Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: any crawlers in port saint lucie , fl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #61

Default Re: any crawlers in port saint lucie , fl

Just recently got into crawling, axial ridgecrest, and losi mini crawler. The losi is a gatekeeper chassis brushless mongoose with links 10 scale servo and flat iron tires on alum rims. The ridge is only 2 days old so just put the axial shafts for better turn radius and put clodbuster tires and wheels on it just for the hell of it. I have several other trucks you can check out on youtube, under r0ciara.
boomshaka01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

true that. I dont know when the next time i will be out an about with the scalers but if you want ill let you know fell free to join. I know a couple good places from scaling (not necessarily crawling though.
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Land Rover D90 Build thread (Gonna be alot of pics)
This is what Im running now btw
Old 03-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #64

Love the rig, nice choice on the land rover, I drive a land rover so it hits home. Been looking for a dico 2 body but not much luck as of yet. I am still learning the lingo, I would be interested in doing some scaling. Took the clod tires off the axial and currently working on waterproofing my ridgecrest. I replaced the motor today with a 550 titan off of my maxx. Seems to help out in the torq department. Ordered c hubs and knuckles as well as a axial metal steering horn. Enjoying the technical driving as opposed to the usual hold it to the floor mentality which I have plenty of experience with.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #65

One more thing great detail on your d90 just checked out the rest of the pics, looks tough.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

I used to drive a disco series II myself, loved the truck to death. Drive a jeep now though. I deff love the tech driving over the full throttle. way more fun.
If your lookin for a disco body here is the only thing on the market, people take them and mod them to make um look really good.
Land Rover Discovery 1 10 Kamtec Body ABS Decal Include | eBay

Do yu by chance take you land rover off road or no?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #67

I do occasionally its lifted and just put some m/ts on it. Thanks for the link I have to have that body. Looks perfect. I dont beat my rover up to bad I bought it new in 04 and it only has 60k on it. Really love the truck and dont want to tear it up, but I wont ignore a trail if I see one. Let me know the next time your getting your group together I will try to tag along. Also is your scaler waterproof? I am trying to decide whick method of waterproofing to do on my axial esc. Any recommendations? Also what servo are you running is it water proof and what type of torque does it have.?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Understandable. I took mine off road a couple times when I had it, one of the times I took it out I messed it up bad. Yes my scaler is water proof, actually both of them are ( i have a cc01 yj as well. Jeep build heres the link to the thread, havent had much time to update it though. My body an I are gonna meet up monday morning, if you want to meet up at starbucks in st lucie west, by wal mart, we can bring the scalers and kick a chat talk some off road stuff, show off the rigs, and if we like you enough maybe we will let you in on a scale project we are putting together over off cameo. That is is you are free monday morning/ afternoon
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #69

I will see what I have going on monday. Starbucks is not really my thing so, appreciate the offer though. If you are going to hit the trails give.me a heads up. it would be interesting to see how different vehicle setups perform. also thanks for pointing me in a direction on waterproofing. just trying to see which method I should try first. reliability concerns. im on call 24hrs so if all goes well I will try to hit some spots this weekend. went to south bridge causeway in fort pierce and crawled on the rock with impressive results. really staring to see the potential of thr ridgecrest. making adjustments and ordered pile of parts
Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

im not a big Starbucks person either just an easy place to meet at with some outside seating to look sat the crawlers. We can meet else where if need be, just let me know. We can plan accordingly. I used similar water proofing methods on both my rc trucks both proven to be very reliable, havent had a single problem with them yet. If we meet up i will point you in the right direction. Its very easy, just time consumming
Old 06-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #71

Hey guys, I'm new to the world of RC. I just got my first rig a month or two ago, scx10 honcho, and loving it. With it being FL, I to am find it hard to locate good places to trail. I actually went to halpatiokee park this morning and took to the mountain biking trails. There's 10 miles of trails back there but the good spots are way out there. Unfortunately there's nobody around that I know that's into this, so I've been going by myself. It's fun and all but would be so much better to have other people/rigs to go with. If you're interested please let me know. Ill try and post some pics from this morning but I didn't have time to go all the way to the back of the trails where the good stuff is. I didn't have my bike with me, otherwise it would've been a long walk.
FlexinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinFL View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the world of RC. I just got my first rig a month or two ago, scx10 honcho, and loving it. With it being FL, I to am find it hard to locate good places to trail. I actually went to halpatiokee park this morning and took to the mountain biking trails. There's 10 miles of trails back there but the good spots are way out there. Unfortunately there's nobody around that I know that's into this, so I've been going by myself. It's fun and all but would be so much better to have other people/rigs to go with. If you're interested please let me know. Ill try and post some pics from this morning but I didn't have time to go all the way to the back of the trails where the good stuff is. I didn't have my bike with me, otherwise it would've been a long walk.
Welcome to the scaler world. I live in the port st. lucie area, my friend an i take m,y yj and jk out, havent been out much lately, but I know plenty of good spots in my area. Id be more then happy meeting up and doing a run. Its alot more fun in numbers. (only down side is i have a tight schedule so some well done planning is a must) Where do you stay around are you up in stuart?
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

From my last run. Re built the jk

Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
Welcome to the scaler world. I live in the port st. lucie area, my friend an i take m,y yj and jk out, havent been out much lately, but I know plenty of good spots in my area. Id be more then happy meeting up and doing a run. Its alot more fun in numbers. (only down side is i have a tight schedule so some well done planning is a must) Where do you stay around are you up in stuart?
Thanks, nice rig you got there. I do live in stuart, close to 95 so it's pretty easy to get anywhere. I guess it'll be easier to work around your schedule. I work m-f I go in early so I'm off early. I'm gonna order some new MIP drive shafts in the next couple of days, the stock rear one has twisted a little and I'm getting a little chatter. So I guess I'll be out of commission for a week or so. Definitely let me know when you have time to go, would be awesome to meet some fellow scalers.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

true that. In a couple weeks we can meet up a the fort pierce mountain bike trial. Awesome scale run. (would make sure you have extra batteries) Im gonna order some later this week. We shall set details prob next week. But it easy to get to from to from the i 95 exit of fort pierce. I hope you dont drive a low car though, last time i went out with some one in a car they got stuck on the road to the trail.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #76

Ok sounds good to me. What size batteries do you run??
Old 06-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
From my last run. Re built the jk

That's a great looking jeep.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #78
RCC Addict

PSL checking in,

Anybody checked out the preserve along the train tracks between Indian River Drive and Green River Parkway? Google maps shows quite a few trails back there, but i don't know how it'd look for scale runs
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinFL View Post
Ok sounds good to me. What size batteries do you run??
mine are 4200, they last a while about 1hour or so with the yj and about 40 min on the jk. However I just put in a 20t motor so they go in about half hour now. I have 2 of them, and they are about 2 years old now so they arent staying as juicy as they used to. (for 40$ for the 2 though I got more then my moneys worth) I want to get a couple more 4200 or 5000's just to have the spares. the mb trail here is roughly 5 miles, and all 5 are awesome for scaling, so i need something that i can trail all the way through with
Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
That's a great looking jeep.
Thank you!