Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Stripped Gears of Sanford

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Stripped Gears of Sanford

For those of us who stripped out gears at sanford on the 27th just wanted to let you guys know that i have since switched to 32 pitch gears and havent had one problem. I have ran two 5000 mih 2s batteries on both of my trucks and the gears dont even show any wear let alone have they stripped, the only thing is i had to mod my spur gear to fit but nothing that you guys cant do. Hope this will help out those who were thinking of making the switch.
muddbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

What gear ratio did you endup with and is it faster/slower?
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #3

when i was usein the axial trans i was useing the 54t 32p spur and a 17t pinion very fast
damnredchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I used a 54t spur and a 15t pinion on my wife"s truck and its got more speed than a 87t spur and 20t pinion. I have a 54t spur with a 13t pinion on my truck and its not enuff but both trucks crawl better for some reason with the 32p gears as opposed to the 48p with the same speed.I know it sounds kinda of weird but when i had my 48p gears that had the same speed as my 32p gears the truck would stutter alot unless i dropped down to a 18t pinion or smaller so it seems like i have gained alot by going to the stronger gears.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well another update me and the wife went out again today and blasted through everything we could even DEEP mud and we still could even put a mark on these big gears so i think tommorow i will try 3s to see waht happens I hope this has helped out some of you guys that have read this but not posted
Old 07-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #6

prepare to change transmissions lol! me and my cousin went through about 5 pares of steal gears in the axial trans, before we sais f it and got the new 16.8 volt emaxx trans its brushless ready. it comes single speed. we haven't had no problems with that transmission with the 3c battery. u could use the 58 tooth spur ur truck would be really fast with that gear
damnredchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to bring up an older topic but what 32p spurs did u buy and did the bolt pattern line up with the axial trans or are you using a different trans/slipper?
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
Sorry to bring up an older topic but what 32p spurs did u buy and did the bolt pattern line up with the axial trans or are you using a different trans/slipper?
I bought gears for a emaxx and used a drill or body reamer to open 3 new holes for the 3 screws and 3 guide pins.No i dont use a slipper because its not a "rock" crawler so its pretty easy to watch and listen incase it starts to bind.The best part is that i havent changed spur gears since i wrote this thread by far the best mod i have ever done.I use a 15 pinion/54spur lots of wheel speed for the mud and sand with my velenion on 2s and with 3s its to much for my wife but good for me
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Cool thanks for the info i picked up some gears this weekend hopefully i will get them mounted up and tested soon
Old 12-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Cool thanks for the info i picked up some gears this weekend hopefully i will get them mounted up and tested soon
It should work for you with no problem its not hard to make fit and they last forever hell i bought 6 gears and i have yet to use up the first 2 so i have 4 still in the bag and i run velenion motors in both trucks
Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Any luck with the new gears?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddbogger View Post
Any luck with the new gears?
The spur i picked up was too big so i got a new one today and should have it ready for next weekend

for those that are looking to use 32p the Traxxas spurs line up good on the axial trans.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Got to run the new gears at Ocala for the first time and they did excellent would definitely suggest to anyone that hasn't already converted to do so
Old 12-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Got to run the new gears at Ocala for the first time and they did excellent would definitely suggest to anyone that hasn't already converted to do so
Glad to hear that you had good luck with the swap