Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Sudu mod 3d Dlux build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #1

Default Sudu mod 3d Dlux build

Hey everyone I'm Kyle. I started comp crawling the past December getting my first rig, a bully 2. I built it as much as I can, shocks, wheels electronics. Went to my first comp in Saint Peters pa a couple months ago and absolutely loved it. Met some awesome guys who helped out so much. I decided I wanted to compete competitively so sold a few rcs got some cash and went straight to Erik over at dlux! A ton of money later I got my package today to build my Sudu mod and suduzero. My parts list is

Dlux super light champion berg axles
Dlux ti links and ti sliders
Dlux D cut or circle cut wheels
Shaved hb rovers or losi boss claws
Dravtech Sudu mod 3d chassis
Traxxas big bores
Dravtech soft Springs
Dual tekin fxr
Cc bec
Hitec 7950
Holmes hobbies 11t team puller 500

Going to start this build with the axles. Definitely going to try and get to this thread at least once a day to keep updates. Thanks for checking it out!
Division4thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #2

Default Re: Sudu mod 3d Dlux build

parts
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Congratulations on your new crawler. Did you watch Eriks YouTube videos on his kit build? Lots of good info there on assembling his axles. And he only sleeps standing up for 2 hours at night, if you need help just send him a message. But seriously he has the best customer service, he was very patient with me when I had questions. Dlux is the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Nice! Excited to watch your build
Rockatanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #5

Hey man Yeah I got home from work at like 7 yesterday and right away jumped into building the axles. I was watching his video step by step. I ran into a snag trying to put the missing link locker into the axle tube. In his video he says that happens and have to take a dremel to it if it's a little tight. Mine wouldn't even go in even I forced it. So I tried th dremel a little and still nothing. I look at the end of the missing link the metal sleeve looks like it was smashed on and the end was pancaked making it wider so I tried grinding that down a little but just stopped because I was frustrated I hit a problem so soon in the build. I contacted Eric to see what he says. Spent a ton didn't really want to be doing a lot of custom work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopernator View Post
Congratulations on your new crawler. Did you watch Eriks YouTube videos on his kit build? Lots of good info there on assembling his axles. And he only sleeps standing up for 2 hours at night, if you need help just send him a message. But seriously he has the best customer service, he was very patient with me when I had questions. Dlux is the best!

Old 05-19-2017, 05:12 AM   #6

So if you look at the end of the link you can see its wider at the end. And that's after sanding it down a little. So only made a it a few steps lol
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2017, 06:03 AM   #7
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Glad youre doing a build thread!

Sorry, I know it can be frustrating when parts simply dont do as they are supposed to. Its hard to explain why they dont but the problem is that I have so many different parts that fit so many different things that even when you have a pile of parts that were made to work with each other, sometimes you have to do some work. If you get too frustrated, remember that I offer a service to assemble them. I usually suggest this if its not "fun" to figure things out or work on them. Hopefully for you, you can figure out how to get the locker in the tube and its all down hill from there.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Sudu mod 3d Dlux build

I had the exact same issue. Don't worry, Erik will take care of you. I sent one missing link locker back, but I think that might be normal. I remember Erik explaining to me that he has to press a fitting into the locker. It will be a very tight fit to start out. Expect some break in time.
I couldn't find the photo of my locker, but I put it in the chuck of a drill to sand it down for a snug fit.

Last edited by Boopernator; 05-19-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post

Sorry, I know it can be frustrating when parts simply dont do as they are supposed to. Its hard to explain why they dont but the problem is that I have so many different parts that fit so many different things that even when you have a pile of parts that were made to work with each other, sometimes you have to do some work. If you get too frustrated, remember that I offer a service to assemble them. I usually suggest this if its not "fun" to figure things out or work on them. Hopefully for you, you can figure out how to get the locker in the tube and its all down hill from there.
Crawllife REALLY appreciates, your assembly services!!!!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:17 AM   #10
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopernator View Post
I had the exact same issue. Don't worry, Erik will take care of you. I sent one missing link locker back, but I think that might be normal. I remember Erik explaining to me that he has to press a fitting into the locker. It will be a very tight fit to start out. Expect some break in time.
99% sure its just because the tube is not as big as it needs to be there. I dont drill all the tubes because some can use shafts that dont use the missing link so it stays a smaller diameter unless I drill it for you, which I didnt on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Crawllife REALLY appreciates, your assembly services!!!!
Some people just want to drive and not wrench on these cars. I think everybody looks at the hobby differently. I feel like I can be a different example because I like working on them as much as driving them.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #11

It's all good. Just had a crazy long day in the heat on a roof and was just drained lol

Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #12

Yeah I'll go get a bit and do I real quick.

Quote:
99% sure its just because the tube is not as big as it needs to be there. I dont drill all the tubes because some can use shafts that dont use the missing link so it stays a smaller diameter unless I drill it for you, which I didnt on these.

I love building all my rigs and working on them. That's half the fun right there

Some people just want to drive and not wrench on these cars. I think everybody looks at the hobby differently. I feel like I can be a different example because I like working on them as much as driving them.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:45 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Should the steel part be pushed up against the locker flange?
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #14

Alright well I went out got the right bit. Drilled the tube out, sanded the locker down nice and smooth and fit perfectly!
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #15

So update on the axles I haven't been able to finish them. I got up to the part of putting the other tube on but don't have the bearing that goes inside the tube. So I have to wait to get two bearings to finish the axles. I put together the links and shocks tho. Running Dlux links with his ti sliders. I put a little epoxy on the ends and slid the sliders on. Should hold pretty well. Using revo ends. Shocks I'm running Traxxas 2660 big bores with the cap mod, I switched from losi pink Springs to Dravtech soft Springs. Also put a wheel together to check out how the round hole carbon faces looked.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #16

Also got these awesome carbon fiber motor guards from Barry Sobol over at Barry's r/c carbon
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #17

So I have the bearings on their way. Hopefully here soon.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #18

Me too! I've been walking past the boxes of parts everyday trying not to look at them lol. Erik has my parts on their way. My local hobby shop didn't have bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8turbo View Post
looking forward to seeing a
build!
Old 05-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #19

Well while I was waiting on parts I took my tekin fxrs apart with my receiver and bec. I read a post posted by Chris the battery man about shrinking and smashing two fxr together. So I gave it a shot. I first took the cases off then took all the posts off one. Next took the motor posts off the other. I soldered both together by the two motor posts then began to solder my wires back into the holes the posts came out of. I talked to my buddy about the cap and if I should run both the original caps or one single big one. He said I wouldn't have a problem with one that came with the esc. Only thing I have to do is shorten the wires that plug into the receiver because I'm going to shrink wrap everything together using clear battery shrink wrap and should be good to go. Sorry I didn't take more pics of the progress was just in the moment working away Haha
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2017, 10:38 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

If you haven't already red locktite on the 4 locker screws so the gear doesn't come loose down the road.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote

Sudu mod 3d Dlux build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everett's SuDu Mod 3D EverettY RC4WD Bully 71 06-01-2021 10:34 PM
Sudu Mod 3d motoj550 Axial XR10 15 05-02-2017 11:46 AM
Bluerocks SuDu Pro Mod. build Bluerock108 Axial XR10 46 02-08-2017 12:57 AM
Dlux/sudu build FLOKI-81 EnRoute Berg 162 06-17-2016 12:28 PM