Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: ssd pro scx10 c-hubs with berg knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: ssd pro scx10 c-hubs with berg knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
What about knuckles then?

So they are needed as a set.
Yeah a matching set.
0degree chub that suits xr/wraith spline
0 degree knuckles to suit xr/wraith universals

As it stand, the dlux knuckles are the only ones that allow this combination without modifications.
I’m lead to believe that the rc4wd Bully axles will also fit with a little bit of modification.

The main issue with the dlux knuckles it’s there big and bulky, not really an issue on a 2.2 comp rig. The issue comes from the scale side of things. While I know this conversation is happening in berg section, it’s relevant to the whole conversation.
The dlux knuckles don’t look scale and struggle to fit inside some of the 1.9 wheels on the market unless you space them out. This then introduces a whole different level of scrub.
I know most are running the xr width or narrow xr width. Personally I use full width xr in my scale trucks with minimal hub offset, this allows me the similar width with zero scrub.(this doesn’t work with dlux knuckles due to the shape of the wheels)

If there was a normal style knuckle on the market it would make this a much easier set up to have.
Personally I don’t really like the 8 degree, never really have. I’ve just had to settle for it because there is nothing in the market that fits the needs.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #22
SSD
RCC Addict

Ok so although 8 degree KPI is not needed for crawling is a disadvantage? Will 0 degree knuckles perform better?
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #23
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
That's interesting. Why has the RC crawling world gone 8* KPI then, because the Wraith came out with it? (This is a serious question)

I can understand scale trucks having 8* KPI as they are copying 1:1 none crawler axles. But going by what is used in 1:1 crawling (as stated above), zero degree should be an optional upgrade for RC crawlers built from scale trucks.
Yeah, pretty much. The XR10 came out and people just took that as meaning that 8* was better. No questions asked.

The problem with that was that there are still some of us running 0* and we can compare.

Its funny to me because I have been a long time 0* guy. I think people thought I was crazy. The time it started switching back to 0* is when the Bully2 came out. It comes standard with 0* so they started driving 0* and liked it better. So, really, it boils down to people being too lazy to swap parts and try new things. If you have a car like an XR10, people will swear by 8*.

Its kinda like people ditching Bergs using super 300's that get 50* of steering for a stock XR10 that also gets 50* of steering but they swear the steering is so much better.

Quote:
If DLux who make the knuckles they fit is not confident in selling them then I have no reason to believe SSD could sell enough of them. They are too niche. I'm not going to make a batch to sell only 20 sets and be stuck with the rest of them and make a loss.
Yeah, good luck if you do make them. My guess is that you will sell as many as 5 sets of chubs right away and then 30 sets total over 5 yrs? LOL. Knuckles will be even worse. If anybody truly wants this setup, it can be had now so that just tells me they dont want it that badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filotr14lsdude View Post
Y
The issue comes from the scale side of things. While I know this conversation is happening in berg section, it’s relevant to the whole conversation.
The dlux knuckles don’t look scale and struggle to fit inside some of the 1.9 wheels on the market unless you space them out. This then introduces a whole different level of scrub.
It would be useful for 1.9 type cars. Good luck explaining to those guy why they would want a non scale looking part and something that is not "proper". LOL. Those guys will never listen and never get it. Seriously, have you seen all the brass they put on their cars all over the place? They cant grasp the concept of putting brass on the knuckles and you want them to understand the difference from 8* and non?

Quote:
Ok so although 8 degree KPI is not needed for crawling is a disadvantage? Will 0 degree knuckles perform better?
To put it simply, for pure crawling, 0* will perform better. BUT, something that likes to go fast or needs to turn very precisely more than climbing an obstacle will benefit from 8*.

Think of a Wraith. If this Wraith does nothing but crawl at very low speeds, I would put 0* on. If this Wraith has a brushless system and goes pretty fast most of the time, I would run 8*. If you go fast with 0*, the outside tire gets so much traction that it will roll you with speed. If youre going slow, you want that outside tire to have as much traction as possible.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #24
SSD
RCC Addict

Yes when I designed Bully2 0* was requested. Then 8* options were also requested by team drivers!

Ok so I definately wont be making any 0* option parts.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Annnnnd full circle back to making one off custom parts. LOL
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Ok so I definately wont be making any 0* option parts.

Most of us don't want anything you'd have to make special, just that a part you already make be made available by itself without having to buy a complete axle housing that none of us want.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:03 AM   #27
SSD
RCC Addict

I'm not going to make any more but it turns out I have a few spare sets that were not packed with front axles.

So I will make them available some way....
Old 03-08-2018, 04:56 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Myself and Erik D_lux will take a pair each and I'd bet @BC-Brian will take a pair too.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:25 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

I’d buy a pair if there is any left.
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #30
RCC Addict

I am definitely interested in a couple pairs. Sent you an email.

Thanks very much for reaching out to us.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote

ssd pro scx10 c-hubs with berg knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SSD SCX10 II Knuckles/C Hubs SSD Axial SCX10 II 142 06-05-2017 02:16 AM
New SSD Pro Knuckles & C Hubs for Ascender SSD Vaterra Ascender 30 02-24-2017 02:53 AM
New SSD CVDs, Pro Knuckles & C hubs for Wraith SSD Axial Wraith 3 04-14-2016 08:45 PM
New SSD CVDs, Pro Knuckles & C Hubs for RR10 SSD Axial RR10 Bomber 6 03-28-2016 02:34 PM
SSD pro knuckles for SCX10 axles joe.bielski Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 10-20-2015 07:50 PM