RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EVIL CRAWLER DESIGNS Presents Battle Grounds Championship (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/evil-crawler-designs-presents-battle-grounds-championship/)
-   -   Battle Ground 2015 plans? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/evil-crawler-designs-presents-battle-grounds-championship/529625-battle-ground-2015-plans.html)

winnerone23 03-14-2015 10:09 PM

Battle Ground 2015 plans?

Had a great time last year, just seeing what's in the works this year?

slowride1 03-15-2015 09:41 PM

Re: Battle Ground 2015 plans?

after a year or so off im plan to be back

motoj550 03-20-2015 06:14 PM

Heck yeah man, i'm ready for some Battlin'"thumbsup"

DiabloPres 03-20-2015 08:05 PM

Bad News everyone....

Due to changes in qualifiers, loss of staff participation, and other event schedule changes, Battle Grounds will not be happening this year. Central Ohio Crawlers is considering having a large FREE.....yes FREE gtg comp at the Battle Grounds location possibly in October. The last few years have been a challenge at best with three qualifiers in three months. COC has decided to step back this year from holding a comp in May or June to avoid attendance conflict with ECC and NENC. Keep October open on your calendars and we will have a fun FREE comp then.

Eric

lowridinjuggalo 04-05-2015 08:10 PM

Sad the best comp by far is not going to be in play this year

Beest 04-16-2015 01:53 PM

Fair enough. It is tough for folks to financially make all the bigger comps when they are so close together. It'll also be good to have another comp to look forward to later in the year.

Crawllife 06-01-2015 12:43 PM

I saw something about battlegrounds on FB. If it was battlegrounds, congrats to the winner. I would have loved to attend. If there is a comp later in the year, is love to attend that as well. I think organizers believe that without giveaways, drivers won't show. That's not the case for real crawlers. I just returned from a comp with no sponsors and it was by far my favorite event. If 10% of the forum needs gifts and rub n tugs to attend events, the 90% can survive and keep this hobby going without them. I'm bummed that not only did I miss my friends but that it wasn't advertised. You can say it wasn't held but it was. Under the battlegrounds name. I for one hope to drive with the Ohio guys this year. Even if I don't get a free wrench holder....

winnerone23 06-01-2015 05:25 PM

Ohhhh ree-hee-heally!

Boooooooooooo...... :(

Skerd the farther East coast might show up, better hide it from them... Lol...

Hope all went well for those that attended..

Boston Crawler's likes inviting Crawler's to come crawl.. There club finals is on the 20th of this month and all welcome to come play! ;)

Beest 06-01-2015 05:31 PM

Eric, are these rumors true?

Crawllife 06-01-2015 06:09 PM

They are. I'm friends with Eric. I'm not starting shit. All I'm saying is simple. There was snow on the ground when I inquired about the championship. I was told ( for very good reasons ) why it wasn't happening. I dropped it. I'm just hurt ( and justifiably so) that if they are going to name it " battlegrounds ", a txt informing the people that offered to donate money and time deserved a txt to drive. Even if it was just bragging rights. I'm not starting rumors or talking shit. All I'm saying is my boys would have liked to go. Our club and theirs are friends. I thought.

Crawllife 06-01-2015 06:14 PM

Lastly, for anyone who thinks I'm being rude, if it wasn't the " battlegrounds " championship, someone should notify the voodoo fan page and let them know that Eric won a local comp instead. That would clear the air and make a few of us feel better

Beest 06-01-2015 06:48 PM

Wow.

EeePee 06-01-2015 06:49 PM

Guys, not hard. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ohio/...nt-series.html

Beest 06-01-2015 07:08 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...af3549183e.jpg

This may have caused the confusion. Looks like Team KNK misposted.

Beest 06-01-2015 07:17 PM

On another note....

EeePee, did you get the civic going?

EeePee 06-01-2015 07:39 PM

Nope. Tomorrow will be six months with no car. Wanna buy it? It'll be cheap. :mrgreen:

Beest 06-01-2015 07:40 PM

What's wrong with it? I ain't skeerd of a lil wrenchin!

EeePee 06-01-2015 07:44 PM

I'd venture to say a spun bearing.

Beest 06-01-2015 07:59 PM

What ya want for it?

DiabloPres 06-01-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawllife (Post 5236504)
I saw something about battlegrounds on FB. If it was battlegrounds, congrats to the winner. I would have loved to attend. If there is a comp later in the year, is love to attend that as well. I think organizers believe that without giveaways, drivers won't show. That's not the case for real crawlers. I just returned from a comp with no sponsors and it was by far my favorite event. If 10% of the forum needs gifts and rub n tugs to attend events, the 90% can survive and keep this hobby going without them. I'm bummed that not only did I miss my friends but that it wasn't advertised. You can say it wasn't held but it was. Under the battlegrounds name. I for one hope to drive with the Ohio guys this year. Even if I don't get a free wrench holder....

Battle Grounds has not happened and will not happen this year. That was one of my sponsors who incorrectly named a club points comp that I won. There will be a GTG at the same location as Battle Grounds in the fall and WILL be WELL ADVERTISED.

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnerone23 (Post 5236685)
Ohhhh ree-hee-heally!

Boooooooooooo...... :(

Skerd the farther East coast might show up, better hide it from them... Lol...

Hope all went well for those that attended..

Boston Crawler's likes inviting Crawler's to come crawl.. There club finals is on the 20th of this month and all welcome to come play! ;)

Not scared at all. on the contrary I can't wait for July to come kick some butt in PA:flipoff: BTW, anyone is welcome to attend ANY of our club comps and the schedule is always listed in the Ohio section of RCC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beest (Post 5236690)
Eric, are these rumors true?

NO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawllife (Post 5236710)
They are. I'm friends with Eric. I'm not starting shit. All I'm saying is simple. There was snow on the ground when I inquired about the championship. I was told ( for very good reasons ) why it wasn't happening. I dropped it. I'm just hurt ( and justifiably so) that if they are going to name it " battlegrounds ", a txt informing the people that offered to donate money and time deserved a txt to drive. Even if it was just bragging rights. I'm not starting rumors or talking shit. All I'm saying is my boys would have liked to go. Our club and theirs are friends. I thought.

David, you should have asked me first before starting this whirlwind. I told you a while ago that BG was not happening this year, and I am a man of my word. Again, this was a sponsor who was listing a club level points comp incorrectly. I told him it was held at Oakes Quarry Park, where we hold Battle Grounds...he misunderstood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawllife (Post 5236712)
Lastly, for anyone who thinks I'm being rude, if it wasn't the " battlegrounds " championship, someone should notify the voodoo fan page and let them know that Eric won a local comp instead. That would clear the air and make a few of us feel better

I have no idea what page that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beest (Post 5236743)
Wow.

Relax, there was no Battle Grounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 5236746)

Correct and thank you EeePee and Beest for clarifying.