Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: XTRA Speed Spider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2017, 10:13 AM   #21

Default Re: XTRA Speed Spider

People complaining about shipping costs from Asia to the US when it costs me almost as much to ship an RC from Pennsylvania to California.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I just see the Xtra Speed truck as parts...

Budget cases, gears, tubes..........If you can buy parts.
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #23
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I guess I dont see the point? I think the only things worth keeping would be the gears (maybe) and the gear boxes.

Now that RCbros sells gears for about $50, you could get those and some carbon fiber gear cases for $120, thats $220 total and your further ahead for about the same price.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I guess I dont see the point? I think the only things worth keeping would be the gears (maybe) and the gear boxes.

Now that RCbros sells gears for about $50, you could get those and some carbon fiber gear cases for $120, thats $220 total and your further ahead for about the same price.
Add another $450 .00 and a guy has a set of axles...

But you're right most of the spider kit would end up in a box of junk. For a newbie I believe best deal for a rig is the bull 2 RTR . But they'll replace all electronics down the road.

Last edited by tapped-out; 01-06-2017 at 02:45 PM.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #25
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I am not sure which axles youre looking at for $670 but you can get into a good set of Bergs much cheaper. If you got my basic cases, the "pro" version and substituted RCbros gears for mine, you would only be about $450 into that set of axles total and that would be an awesome (possibly permanent) set of axles that are 100% up gradable to the best parts in the world. Thats only $100 more than Bully2.....

For the Bully2 vs Berg, I think you need to be able to see into the future, which is obviously a problem.

If you keep a car pretty stock and dont do, need or want many upgrades, Bully2 is hard to beat.

A Bully2 begins to be a bad decision the moment when you want more knuckle weight, better knuckle steering arms, shafts that dont break or get better steering angle, axles that dont weigh so much, a rear axle that does not hang completely in the way or bulletproof gears.

Once you start upgrading, youre probably going to be into your Bully2 axles as much or more than a good set of Bergs and on top of that, at this point in time, they would still weigh more, not have great steering angle or shaft strength and have issues with breaking gears.

I dont think many people think this way but they should. Its just good economic sense. I know I have had to learn these lessons over and over. I am at the point in my life where I hope I am getting to the point where I just buy the best in the world no matter what I buy because I always end up there and it costs 10x as much to get there than it would if I just bought the best in the first place.

Poor people cant afford to be cheap....

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 01-06-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

I agree it's better to buy once... Eric the number I came up with was by adding parts off your website to my cart.

F/R Tubes, dlux Rear inner axles, Dlux universals, dlux lockers, Dlux dice knuckles, Ax10 C's etc.
worth every penny..

I definitely didn't buy once.
New guys coming into the hobby that want to buy/build a rig locally, that I talk to my advice is.

1st is to find a ARTR berg because of guys like you dluxfab.com and Will rcbros.com that sell all the great upgrades/berg parts.

2nd is a bully 2, if budget is a restriction. Because they can get on the rocks crawling for around 600.00. But they'll have to replace electronics down the road.. (I didn't know they had a gear issue)

3rd is Dluxfab.com if they want the best of the best and budget isn't a problem. I tell them Dluxfab make top notch quality rc crawling products and worth the money.

Last edited by tapped-out; 01-06-2017 at 11:29 PM.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I went way #2, have spent close with replacements and upgraded have cost me and I'm close to what #3 is..... well said

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Hello, so as someone who only owns a highly modified mad torque for crawling I was thinking of buying this for my start into real 2.2 stuff kinda figuring if I haven't broke any gears or axles in my mad torque I should be fine with something of this quality to start with. I sent an email to the company to find out exactly what it comes with. I want those tires. And the pictures show one with bent and one with unbent links. Would love some feedback if anyone has seen or bought one!
Thanks.
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Are you talking a Bully or a dlux variant ?

Mine is all bully with some dlux add ons

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Talking about the xtra speed crawler. For 170 figured it'd be a good start. Going to buy a dig and a couple cheap motors and a battery and a decent servo clock the axles and go for it. I climb in my yard mostly.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #31
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Why are you moving on from the MT?

Why not simply build up the MT. In my eyes, your MT will be less quality than this car but both will eventually need the same exact upgrades.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

Without selling parts, that thing is useless. Not to mention that it may look 1:1 berg only from outside. Inside can be absolute crap. I really want to see some reviews of this thing.
ssh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #33
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Do as you like for sure. IMO though, I dont think there would be a huge advantage from the MT to this entire car.

Everything is throw away on this XTRA car except the gear boxes and gears. You would almost have to upgrade everything on the XTRA car that you already need to upgrade now, if that makes sense?
Old 03-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #34
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Here is an example of what you could do to your car for under $200 instead of buying that car.

Delrin Tubes $30
Plastic Wraith chubs $7?
Plastic XR knuckles $10?
XR shafts $35
Missing link locker $30
Berg 4th gear $15

Thats $127 for a pretty solid front axle that will blow away the one in the kit youre talking about. Best part is that if you end up breaking the gears in your MT stuff, all this will transfer over to BETTER gear boxes than are in the kit and those gear boxes are just a bit more with gears than this kit.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

I know the MT is a close copy of berg but I was under the impression berg tubes would not fit on the MT gearbox's. And I've already been having trouble with them. Also it looks like most of these pictures are exactly the same as the berg pictures. Kinda want to buy it just to be the guniea pig. Also do the delrin tubes slide better than aluminum?

Also a very silly general question. When you put c hubs on do you have to put a hole in the axle tube to hold it or is it just a set screw so that you can play with caster without drilling more. Thanks a lot.

Still trying to decide if I want to go the berg, bully or xr10 route. Ready to move on from the mad torque that's for sure.

Thanks a lot for the useful info guys

EDIT: decided to go for it and be the guinea pig I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Last edited by Evo93; 03-03-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Show us some reviews pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I lied. I realized I had a little more money to work with than I thought and considering I really wanted a bodiless chassis next and dig and a new tx. So I took Erik's advice. Going to go with the bully 2 because I don't think I'm going to break much. And I'll have plenty of customizing to do without buying anything else for awhile.
Sorry to lead everyone on. Pretty excited for that bully to show up though. Thanks again for the advice!
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

You will be happy !
Don't forget to show us

Hang up and Drive
Old 03-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
I lied. I realized I had a little more money to work with than I thought and considering I really wanted a bodiless chassis next and dig and a new tx. So I took Erik's advice. Going to go with the bully 2 because I don't think I'm going to break much. And I'll have plenty of customizing to do without buying anything else for awhile.
Sorry to lead everyone on. Pretty excited for that bully to show up though. Thanks again for the advice!
You made a good choice man.
Good luck!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:51 AM   #40
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
I know the MT is a close copy of berg but I was under the impression berg tubes would not fit on the MT gearbox's. And I've already been having trouble with them. Also it looks like most of these pictures are exactly the same as the berg pictures. Kinda want to buy it just to be the guniea pig. Also do the delrin tubes slide better than aluminum?

Also a very silly general question. When you put c hubs on do you have to put a hole in the axle tube to hold it or is it just a set screw so that you can play with caster without drilling more. Thanks a lot.
Dlux tubes can fit on the Berg easily. I can send them to you with a bigger hole in the end of the tube to fit over the bearing boss and then all you have to do is drill the holes to mount on the case. Very easy.

You want to drill a hole in the tube for a screw. If you want to play with the caster, either the AX10 hub or the Wraith hub will allow you to do that by using the same holes.

XTRA Speed Spider - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xtra Speed axle Shawns303 Axial SCX10 II 148 12-26-2017 07:22 AM
Anybody see this yet, xtra speed sentinel dubyas1989 General Crawlers 1 07-29-2016 09:41 AM
Xtra Speed Steering Fozzy73 Axial Wraith 13 08-22-2015 06:33 AM
Xtra Speed Wheels? Dodgevanman Tires and Wheels 0 04-28-2015 08:29 PM
xtra speed rc roughneck General Crawlers 6 04-06-2014 09:17 PM