Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: stubs LOANER build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default stubs LOANER build

I kinda got out of crawling for the five years i lived in Florida because there just wasn't much rock to drive on. Now that i have moved back to Reno there is more rock than one could drive on in a lifetime!!! It has rekindled my love for these stupid little cars and i have been having so much fun. This made me decide I need an extra car for people that come with me to drive. So if anyone reading this doesn't have a car and wants to attend a comp i'm going to, its up for grabs!! Its built with Dlux parts so your not going to break it. haha

On to the car...

This car was pretty setup to begin with but i wanted things a little different. It had stock berg cases and Super 300's. After having Dlux Superlites i needed cases where the servo fits between and axle and motor properly. But one of my main issues was the wheel nuts, why anyone still runs wheel nuts is beyond me. They are terrible, annoying and a pain. So i got a hold of Dlux and ordered a set of his standard all Aluminum berg cases (Which look really cool!), 8mm stub axles, delrin knuckles and Loaded Dice. What a difference!!

I also threw on my old bodied Bounty Hunter chassis and got a set of Dlux No Preload spring cups. They are a must if your running Big Bores.

All in all the car is running really well. I am surprised at how well it works with only 4ish oz of knuckle weight.

How i got the car...

And a couple pics of how it sits now...

With stock gears and Dlux Aluminum stafts...

stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: stubs LOANER build

I am excited to test with this car because it has 8* knuckles. It has the same motors, esc's, servo, basically the same chassis and shocks. I just need another set of white dot Rovers. But I think that is going to be a pain finding two sets?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Its hard spending time around this car with those aluminum gear boxes. It makes me want a set for my car.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
I am excited to test with this car because it has 8* knuckles. It has the same motors, esc's, servo, basically the same chassis and shocks. I just need another set of white dot Rovers. But I think that is going to be a pain finding two sets?
I'll look into my spare parts drawers and see if i have a set.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ya! Let me know!!

stubs LOANER build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Loaner rig Wallosflooring Newbie General 10 02-14-2017 08:57 PM
Loaner truck build Chris_The_Battery_Man 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 11-26-2015 11:17 PM
Loaner Sporty rig? BigTex Colorado 2 11-03-2011 06:26 PM
Loaner Komodo DrDaNkEnStInE 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 03-07-2011 03:24 AM
New to RC crawling, getting a loaner BroncoAZ Newbie General 9 01-17-2010 11:33 PM