Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: JConcepts Rock Cross Coming to eXtreme Hobby Zone 8/23/08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushtrucker View Post
ok, I am gonna do my best to be there, would really like to see an unlimited class, or at least some fun run time on the track.

my tuber has been torn down and I am about half done building a comp rig.
We will run an unlimited class that day... and there will be plenty of fun run time on the course throughout the day. As long as you are on a free channel or have 2.4ghz you can use the crawler track during the monster truck races, truck pulls and other events that will not be running in that area.

I'll have more pictures showing the whole area very soon... you can judge by my drawing the general area of the standard crawler course. The pictures on my site are of the top right pile of rocks in my drawing. That will extend to the rocky hill. Figure 30' x 50' of crawler area. I am creating it with many different lines and able to run one set one way and have a completely different line running the other way. There will be plenty of tricky lines, a wooden bridge, fallen trees... it will be very scale looking with brush and trees. Looking to make many videos so looks and technical crawling will be a must. It won't be a pile of rocks thrown down like some man made courses I've seen online. My drawing is of the Rock Cross Course, it does not show the slow crawl areas all that much.

I do not want to disappoint especially since most will be driving a long ways.

We will have space for about 6 trailers close to the track (first come first served) Plenty of parking close by and large covered pits with plenty of power. We do have a soda/snack machine and there are many restaurants/fast food close by.

Hope to have a good turn out and many more events... This first one we will be taking lots of notes and suggestions from everyone so we can make this a great place to crawl for everyone, newbs to pros.

Any other questions or suggestions please let me know. If you think the area will be too small I'm willing to extend, I have plenty of room. I've been looking at other comps and crawler events and I think the area I have laid out will make for nice comps but if you have other ideas please let me know.
eHzCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #22

We will run an unlimited class that day... and there will be plenty of fun run time on the course throughout the day. As long as you are on a free channel or have 2.4ghz you can use the crawler track during the monster truck races, truck pulls and other events that will not be running in that area.

I'll have more pictures showing the whole area very soon... you can judge by my drawing the general area of the standard crawler course. The pictures on my site are of the top right pile of rocks in my drawing. That will extend to the rocky hill. Figure 30' x 50' of crawler area. I am creating it with many different lines and able to run one set one way and have a completely different line running the other way. There will be plenty of tricky lines, a wooden bridge, fallen trees... it will be very scale looking with brush and trees. Looking to make many videos so looks and technical crawling will be a must. It won't be a pile of rocks thrown down like some man made courses I've seen online. My drawing is of the Rock Cross Course, it does not show the slow crawl areas all that much.

I do not want to disappoint especially since most will be driving a long ways.

We will have space for about 6 trailers close to the track (first come first served) Plenty of parking close by and large covered pits with plenty of power. We do have a soda/snack machine and there are many restaurants/fast food close by.

Hope to have a good turn out and many more events... This first one we will be taking lots of notes and suggestions from everyone so we can make this a great place to crawl for everyone, newbs to pros.

Any other questions or suggestions please let me know. If you think the area will be too small I'm willing to extend, I have plenty of room. I've been looking at other comps and crawler events and I think the area I have laid out will make for nice comps but if you have other ideas please let me know.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Anybody catch a time for this event?
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #24

Registration is 9-9:30am.. events start 10-10:30 am.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Hey thanks hopefully I can get the day off course looks awesome!!!
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
Hey thanks hopefully I can get the day off course looks awesome!!!
Hope to see you there & Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

sounds like you have some good ideas and the right attitude ;)

this should be a fun day, glad it is on a saturday too.

just out of curiosity, how far are you from the lincoln dealer on 17? from the map I am guessing less than 5 minutes...
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #28

Quote:
sounds like you have some good ideas and the right attitude ;)

this should be a fun day, glad it is on a saturday too.

just out of curiosity, how far are you from the lincoln dealer on 17? from the map I am guessing less than 5 minutes...
We are about 5 minutes North from the Lincoln Dealership, just off 17, and thanks!!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eHzCrawlers View Post
We are about 5 minutes North from the Lincoln Dealership, just off 17, and thanks!!
I know where it is but the Winterhaven Street system is like a GOD DAMN maze!! :-P Streets stop on one side of a lake, start on the other. Numbers, letters, streets, avenues. I get around New York City easier
FL Knifemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
I know where it is but the Winterhaven Street system is like a GOD DAMN maze!! :-P Streets stop on one side of a lake, start on the other. Numbers, letters, streets, avenues. I get around New York City easier
Yes I agree, just remember we are on Avenue C SW on the East side of SR17. Some GPS units send people over to the West side of SR17 on Ave C SW on the other end of Lake Howard , it is a mess here with the names of the streets, you are correct NYC is much eaiser to get around!!!

If all else fails I have a Google map on my website extremehobbyzone.com down at the bottom of the home page.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #31
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
that rules me out, I am running a cobalt puller 7 turn.
Quote:
We still would love for you to come out, check the rules there should be an unlimited class and if not we'll make one, I know a few guys that have rigs that won't fit the Rock Cross Comp, we will have a regular Crawl Comp too.
A 27T motor is about 2300 rpm/volt and a 7T Cobalt puller is about 1834 rpm/volt. You should let him run since his motor is a bit slower.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
A 27T motor is about 2300 rpm/volt and a 7T Cobalt puller is about 1834 rpm/volt. You should let him run since his motor is a bit slower.
That's true, I did not look at it that way, thanks for the heads up. We are willing to work with everyone this first time out... more of a trial run.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

interesting on the rpm/v ratings. I have not seen a stock 27t motor rtr axial in person, so I have no basis for speed comparison. I also have yet to read all the rules, but it just occurred to me that you racing folk don't really care for the voltage advantage from a 3s lipo pack.

honestly in a field of stock rtr trucks I think the motor battery combo could be a huge advantage. in the interest of fairness I will try and show up a little early and we can do some speed comparisons and you guys can decide.

I deliver to the porter store on ave O SW frequently, so I have a pretty good idea of where you are at.
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #34
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
That's true, I did not look at it that way, thanks for the heads up. We are willing to work with everyone this first time out... more of a trial run.
Cool.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
little bit of torque difference there.. if the class is limited to 27t motors or there equivalent it should stick to that format. if they are gonna run a unlimtied class that is where the 7t belongs not with the stock powered trucks...

I wish we had something like this up here looks awesome.. you should sell lots of parts
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Can I run an E-Maxx motor in the stock class titan 550?
Shaun (yota) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun (yota) View Post
27 Turn Limit for stock class... The Titan 550's are 21 Turn. So you can run in the ProModified class.

Check out the rules here...

rcmonstermotorsports.com/Documents/RCMMRockCrossRules%20073009v.pdf

See some updated pics of the course here...

extremehobbyzone.com/page25.html
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun (yota) View Post
Sorry that is a 21 Turn Motor, you'll run Modified.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #39

Some updated pics up on my site extremecrawlerzone.com

Last edited by eHzCrawlers; 08-16-2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: pic to big, visit site.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
I wish we had something like this up here looks awesome.. you should sell lots of parts
Thanks!!