr build videos which helped a ton and that was a kit with decent instructions.

Now RCC has taken a leap of a big cliff from where it once was. This all to me at least seems to coincide with the take over of USRCCA by Holmes to RCORVA. Once that happened and a new site with poor navigation and little to no information was up and running people flocked to facebook as it was a one stop shop for all crawler scale info needed. It may just be me but that divided people and made it confusing to where and how to find or post information. Example is trying to post an event on RCOVRA was like pulling teeth. On facebook it took all of 2 mins to type something and it was seen by thousands with out having to search for it. Can't have so many places to go to post stuff as people just can't be bothered to go out of there way to find info. Just ask Erik how many questions he answers daily that if people would take 2 mins to look for something he wouldn't have to.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #46
RCC Addict

IMO it wasn't ORVA thats been killing this site, FB has had it by the balls for a long time.

the concept for ORVA was good.... execution......lackluster at best, and it did not pan out, I think most who went there for any info "left" from here and ultimately came back, I dont think this hiccup had caused comp crawling numbers dwindle.... we were already low
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Facebook is what is killing this site and it's the same questions over and over and over.
What's a good servo?
What's a good esc/motor combo?
Does anyone have this body on a SCX10/Wraith?
What's a good tire?

I think the kit car is an awesome idea!

I'd offer a few options for electronics and wheels/tires/foams if possible (or even just links to places to get them). Then explain the options, options are good if even the newest people know what they are picking.

I'm also excited to see what you come out with for gears!
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
IMO it wasn't ORVA thats been killing this site, FB has had it by the balls for a long time.

the concept for ORVA was good.... execution......lackluster at best, and it did not pan out, I think most who went there for any info "left" from here and ultimately came back, I dont think this hiccup had caused comp crawling numbers dwindle.... we were already low
I agree concept good execution terrible. I just noticed that once that happened people turned to FB more than ever as RCC wasn't the one stop shop anymore. I don't think this had anything to do with crawling numbers increasing or decreasing but the number using RCC it effected in a big way.

I definitely agree that wheel/electronic packages would help a lot!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

I think posting links in the utube videos to Holmes Hobbies or brood and crawler innovation etc would be great idea less questions for delux. And if the other vendors were onbord when the newbs call or email pm what ever thay can reference the delux kit and less questions from all.

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I know more than a handful will stay on this sight and more than at least 20 of us would buy a kit.

and any newbs or "FNG's" wanting a new kit would most likely buy one if there was a build thread. there are sections on this forum that they should refer to as far as electronics wheels.. and so on.

now where did I put those gears at?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Video would help, even better a VERY detail build thread (manual) of a Dluxfab ARTR kit\RTR version would work perfect tons of pictures... pictures are worth a thousand words... simply have links to other vendors parts used in build thread in post #1. also in the post where you install the "said vendors part". Have a link on FB to the build thread.
Exactly what this website was made for.

I think you're on the right path Eric. It's definitely a builder's kit, I think newbies might be scared of drilling holes for servo mount and link mounts maybe those holes can be predrilled.

If you buy a kit and unsure how to build it. Ship to me and I'll build it for you

BTW. I think gears are 3D printed Kevlar
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:59 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Video would help, even better a VERY detail build thread (manual) of a Dluxfab ARTR kit\RTR version would work perfect tons of pictures... pictures are worth a thousand words... simply have links to other vendors parts used in build thread in post #1. also in the post where you install the "said vendors part". Have a link on FB to the build thread.
Exactly what this website was made for.

I think you're on the right path Eric. It's definitely a builder's kit, I think newbies might be scared of drilling holes for servo mount and link mounts maybe those holes can be predrilled.

If you buy a kit and unsure how to build it. Ship to me and I'll build it for you

BTW. I think gears are 3D printed Kevlar
Funny how you didn't mention anything about sending it back.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #53
RCC Addict

I was not chomping on you eric, but sometimes you do some things that on first appearances
are hard to figure out. was trying to glean some more hidden cleverness from you.

and you also sometimes include hidden clues mr integrirty
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

E i will buy one just to support you. I have been a customer of yours for quite sometime ,always the best customer service ans support not to mention top of the food chain quality. I dont even need another car but will get one just to support the hobbie and your movement to keep this going. Send an invoice.hahahah
THE ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Good thread Erik. good thread! The new gears in itself is a beautiful thing. I see nothing wrong with your price point on the roller. I have spent many more $ than that on similar end pieces. Plus the one stop shop is nice!
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Eric, this is a fantastic setup you have came up with. But, unfortunately this forum is dead, your gonna have to embrace Facebook to get comp crawling to grow again. I was very die hard on this forum, but the clicks and people that run this forum have made me turn away from it.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:19 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

the people that run this forum made you turn away from it?

PEEPEE? Jason? who? id like to know. they've never turned me away.

3d printed shapeways gears
Old 06-20-2016, 06:23 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingman9000 View Post
the people that run this forum made you turn away from it?

PEEPEE? Jason? who? id like to know. they've never turned me away.

3d printed shapeways gears
Not the thread, for that question to be answered...

Dlux runs this sh!t!!!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:34 AM   #59
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Yes, but 99.9% of them have no clue what they are looking at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
^ maybe if we push the moderators to help us out a bit we can make this into what we want or need
I admit, I have not pushed directly, only indirect with no response. Curt, you sound like youre ready to take this on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
Eric I'd like to buy components off you, to do the same with my chassis and wheels
maybe we can get Holmes Hobbies to supply the electronics, Voodoo to supply tires
and crawler innovations foams.... I'm sure Jake would be up for the concept too!
Nice job on keeping the sport alive!
I think thats a great idea! Different chassis and wheels would be awesome!

I sent a message to JRH but have not gotten a response yet. I will hit him up again in the next couple of days. Worst case, I can simply offer the electronics at the great price he already gives me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Can't wait to see the gears! They will definitely be part of what moa needs to move forward. I think a link with every kit to a youtube video instructions would be the ticket to new people (even those experienced in rc) on how to assemble a moa rig and how the functions work once assembled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Video would help, even better a VERY detail build thread (manual) of a Dluxfab ARTR kit\RTR version would work perfect tons of pictures... pictures are worth a thousand words...

I think a Youtube video is a great idea!

Great idea on drilling the servo holes too. I will work on that. I am going to leave the shock mounts though, I cant tell you how many times I have been glad they are infinitely adjustable to get the setup just right. I wouldn't want to take that away from anybody.

On your last comment, I was actually thinking about that. I think it would be a great business opportunity and a great way to make some extra money to offer a service where you assemble everything. No you specifically Matt, but just somebody who wanted to get something going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabron View Post
I was not chomping on you eric, but sometimes you do some things that on first appearances
are hard to figure out. was trying to glean some more hidden cleverness from you.

and you also sometimes include hidden clues mr integrirty
I get ya and the questions. Thanks for clearing it up and I hope I didnt come across as too harsh. I do sometimes hide things and they may not always appear as they are. This is just a sloppy setup to get ideas from you guys. There is one HUGE mistake that I LOL'd about that nobody has caught yet. You might not be able to see it well enough. Rookie mistake on my part.

Good on ya for being so observant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ROOKIE View Post
E i will buy one just to support you. I have been a customer of yours for quite sometime ,always the best customer service ans support not to mention top of the food chain quality. I dont even need another car but will get one just to support the hobbie and your movement to keep this going. Send an invoice.hahahah
Thanks man! You have been a great customer and I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Not the thread, for that question to be answered...

Dlux runs this sh!t!!!
The thread is wavering for sure but I dont mind. I think things need to be figured out and if this is the thread to do that, so be it. It is actually what the purpose of the thread is... figure out how to get people interested and get the hobby sorted out.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

get more aggressive with advertising? slap slashes out of peoples hands and make them drive our crawlers? dlux does run the comp scene.. and forever will.

there is no fixing stupid. -the consensus

but also, "practice makes perfect"

and I think when people go to a comp of any kind and lose to the big dogs or the best locals they get butthurt and go home to sell their rig. <---biggest problem ive seen.

Dlux "kit" car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
RockMania26 XR10 "the Thing" and wheels DLUX mania26 Axial XR10 37 02-25-2012 08:30 PM