Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Wiring Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wiring Question

If this is the wrong place for this post, my apologies. Mods, please move as necessary.

Alright, I made an attempt to wire up my Berg based Hulksta Riddler today. I'm using a HH BR mini dual pre wired with a BEC, 4 channel Futaba Rx (B+4), 4PLS, HH Bypass Y Cable, Hitec 7950, and 2 Tekin 35Ts connected to the ESCs with bullets. I'll preface this by saying I have no idea what I'm doing. This is my first attempt at wiring to this degree on a crawler. I got the Rx bound to the Tx and got as far as having steering. I honestly have no idea which channel to use for the 2 ESCs. I think my 4PLS uses channels 2 and 4 for throttle, but I think part of the problem is my Y cable doesn't seem to be carrying power to my Rx, like I thought it was supposed to. I can't use channels 2 and 4 on the Rx because of this. I have to plug one of the ESCs into the B channel to get the Rx to bind. Otherwise, the light on the Rx just stays red.

Also, the BR mini dual has one set of lights that were blinking at different points. Are there supposed to be 2 different sets of lights - one for each ESC?
A couple of times, I got the ESC lights to react to throttle, and the wires to the front motor would twitch when I hit throttle, but then the ESCs started to smoke and was VERY hot. Not good. I immediately pulled the battery (which was hot as well) and pulled all wires from the Rx. Tried it again the way I was trying it when it wasn't smoking (which wasn't reacting to throttle), and the ESC(s?) seem to still be ok. I have ZERO idea what's going on here. Neither motor has turned, but I have steering consistently. I was also under the impression that the red wires from ESCs to Rx were ok in this situation since I'm using the Y cable. That might be completely wrong too.

Completely willing to admit my ignorance here. I sure would appreciate any input you guys might have. I may be going about this all wrong?? Again, if this is the wrong place for this post, my apologies. Thanks for any and all ideas!
864runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wiring Question

I'd power my rx with my esc's.
Ditch the HH bypass, and wire the servo to BEC. Run yellow signal wire to rx.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Btw my ESC are in ch2 and ch4 I'm running a 4pl futaba.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:55 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Can you post pics of your wiring?
What's your Bec wired too?

Did you perform calibration?
I have had some that wouldn't do anything but give lights, before I calibrated the ESC's to the motors..

I don't remember the Y sending power to the RX. Just signal and ground (which I feel highly, that both should be used). It does it's job by separating the Bec and servo, from the ESC's and motors.
Only 1 ESC needs a power wire to the RX, to power everything.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Very much appreciate the replies! I'll be out of town all week this week until next Monday, so I won't be able to work on this stuff again until next week. I'll definitely re-visit next week. Stay tuned, and again, I really appreciate it!
864runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Wiring Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BL wiring question idahorock Newbie General 1 12-20-2013 03:15 PM
Wiring question jayross101 Electronics 7 10-28-2012 09:43 PM
1:1 wiring question '83 chevy Chit Chat 4 12-05-2006 09:08 PM
Wiring Question!! wanabgts General Crawlers 1 09-05-2005 09:48 PM
wiring question K5koehrsen General Crawlers 1 08-28-2005 03:15 PM