Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship

Notices

Thread: Official 2012 BATTLE GROUNDS CHAMPIONSHIP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #61
MODERATOR™

Default Re: Official 2012 BATTLE GROUNDS CHAMPIONSHIP

I SAID I'll be there!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #62
RCC Addict

First page updated

Get those 2.2s trucks built Fellows
This year the 2.2s class will have 5 courses as well as a final! So both 2.2pro and 2.2s will run the same program. 2.2pro on saturday, 2.2s on sunday.

Due to the growing interest of 2.2s and the benefit of running more courses for your money we decided to make this as fun as possible.

We are making available 40
(subject to change) 2.2 drivers packages. Which will include both 2.2 classes as well as an event t shirt! This means a potential 12 courses for 65 bucks!! at a pro event

And to make it more affordable for everyone we are offering also a single 2.2s or 2.2pro ticket for 40$ its just for one 2.2 class and no shirt.

shirt is optional this year, be sure to order one if you like when tickets go on sale.

Going to be a great time at BATTLE GROUNDS CHAMPIONSHIP this year!!!

Last edited by holycaveman; 05-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Give a big thank you for one of our double platinum sponsors this year

Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #64
RCC Addict

And our one of our Platinum sponsors

Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

How much is one class and T-shirt. I haven't missed Battleground yet and would like a T-shirt to add to collection
marlboroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Excellent news!

Glad to see you making this affordable to run two classes!
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman View Post
How much is one class and T-shirt. I haven't missed Battleground yet and would like a T-shirt to add to collection
X2. I don't feel like building another truck to get a T-shirt.
crawlerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #68
RCC Addict

How about 1.9 you running them this yr
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridinjuggalo View Post
How about 1.9 you running them this yr
Read second post.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

I like how you've got things set up...its a "new" approach to it and I believe it will help to break up the action ad allow more people to check out more classes. When we run 2.2 pro on one day and the others on their own days it keeps a large portion of drivers from hanging around to check out the rest of the action in the 1.9, super and 2.2s classes. This is going to be a lot of fun and we're more than happy to help make it happen

Any updates on the hotel situation?
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
Read second post.
Yea my bad. i worded that wrong was more to a how much tickets would be for 1.9
Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

i am not building another rig just to get a t-shirt, why does it cost so much then to run 1 class if we dont get a t-shirt
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman View Post
$40 for single class. I believe shirts will be $15 additional. There will be an option when you purchase your ticket for the shirt.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
First page updated

Get those 2.2s trucks built Fellows
This year the 2.2s class will have 5 courses as well as a final! So both 2.2pro and 2.2s will run the same program. 2.2pro on saturday, 2.2s on sunday.

Due to the growing interest of 2.2s and the benefit of running more courses for your money we decided to make this as fun as possible.

We are making available 40
(subject to change) 2.2 drivers packages. Which will include both 2.2 classes as well as an event t shirt! This means a potential 12 courses for 65 bucks!! at a pro event

And to make it more affordable for everyone we are offering also a single 2.2s or 2.2pro ticket for 40$ its just for one 2.2 class and no shirt.

Going to be a great time at BATTLE GROUNDS CHAMPIONSHIP this year!!!

if i remember right last year someone said this:

[QUOTE=holycaveman;3078515]First off it takes no more than 15 bucks a person to hold a large comp, and that is if you got robbed on the t-shirt ...

so i dont know why if we dont run 2 classes we dont get a shirt and if we opt out of that option we still pay $55 .... i think someone is wrong in their math ....
Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

My first big comp was The Indoor at Rox Box (No Shirt) We got refunded $6.00 Now $15.00 for a shirt cause I don't have two trucks
TJ Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #76
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=mustangboy_347;3721348]if i remember right last year someone said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
First off it takes no more than 15 bucks a person to hold a large comp, and that is if you got robbed on the t-shirt ...

so i dont know why if we dont run 2 classes we dont get a shirt and if we opt out of that option we still pay $55 .... i think someone is wrong in their math ....
We are doing our absolute best to make this affordable and exciting for everyone. Last year it was 65 dollars including a T shirt. This year we are dropping the price 10 dollars with a shirt and 25 dollars less without a shirt. Also you have the choice of running 2.2s without buying a pro ticket.

Very reasonable for everyone involved. This is for a level three event which includes 3 invites to the nationals. This is not without cost either.

Regardless what I may have said last year or before in ignorance, this is a new year and we are giving everything back to the drivers and sponsors that we possibly can. Fortunately the C.O.C. club members are VOLUNTEERING their time and resources for this. A big thanks to all the club members doing this

However we will be needing judges, so to anyone that can help out we would appreciate it greatly! And of course with any judges outside of C.O.C. there will be compensation for your time.

Thanks again everyone who is planning on making this a great event!

Last edited by holycaveman; 05-07-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Steve View Post
My first big comp was The Indoor at Rox Box (No Shirt) We got refunded $6.00 Now $15.00 for a shirt cause I don't have two trucks
If anyone knows someone who will do nice shirts for 6 dollars...PLEASE let us know That would really help out!

right now we are looking at 12 dollars for a large and up to 16 dollars depending on the size for printed two sides.

And keep in mind you only need one truck to have the option to buy a t-shirt. You do NOT have to have two trucks to get a shirt.

We are doing it this way so everyone has the option to NOT buy a shirt and get in for less.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Prices look great to me anyone that went to ecc 2.2pro was 68 buck with a shirt for one truck 23 bucks for each class after that cost me 105 for 3 trucks 65 bucks 2 trucks and shirt sounds great.

I'm interested in running 1.9 any idea on the price for that class ill also run 2.2 pro
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=holycaveman;3721567]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
if i remember right last year someone said this:

We are doing our absolute best to make this affordable and exciting for everyone. Last year it was 65 dollars including a T shirt. This year we are dropping the price 10 dollars with a shirt and 25 dollars less without a shirt. Also you have the choice of running 2.2s without buying a pro ticket.

Very reasonable for everyone involved. This is for a level three event which includes 3 invites to the nationals. This is not without cost either.

Regardless what I may have said last year or before in ignorance, this is a new year and we are giving everything back to the drivers and sponsors that we possibly can. Fortunately the C.O.C. club members are VOLUNTEERING their time and resources for this. A big thanks to all the club members doing this

However we will be needing judges, so to anyone that can help out we would appreciate it greatly! And of course with any judges outside of C.O.C. there will be compensation for your time.

Thanks again everyone who is planning on making this a great event!

I really hate to do this to you Tom but now that the the shoe is on the other foot putting on a event is not so easy is it and not so cheap to give everyone what you say a "PRO EVENT".... I know this is what you said last year but it should have never been said if you just cant do what you talked about .... here is another quote from you about the judges

In most sports clubs put on events and they usually have enough members to hold an event. In no shape or form are contestants also the score keepers and judges. I am talking pro events, not local comps.
We have about 15 to 20 members in our club and only 6 are going. No one ever asked us to help and we are only 45 minutes away.

This is supposed to be a championship event so honestly no contestants should be asked to help judge etc... These guys are paying top dollar for this event. And should only expect to have to drive and compete. Pro drivers are paid and in no way should they have to work. Otherwise do not call it a pro event. I have been promoting events for years and pro is paid, and the only thing they have to worry about is competing.

I realize you have a delima, But i know what the drivers deserve and expect.

sorry to do this but i really feel you need to show us how you can run a low budget qualifier and still have all the goodies
Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

I missed last year,and don't plan on missing this year. I am very glad this is going to happen,and am looking FORWARD to having a good time this year!
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote

Official 2012 BATTLE GROUNDS CHAMPIONSHIP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USRCCA Championship series! jason Competitions 0 10-06-2010 03:23 PM
The Official MNRCRC Battlegrounds Comp thread tjb Minnesota 33 08-06-2008 03:50 PM