Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Top Truck Challenge*Sanford

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

I think with the point per foot syste, we can asses points to the rig, and quickly move onto the next rig. The idea is to keep the trucks moving through the rounds as fast as we can, keep the camera constantly rollling, and keep the crowds attention.

I think we should also hold a drivers meeting, and make sure every driver knows his/her place in line so they're ready to run right after the next guy. Im all about having as much fun as possible, but lets keep it as organized and smooth rolling as possible. In the drivers meeting we can also appoint a point asseser, 2 people for measuring the distance, and a time keeper for the tank trap.

With 16-20 trucks entered, we'll have sign up end at 9:30 or 10, drivers meeting at 10 or 10:30. 10 min breaks inbetween each event for water or repairs, I bet we can have the event finished before 1 or 2pm. With points totaled right after last rig in the mud hole.
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Water proofing is as simple as coating your RX and ESC board in liquid electrical tape waiting a few hours for it to dry, and stuffing it back in it's plastic case. A can is about $8......so compared to a $300+ rig, I think it's within managable reason.

This rule hurts me, because my Edge tuber and Rock crawler Ram have Goat systems which cant be water proofed, ill have to work around this some how.......
Old 09-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I like the ten foot idea, and points not timed except for the tank trap. Video rolling the whole time too. The score sheet like you made would work well. The 'everyone needs to be waterproof' shouldn't be a rule, let them do what they want, it's just gonna hurt them in the long run if they can't run in some water.

I'm gonna bring a machette, shovel, and bucket that way I can help, it didn't seem fair just one person doing th ework on the course last time.

I have some small twine that looks like rope, should have plenty. We can use some sticks for post.

Whos gonna make the signs for the event.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

I thought the point per foot system would work great, and the simple score sheet it should go really smooth. I know Justin liked the timed runs best, But I think we should see how it works that way we'll know for next time.

I didnt mean "water proof" as a strick rule.....more like a caution. Sanford is flooded right now, there really is no way of getting around water. The foot of our old hill climb is under water (which could be pretty cool) the old mud hole is under water, and the obstical course has a lot more water. ( I stopped by there today)

Ill bring a shovel, and a bucket as well.....Also work gloves, the weeds rip out fairly easily.

Ive also got some bailing twine that looks like rope ill bring out. We need some bricks, crushed concrete or anything yall can get a hold of. The stuff Justin brought last time worked really well.

Signs can be as simple as a little squares of card board (looks like wood) with nice sharpie writing, and wire for a "stand".......should push easy into the ground.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Great, thanks Matt for organizing it. I agree with everything, and we should keep these rules offical for every ttc we do.

I also think the drivers meeting is perfect, and also make sure we sign in what channel your running on.
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

i have some rocks here at my house that are just there i could bring some if you like
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post
Great, thanks Matt for organizing it. I agree with everything, and we should keep these rules offical for every ttc we do.

I also think the drivers meeting is perfect, and also make sure we sign in what channel your running on.
Good idea, we can make a colum on the score chart next to the drivers name Ill try and make one up in Excel and print it out so yall can check it out on Sunday
Old 09-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road View Post
Good idea, we can make a colum on the score chart next to the drivers name Ill try and make one up in Excel and print it out so yall can check it out on Sunday
sounds like a plan.
Ps, check out the decal thread
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmudder View Post
i have some rocks here at my house that are just there i could bring some if you like

Can't we use the ones under the bridge if we put them back?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
Can't we use the ones under the bridge if we put them back?
to big to move
Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
to big to move

Wimp.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Here is the License Plates we made up for TTC09 in Alberta Canada. This is RCFreaks Truck.
Attached Images

Last edited by Krawler Konceptz; 09-30-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
to big to move
There were a few that were loose that aren't that big but with alot of them in a row it should make for a good challenge Also I've got a few new things to bring out from the home course I plan on getting pics of it all so you guys can tell me if you want me to bring them or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road View Post
Sooo....were against the

-no round drop
-everyone waterproof idea
-10 foot idea
-every course can use a winch
-one person can run identical trucks

-------------------------------------------

The idea with round dropping was cool, BUT if were going to do a serious tank trap (btw sanford is FLOODED, so every rig is going to get wet) and a mud hole, that would leave two rounds they would have to sit out to stay dry. It doesnt make sence

10 foot idea was more of a rule of thumb kind of. The hill climb was about 10 exactly, so was/will the mud hole. As for the rock crawl, if the cource is 20 feet, then it becomes a half point per foot...... I like the timed runs, but it takes up a lot of time and gets very confusing. If we narrow it down to only doing 2 timed runs it should make the day go a lot smoother. I didnt like the "point" system on the last rock crawl we did. I think the point per foot system would work great, it seemed like everyone got caught up in a different spot, which would make for differnt point out comes. Yes the rock course was VERY tuff, but it made sense. It started out fairly easy, but got damn near impossible towards the top. I wouldnt expect most people to get past 6 or 7 points which is cool. Because some of the big mud boggers would range in points down in the 3 or 4s, and the 1 or 3 rock crawlers that do horrible in the mud hole have a chance to get that 9 or 10 points on the rock crawl.

As for everyone getting "10s" Honestly, I didnt really have the mind set on everyone finishing the rounds. For this to be a TTC, I think it needs to be a true challange not a walk in the park. Only about 1/3 of the trucks in the 1:1 TTC actually finish the mud hole, hill climb, rock crawl, and tank trap.

As for using the winch on anything but the tank trap...... We all may as well just start the run with the winch hooked up and just let it drag the rig through. This is a truck challange not a winch contest. I think since the tank trap will be times, it would be a really cool winch event. Plus like the 1:1 TTC, teams only winch in the tank trap (ya they winch on the mini rubicon too, but I think it should be based on driver and rig. Not winch)

As for the 2 identical trucks, I thought it was just a good idea. As far as I know everyone that would be running two trucks, the trucks are "different" . But I agree with you, we'll have to see what the turn out is. Last time we had 20 rigs, that was a lot of trucks!! added to the "time" system, it just makes for a long hard day.

If we're going to do this by times, I think it would be best to keep the truck field around 12-16 rigs. But if we apply the point per foot rule, we can get 20+ trucks through the courses and add up the points A lot faster!

I think we can do the point per foot scoring on one simple sheet of paper, instead of 8 pages like last time

Course:....Hill Climb.......Idea......Rock Crawl.......Tank Trap.......Mud Hole.......Total Points

Driver 1
Driver 2
Driver 3
Driver 4
Driver 5
Driver 6
Driver 7
etc.

Itll take all of 45 seconds to total the points, plus after each round we'll know where we stand as far as points.
I don't think that every course you should be able to use a winch especially if we use the 10ft idea and i'm not AGAINST using the 10ft scoring system I just think its going to be a little harder to design courses within 10ft and still be as cool. But i'm cool with trying it out and see what its like I mean we won't know until we try it right! In my opinion though the whole reason I was saying something about keeping a balance between timed runs and distance runs is because of the overall event time because if everythings just distance really anyone could go as slow as they want and be as cautious as they want to try and go the full length and probably make it which takes more time overall. But throw that same driver under pressure and their going to go faster, make more mistakes through the course, and it makes the challenge harder and overall time of the event will be less

But hey thats just my opinion and I say we should give your Idea a shot and I am definitely all for the simple score sheet I mean you all seen me last time I looked like an accountant late for work with all those papers flyin around

As for the rock crawl scoring last time that was pretty much a disaster but hey it was our first event out there you live and you learn and actually the rock crawl/mini rubicon falls perfectly in line with the 10ft idea which i was hoping to use this time for that instead of judging
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Also definitely like the twine for rope idea and everyone helping to clear out some weeds I know my weedeaters not even running right now and i don't think dads is either so the more help the better and i hope to have pics of the obstacles from my house up on friday or saturday and you guys can tell me what to bring or not
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
Wimp.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 09-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Are we going to get in trouble if we start weed eating??

Last edited by smm_cbf; 09-30-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

here are some of the rocks i have

just sitting there
Old 10-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
to big to move
Clints getting us a back hoe.....
Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
There were a few that were loose that aren't that big but with alot of them in a row it should make for a good challenge Also I've got a few new things to bring out from the home course I plan on getting pics of it all so you guys can tell me if you want me to bring them or not

I don't think that every course you should be able to use a winch especially if we use the 10ft idea and i'm not AGAINST using the 10ft scoring system I just think its going to be a little harder to design courses within 10ft and still be as cool. But i'm cool with trying it out and see what its like I mean we won't know until we try it right! In my opinion though the whole reason I was saying something about keeping a balance between timed runs and distance runs is because of the overall event time because if everythings just distance really anyone could go as slow as they want and be as cautious as they want to try and go the full length and probably make it which takes more time overall. But throw that same driver under pressure and their going to go faster, make more mistakes through the course, and it makes the challenge harder and overall time of the event will be less

But hey thats just my opinion and I say we should give your Idea a shot and I am definitely all for the simple score sheet I mean you all seen me last time I looked like an accountant late for work with all those papers flyin around

As for the rock crawl scoring last time that was pretty much a disaster but hey it was our first event out there you live and you learn and actually the rock crawl/mini rubicon falls perfectly in line with the 10ft idea which i was hoping to use this time for that instead of judging
I hear ya, but the hole drive goes as slow as he wants theme really will only happen I think on the Tank trap, which they will be timed on. You have to give the hill climb full steam, once they stop or go off course that's where their footage ends. Basically same for the mud hole, and the Tonka truck pull, there really is no "going slow" it's just gun it and hope for the best. I think the rock crawl and the tonka truck pull will probably be more like 20feet courses, which is fine, itll become a 1/2 point per foot.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post
Are we going to get in trouble if we start weed eating??
i would think it's probably best just to pull them, bring some work gloves. they pull out real easy, plus we wont be left with that plant "stubble". I say pull em and toss them into a pile.