Notices

Thread: TTC Sanford OCT. 25th official thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TTC Sanford OCT. 25th official thread

***This thread is for info only Please no chit chat questions only****

Event: Top Truck Challenge of Sanford #2
Place: Lake Monroe Boat ramp (under the bridge)
Time: 10:00 am SHARP drivers meeting/setup 9:30am
Date: OCTOBER 25th
Classes: Run What Ya Brung
Entry Fee: Free this event is for bragging rights so bring your A game!!!

This is our second Top Truck Challenge event I'm sure everyones looking forward to compete in this event after the success of our first TTC you can see it here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183101&highlight=TTCThank you to everyone who helped out last time and of course the competitors who showed up.

Since that was our first event of course this event will be different to keep things fresh and keep competitors on there toes

There will be a series of 5 events based off of the 1:1 TTC 2009 seen here: http://www.fourwheeler.com/eventcoverage/index.html

This event will include the following challenges:

Mini Rubicon- A 10ft strip of truck killing rocks
Mud Pit- A 10ft strip of good ol' nasty, gooey, truck swallowing mud
Hill Climb- approx 10ft of soft sand straight up
Frame Twister- Basically a Wicked combination of logs rocks and water
Tow Test- 10ft uphill pull of one heavy Dump truck!

If you haven't noticed most of the events are 10ft in length. This is because we are trying a new scoring system for each foot in the course you go you earn 1 pt. i.e. you go 7ft you get 7pts. Who ever has the most points at the end Earns the title of Top Truck of Central Florida!!

If you have any ?'s or concerns post up if you want to trash talk here ya go: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200575

Last edited by CRAWL UGLY; 10-10-2009 at 01:03 PM.
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Justin! btw, it wasnt set in stone, but I think the tonka pull and the rock crawl will end up being more like 20feet....1/2 per foot. Just to make the tracks make a little more sence when only going 10 feet isnt quite enough.
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road View Post
Thanks Justin! btw, it wasnt set in stone, but I think the tonka pull and the rock crawl will end up being more like 20feet....1/2 per foot. Just to make the tracks make a little more sence when only going 10 feet isnt quite enough.
I don't know that Tonka might be packin alot of weight
Plus for the rubicon we have to move all of those rocks into a 10ft strip thats alot of rocks but we will see
Old 10-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Are we doing the mud pit last?
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post

I would think so, that way if someone breaks in the mud pit, it would be at the end.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

HELL YES!!!

We need to find a good spot to run the tank trap.....
Old 10-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
I don't know that Tonka might be packin alot of weight
Plus for the rubicon we have to move all of those rocks into a 10ft strip thats alot of rocks but we will see
Very true...It all depends on the water levels, and the turn out.......we'll have to see, but as far as the general rule of thumb, you nailed it bud.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i have some rocks to bring if i need to b/c i see there is some talk about moving the rock under this is just some of them just sitting there LMK if i need to bring them and i will can make a 20 to 30 footer if we need to like i say got to lmk and ill load them up

flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

posted over at scaleAre we doing flyers?

suggestion..have alitte dirt ramp in front of mud pit so that we can jump into the pit if you have enough wheel speed

Last edited by smm_cbf; 10-11-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

If anyone wants to make up some flyers I can print them and run them down to CHP.

I was out there today and spotted out what I think are the best spots for the challanges. The only thing I dont see happending is the "tank trap" the water just isnt high enough.

Instead of a trank trap I propose a sprint run through the "canyon" or w.e you want to call that dug out. We can toss a bunch of rocks in there dig some holes with a shovel or w.e we can slap together to make it fun/hard. Since it's a timed run, obviously the fastest one through gets the most points. Instead of calling it a tank trap, we an call it a canyon sprint......or something like that. Any thoughts?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
If anyone wants to make up some flyers I can print them and run them down to CHP.

I was out there today and spotted out what I think are the best spots for the challanges. The only thing I dont see happending is the "tank trap" the water just isnt high enough.

Instead of a trank trap I propose a sprint run through the "canyon" or w.e you want to call that dug out. We can toss a bunch of rocks in there dig some holes with a shovel or w.e we can slap together to make it fun/hard. Since it's a timed run, obviously the fastest one through gets the most points. Instead of calling it a tank trap, we an call it a canyon sprint......or something like that. Any thoughts?
sounds good to me what ever you guys want to do I'll run it
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
sounds good to me what ever you guys want to do I'll run it

SOOO one of the rounds are going to be taking care of FAT UGLY hookers.....Ryan you can take care of that round lol j/k.......no but seriously, you got this.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:04 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=Warn Off Road;2041038]SOOO one of the rounds are going to be taking care of FAT UGLY hookers.....QUOTE]

You mean the swamp course, I heard it very lose out there:?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmudder View Post
i have some rocks to bring if i need to b/c i see there is some talk about moving the rock under this is just some of them just sitting there LMK if i need to bring them and i will can make a 20 to 30 footer if we need to like i say got to lmk and ill load them up

Hey that would be great andrew if you could bring some I was planning on bringing some from my house to so you don't need to load all of yours up
Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

What I was thinking is taking our obstacle course from last time (Mini logs, rocks, and the clay tubes) straightening it out and running it in the canyon area. If you check out the link above from the 1:1 site its called the frame twister and thats basically what it is ours will be a little different but challenging
Old 10-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Hey that would be great andrew if you could bring some I was planning on bringing some from my house to so you don't need to load all of yours up

will do so how much should i load up all 1/2 or what
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What I was thinking is taking our obstacle course from last time (Mini logs, rocks, and the clay tubes) straightening it out and running it in the canyon area. If you check out the link above from the 1:1 site its called the frame twister and thats basically what it is ours will be a little different but challenging

Well the frame twister is mostly logs inside of mud with sharp turns, pretty much like it was last time. But im up for making an obstacle course in the canyon area for a fastest time runed event.

BTW, I was thinking as far as rules

The mud hole, you get 1 min to get as far as you can. no winching touching or pushing the rig.

Tonka pull, once the rig has lost forward momentum, your run is over.

The Hill climb, once the rig has lost forward momentum your pretty much done, but we'll give you a few seconds to work the steering and get as far as you can

The Rock crawl, from what I looked at, it's going to be a 20 foot course, you get 2min and 30 seconds to make it as for as possible, backing up doesnt cost you points, but for every time flip and or need to touch or pick up the rig to get it back on course, you loose one point each time from your final score.

Canyone run, youve got to make it through the course as fast as possible, winching is highly recomended (video footage!!) if you get stuck or flip, you wont loose points for winching out, but it will cost you time. If you flip or get stuck and need to touch your rig, like the rock crawl, for every time you touch (other then winching) the rig you loose one point off your overall score.

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 10-12-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmudder View Post
will do so how much should i load up all 1/2 or what
We hate to take your backyard crawl collection, but whatever your willing to load up would be great. And ill be more then happy to help you load them back in your truck when we're done.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

The contest is coming up SOON so I was thinking we need to come up with a course SETUP time/date I don't mind getting there early the 25th and doing it but I don't know who else is up for that or if anyone wants to go out Saturday night and set up or what?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The contest is coming up SOON so I was thinking we need to come up with a course SETUP time/date I don't mind getting there early the 25th and doing it but I don't know who else is up for that or if anyone wants to go out Saturday night and set up or what?
would this work...9:00am-10:30am setup/show and shine(show off what rigs you brought), drivers meeting/signup 10:30,begin when meeting/sign up is done.

we should probably setup the courses like last time. when we get there we'll look at the ditch and form ether a 10 or 20ft strip(1/2 pt. or 1pt. per ft.) then the rock course, mud area,uphill,tug-o-dumptruck,and then obsticale course.