Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship

Notices

Thread: OFFICIAL 2014 Thank You Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default OFFICIAL 2014 Thank You Thread

I just got home a while ago from one of the best put together comps I have ever been to. I'm going to post this in the general section too because more people need to hear about this.

Diablo Pres and crew did an amazing job with Battlegrounds. Here are some of the little things that impressed me so much...
  • They rented porta-potties and a hand wash sink with running water
  • They had a huge tent that kept everyone dry
  • The tent was nailed down so it wouldn't blow away
  • They had a food vendor on the site so you didn't have to leave
  • The shirts had everyone's name on them
  • They had course builders kits ready to go
  • They provided 2 huge coolers full of bottled water for everyone out on the battlefield
  • They gave us all a souvenir score card with raffle ticket attached
  • The raffle ticket number even matched your driver number (That is detail)
  • They gave everyone an LED flashlight
  • And the day progressed on schedule regardless of the weather situation.
  • They also had some KILLER trophies.
Thank you Diablo Pres and crew. The judges were a really nice bunch of guys, and I didn't have a single bad experience all day. (Except for the hail) but that was kind of neat too.

I also wanted to thank EVIL CRAWLER DESIGN and the other sponsors for the raffle prizes. I Won a really slick chassis and a $25 coupon from ECD.

I think everybody left happy. I'll be back again guys. Thanks!!!

Post up your impressions of the comp guys. Let everyone know what you won and from who. Lets give these sponsors the recognition they deserve!!
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: OFFICIAL 2014 Thank You Thread

Couldn't have been said better harvo. These guys put on one of the best comps ever. It's alot of work to put together such an event and these guys nailed it again. Great job to the winners! See ya'll soon.
pull'n'pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

This was my first experience with battlegrounds and have to say it won't be my last!! I think Harvo covered everything very well. The ticket matching driver number worked out really well during the raffle. Didn't take long to look at the screen and see whose number it was and move on!!

Huge Thanks to ECD for the awesome wheels!!!
Thanks to all the sponsors that stepped up to make this a great event!
Thanks to all the organizers and staff that had anything to do with putting this event on, made for one of the best comps I've been to yet!!
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The COC crew put on a great event, it was my first time at Battle Grounds and won't be my last. The sponsors stepped up and gave away some cool things to the drivers. I was lucky enought to win the event bag donated by Big D's. It was awesome to put faces with names and enjoy a fun, relaxed, and well organized event. Thanks so much for a wonderful weekend.

John
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #5
RCC Addict

A huge huge thanks to all the COC guys for organizing such a great event. A big thanks goes out to Evil Crawler Design for stepping up as title sponsor. Another big thanks to the COC guys for asking me to be a sponsor at this event. I am truly honored to have had the opportunity to be a part of it. This was my first visit to Battlegrounds and I'm sure to be back next year. Meeting new people and making new friends is by far the best thing I'm bringing home with me.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hate that I missed this event this time around...ya'll are exactly right though...COC quite possibly puts on the best event of the year. There's more thought and effort put into planning it than you'll know until you've attended one.

Not to mention they continue to get better at it...the score cards and names on shirts were a nice touch (just wish I had my own)!
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #7
MODERATOR™

Nice job COCs.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Here's my short list,

The City of Fairborn, Ohio for allowing us to continue the tradition of Battlegrounds Chamionship at Oakes Quarry Park.

The competitors that arrived from all over with great enthusiasm for our sport, and the willingness to help do the work involved with making the event run smooth.

The members of Central Ohio Crawlers.

Diablo Pres for running the event and the countless hours you put in behind the scene to make it all happen.

The Vendors that provided the raffle prizes:
Evil Crawler Designs
Diablo Bashers
Notch Eight Designz
Big D's RC's

Krawler Konceptz for the driver numbers.

I'm thankful I could be a part of it.

minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #9
Fifth dimension

We had a blast. The COC is a great group of guys! It was also great to have so many of the Pa drivers there. A huge thanks to all the judges and sponsors. I'd like to thank Carey for the sick new wheels and for doing so much for the event. I also want to thank everyone who spotted for me and took the time to give pointers. No one has to help anyone at a comp. however our community seems to be unique in that way. I learned a lot and while it was great to sleep in, I'm bummed that the weekend is over!
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Default Wow!!

To start off, I would like to send out the largest THANK YOU possible to all of our wonderful sponsors who made our event possible. Without your support, these competitions could not be what they are. A special THANK YOU goes out to Carey, Eviltwin. You are good people man!! lol. You have the most generous soul and produce amazing products.

As far as everyone's comments so far, THANK YOU. It is a LOT of work to organize one of these events, and I do not do it alone. We collectively as a club put countless hours into planning, collecting, and organizing the particulars to try and deliver the best event possible. I just get to be the loudmouth that talks on the mic.

Thank you to all of my fellow Central Ohio Crawlers club members for spending 3 long days out on the rocks judging and keeping things in order. A special thank you goes out to Brian, AddictedtoRC1 for not only generously sponsoring our event, but stepping up both Saturday and Sunday to judge and take photos for us. Brian is a great guy and be sure to support his products at Notch Eight Designz.

Last but certainly not least......The biggest THANK YOU goes out to all of the drivers who make the trek to Fairborn, OH to battle it out on the Battle Grounds. Without you guys and gals, we would just be standing around looking at a bunch of rocks. It was great to see familiar faces again, and as always, awesome to meet a lot of new ones. I hope everyone had a good time, and hope to see everyone soon.

Thank you,

-E
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Great event! Top notch for sure. I'm already looking forward to next year.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Great comp, great people, see ya next year.

Thanks to Notch 8 for the drag link I won in the raffle.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote

OFFICIAL 2014 Thank You Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 MNRCRC Schedule (Official) Nicklepimp Minnesota 30 10-21-2014 10:40 PM
Official 2014 Battle Grounds Championship Photo Thread DiabloPres EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship 36 05-20-2014 08:57 PM
Official 2014 Battle Grounds Championships Live Score Thread DiabloPres EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship 20 05-19-2014 02:02 PM
Official 2014 Battle Grounds Championships DiabloPres EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship 275 05-19-2014 12:18 AM
OFFICIAL TEASER 2014 RC4WD Southwest Scale Championships PinchFlat Scale Videos! 2 09-28-2013 09:02 PM