Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: ' New Years GTG, Jan 3rd '

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #121
Rock Stacker

I was thinking about going then i opened the front door said NOPE rolled back in bed for the rest of the day...Sat was cold enough for the race was not doing 2days in a row
went and raced the clod...............oh boy did i get schooled track was COLD and SLICK
southernextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernextreme View Post
I was thinking about going then i opened the front door said NOPE rolled back in bed for the rest of the day...Sat was cold enough for the race was not doing 2days in a row
went and raced the clod...............oh boy did i get schooled track was COLD and SLICK

I know what you mean the wife and kid did the same thing

man I waited and waited to see that electric class and sure enough I left to go in the hobby shop and came back you guys were done How'd you clod do?
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road View Post
haha new guy doesn't know about the green lugger

Thats funny but I want to see it next time with no weight Not that I would ever be able to pull it with my both my rigs but just to see if anyone could
Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
Thats funny but I want to see it next time with no weight Not that I would ever be able to pull it with my both my rigs but just to see if anyone could
Speaking of your two rigs, get that trailer done!

Your rig with trailer, your dads, and my goose neck would make a sick picture all together. Maybe have a little short course loaded trailer drag race like Diesel Power Mag
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Your rig with trailer, your dads, and my goose neck would make a sick picture all together. Maybe have a little short course loaded trailer drag race like Diesel Power Mag

That'd be sweet!
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #126
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
I know what you mean the wife and kid did the same thing

man I waited and waited to see that electric class and sure enough I left to go in the hobby shop and came back you guys were done How'd you clod do?
I had fun, but it did not go too well track was really slick, tried to hook up got about 10ft out pulled full throttle and spun it right into the inside turning post(bad driver) and the jolt shut the ESc down for some reason,
second run made it past the turning post and hit the ramp wide open but when it landed i had no esc or steering(still at a loss why it shut down..
third run made it past the ramp went hot into the far corner, down by where your son was parked. it was supper slick down there, spun up into the piping and ESC shut down again

I am totally lost on this esc thing..got truck out today with same batts from sat. ran the heck out of it made a ramp that launched it over 3ft in the air at full throttle rolled then rolled back on wheels hit ramp like 6 times that high and hard.. esc never once shut down.
only thing i have done since sat was unplug everything, batts,motors, rx servo use aircompressor and blew out all connections and re connected.. everything seems to be working normal even after running it hard and jumping it high with hard landing... so if anyone has some idea's for me to look at PLEASE throw it out here for me
working on getting a small block nitro now for the 2010 season
gonna run the clod and SB nitro
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I am totally lost on this esc thing..got truck out today with same batts from sat. ran the heck out of it made a ramp that launched it over 3ft in the air at full throttle rolled then rolled back on wheels hit ramp like 6 times that high and hard.. esc never once shut down.
only thing i have done since sat was unplug everything, batts,motors, rx servo use aircompressor and blew out all connections and re connected.. everything seems to be working normal even after running it hard and jumping it high with hard landing... so if anyone has some idea's for me to look at PLEASE throw it out here for me
What ESC are you running?

I have an XL5 Traxxas ESC that does that to me if the rig takes a nice fall on the rocks at the boat ramp. Not sure why, Ive got a few of those escs and it's the only one that acts up. Try calling tec support and if you're lucky try to get it warrentied, because it's thats not normal.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #128
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Yeah that would be sweet I might have the trailer done by 2012 you know it takes me at least 6months per project lol
Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #129
Rock Stacker

Quote:
What ESC are you running?

I have an XL5 Traxxas ESC that does that to me if the rig takes a nice fall on the rocks at the boat ramp. Not sure why, Ive got a few of those escs and it's the only one that acts up. Try calling tec support and if you're lucky try to get it warrentied, because it's thats not normal.
i have a EVX-2
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i have a EVX-2
Well maybe it's a Traxxas thing.....My Traxxas VXL brushless system shuts off when I put too much of a load on the truck at a slow speed (scx10) Not sure why, but the esc cuts out. I guess it's just a Traxxas thing. Your best bet it to get it warrentied or try another ESC.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #131
RCC Addict

did anyone get any pics or vid?
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
did anyone get any pics or vid?
oops..
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote