Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: NewRed Hobbies January 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
Official Cook of the ECC

I have some 6, 7, and 8 turn Checkpoint mods with the alum endbells sitting right here.

I just picked up a few more CheckPoint motors to add to my collection.

Last edited by Scattman; 01-02-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Where are you grtting the checkpoint cans? im in bad need for some, because i have 7 blank arms coming.
out4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

You guys suck all i have is my lil velenion on 3s...o well its still on and may the beast man win
muddbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #24
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddbogger View Post
You guys suck all i have is my lil velenion on 3s...o well its still on and may the beast man win

You still have more wheelspeed than me.....................................you're just missing the slow speed control that my brushed motors and BR-XL give me.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

my scaler has plenty of wheelspeed now
Name:  scaler.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  89.4 KB
Old 01-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Uh-oh Matt. You better pull something out of your sleeve. Time for 6s.

I will volunteer to judge and set up the crawling, but I will not be competing.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #27
Looking for new Trails

Please read the top page this will be a SCALE TOP TRUCK CHALLANGE to see who is true top truck all events will count and rule's will apply so get ready for the real deal and bring your A game....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
RCC Addict

i know everbody is mounting there 2.2's now but my 1.9's will rule
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #29
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
i know everbody is mounting there 2.2's now but my 1.9's will rule

Be veeerry careful, I may have a 1.9 in attendance.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Scattman,your gunna have you 2.2 right?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
Please read the top page this will be a SCALE TOP TRUCK CHALLANGE to see who is true top truck all events will count and rule's will apply so get ready for the real deal and bring your A game....
When you say SCALE does that mean you will allow side plates and wk's?I dont care either way just want to get this out of the way so there's no fights about it later.
muddbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #32
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4crawlin View Post
Scattman,your gunna have you 2.2 right?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddbogger View Post
When you say SCALE does that mean you will allow side plates and wk's?I dont care either way just want to get this out of the way so there's no fights about it later.
I would say that if it says SCALE it mean it has to conform to the Scale rules.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

It says scale trucks, and top truck challenge. Doesn't that contradict itself? To me scale trucks should have a scale frame and go by scale rules, but top truck challenge should have no truck restrictions.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
It says scale trucks, and top truck challenge. Doesn't that contradict itself? To me scale trucks should have a scale frame and go by scale rules, but top truck challenge should have no truck restrictions.
kenny you have a scaler?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

well if were going for complete "scale-ness" shouldnt the tires resemble a 1:1 truck tire then?
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

No I don't have a scaler, and I am unsure of the tire rule as well. That is why I am asking.

I have been kicking the scaler idea around though.

Are you coming up from Tampa this time?

What happened to the crawlers?

Last edited by kennyj; 01-05-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
No I don't have a scaler, and I am unsure of the tire rule as well. That is why I am asking.

I have been kicking the scaler idea around though.

Are you coming up from Tampa this time?
ya i'll be there wife sign my premission slip
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #38
Official Cook of the ECC

Here, highlighted in orange, are the rules regarding tires allowed as per the official rules. Nothing said about the tires having to resemble a 1:1 You guys are grasping at straws now. I posted these rules in the other thread as well but here they are again.

I didn't make these up, pull them out of a hat, or anything else. These have been out quite some time. If an event is promoted as a scale event then there needs to be some rules to keep the vehicles in check. If you guys want it to be a free for all with the rigs the don't make it a "Scale" event.

I think it all boils down to guys running at GTG's alot but never actually competing. No other form of R/C lets you fudge the rules or try to interpret them to allow out of spec rigs.

Official Scale 4x4 R/C Competion Rules & Score Sheet

Official Scale 4x4 R/C Off-road competition rules and requirements.

The intent of these rules and requirements is to provide a standard set of guidelines for any scale competition held, official or unofficial.

1.9” Class
This class is modeled after typical street-legal off-road vehicles, non-trailered vehicles. These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts." The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might actually see driving down a highway on the way to the trail. Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s, they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height and 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18-scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. 2.0's wheels are allowed as long as the tire attached is either a stock 1.9 tire or cut & shut tire that falls into the restrictions.

> Body: You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are allowed. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
2.2” Class
This class is modeled after typical off-road use vehicles, non-trailered vehicles and trailered vehicles. These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts." The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might see driving on a trail. a purpose built off road vehicle (mud truck, hardcore trail truck, non competition rock crawler, ETC.) Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 2.2” size. all OEM tires are legal, any modified tires may be no larger then 5.5"

> Body: You must run a body, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds). All vehicles should be able to accommodate a minimum of a driver and passenger(no single seat buggys)

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are mandated. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs). A switchable transfer case is allowed, but only between 4x4 and 2x4 (rear wheel drive).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells. Width is unrestricted.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.

>·No truck will be allowed with a RTI score over 500* measured from the bottom of the tire.

>“Tuber” vehicles will be addressed on site and maybe allowed to run in this class but no guarantee is given. All tubers must have at least a hood, grille, and side panels. Tubers should try to adhere to the spirit of "scale" and look as realistic as possible.

Last edited by Scattman; 01-05-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #39
RCC Addict

sounds good.so if the wheels are wider then the body is that ok?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #40
Official Cook of the ECC

Yes, although I personally like to keep them tucked in for better looks.

I may just bolt on a set of regular 2.2 wheels and tires, it would perform much better than the narrow setup I have on it now.