Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: A few questions about superlites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default A few questions about superlites

Are the superlites worth the money? Anyone disappointed in them? Do loaded dice make a big difference? Will Dlux brass knuckles provide enough weight? Anyone ever break an axle? Does the narrow width cause them to be unstable? What width hubs do all of you run? How hard is it to tune your rig to work well with these axles? I'm really debating between superlites and the B2 front with KR4 rear. Thanks all.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 10:35 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: A few questions about superlites

Building a set of Dlux super lite berg axles right now.
Besides the builder (myself) the build is going very well.
Watch video when/if you build a set super lite axles it will help you a lot.
I'm almost done with the axles.. and I have confidence that I am going to like the axles. Until I get a couple comps under the axles can't really tell you which way to go.

I like my berg with the modified stock axles and hope it gets even better with my new axles. I'd pick berg over bully axles.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
Are the superlites worth the money? Yes. Anyone disappointed in them? Do loaded dice make a big difference? Loaded dice got their name because that's how they make your car handle, like a loaded die. They are awesome. . Will Dlux brass knuckles provide enough weight? Anyone ever break an axle? Not that I know of, but there are people that can break anything. Haha. Does the narrow width cause them to be unstable? . They are the same width as a stock berg. What width hubs do all of you run? How hard is it to tune your rig to work well with these axles? If your worried about setup, get the Bountyhunter chassis with the axles. It's a fool proof setup that's won some big comps. I'm really debating between superlites and the B2 front with KR4 rear. Thanks all.
Superlites axles are strong, lite and the performance it top notch. There isn't a better axle out right now. If you can afford superlites with SAF gears, there isn't really another option. It's like debating between Shannon Cambels KOH buggy and your neighbors '85 Toyota with a SAS. Ya, they are both for crawling but...?

As for the Loaded Dice, I think the best testimony for them was my girlfriend. She had never seen a crawler before and I took her to a comp. After we left she asked me why when the cars flipped over that mine always landed on the wheels and everyone else's always landed on the roof. But when your in a comp and you really need it to land on its wheels, thats the time it will still land on the freaking roof! Ugh

Last edited by stubs179; 06-27-2017 at 11:28 PM.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:53 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I used to run superlites,
However I went back normal bergs and I couldn't be happier with swapping back.
My set had heaps of small frustrating issues that I couldn't stand anymore.

I kept destroying bearings. Longest i had bearings last was like 3 months and shortest was 2 battery's. this was only ever on the rear axle. I tried a few different brands. Tried different centers Delrin and 3D printed, I even machined up my own spacers to reduce any flex in the casing. I had no reliability so wasn't going to waste the money on buying the alloy centers.

Sanded the cf plates to remove any high points, which there was a few small ones around the bearing pockets.
The rear long tube didn't just bolt on and line up, I had to drill it out so it didn't rub on rear axle.
My biggest issue I had was the front long tube was really flexy near the flange. In a bind you could see tube move.

I wasn't a fan of the overall width of the axles, for the width I like to run,
You end up running way to much scrub, so the rear end of the car moves around a heap while hanging from either front wheel. Also didn't like how much the wheel was behind the axle center line when at full lock.

The only thing i did like was the 8mm stubs meant no more loose wheel nuts. I like the long front gearbox and short rear. This allowed more room to run a bigger servo and gave better motor clearance in the rear.

I know a bunch won't agree with me on the above points.
However I'm just expressing my disappointing experiences with these axles.
filotr14lsdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:13 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

what is B2 and KR4 axles ?

I just ordered non superlite dlux axles, I hope I'll be happy with it
CyberFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by filotr14lsdude View Post
I used to run superlites,
However I went back normal bergs and I couldn't be happier with swapping back.
My set had heaps of small frustrating issues that I couldn't stand anymore.

I kept destroying bearings.

I wasn't a fan of the overall width of the axles, for the width I like to run,
I'm just expressing my disappointing experiences with these axles.
That's crazy to hear. I have probably the second set ever made with the original bearings and have never had a problem. And I drive my car a lot more than the average person.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Will Holmes 540 can motors be too heavy on these axles?
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
That's crazy to hear. I have probably the second set ever made with the original bearings and have never had a problem. And I drive my car a lot more than the average person.
I'm right there with ya! I haven't had any issues with my axles and I rock the shit out of them!
Even if/when I have heard of issues.. a simple PM to the man, gets almost all things taken care of!
Quote:
Absolutely Not!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I'm running 16t 540 HH crawlmaster motors
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I'm right there with ya! I haven't had any issues with my axles and I rock the shit out of them!
Even if/when I have heard of issues.. a simple PM to the man, gets almost all things taken care of!
After numerous PMs in talking about possible issues/cause he basically gave up and said at the end of the day, it's the builders fault for incorrect assembly.

Well interesting enough this is true. You have to assemble things correctly for things to work correctly. However what do you do when original manufacture has terrible tolerancing on holes and bearing pocket locations and they don't line up side to side no matter what you do..

Is this the builders fault for incorrect assembly or manufacturer fault. Worst part is when they can't own up to there mistakes.
filotr14lsdude is online now   Reply With Quote

A few questions about superlites - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nerby149 dlux superlites nerby149 EnRoute Berg 60 06-26-2016 06:19 PM
lipo questions with charger questions can you all help champ198 Electronics 16 05-02-2013 01:24 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM