Notices

Thread: NewRed Hobbies January 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
sure does do you want your old body?
Hell yea but of course i'm broke right now might have to check with dad see if he wants it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
No, not really,...................................here is the banned tire list. It states that modified tires need to still resemble a 1:1 tire.

• BANNED TIRE LIST (the following tires are not allowed): Losi Comp Claws; Imex red
rocks, skulls and bones; Hot Bodies Rovers, Sedonas; Panther Cougars, Leopards;
Jconcepts RocX; Pro‐Line Chisels; RC4WD Rocklins, Crazy crawler, X‐locks; Losi Bashers;
Any buggy tires, truck racing type tire, pin tires.**
And we care about this list because............

Quote:
Unfortunately yes.
Really this guy has been there for every event if i'm thinking of the correct person and no one has ever cared about him running the stock axial chassis and it hasn't gave him any unfair advantage at all so why shouldnt he be allowed to compete? Just b/c some guideline says it HAS to be a scale chassis. This is where i think that everyones common sense should come into play and make the desicion.

If im thinking of a different vehicle/person forgive me idiotness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
Well if we go buy the rule I can't run my 2.2 rig for the same rule I am close but not sure how they judge that......

Same deal were gonna kick out or put him in a different class and this is the sole person that makes this possible ........................really people come on!!!!!!!!!!!
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #62
RCC Addict

crawl ugly you dont gotta give me anything you can get
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post

Really this guy has been there for every event if i'm thinking of the correct person and no one has ever cared about him running the stock axial chassis and it hasn't gave him any unfair advantage at all so why shouldnt he be allowed to compete? Just b/c some guideline says it HAS to be a scale chassis. This is where i think that everyones common sense should come into play and make the desicion.
comon sense or not this is a 'COMP' there has to be rules! ...

trust me crawl ugly i agree with you and im still trying to figure out the whole "still has to resemble a 1:1 tire..." to me that means a 1:1 tire... the swampers/boggers, rock stompers, rock crushers, mud country and whatever other 1:1 looking scale tires there is...
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

well i will be there. it will be my first comp ever. I will see how i do with my stock scx10.
slammin1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
So if I'm correct in reading the above the Ocala events are not comp, with set rules but rather a GTG and why even worry about scores? "I have a berg can I run it in the scales too?"
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinson View Post
So if I'm correct in reading the above the Ocala events are not comp, with set rules but rather a GTG and why even worry about scores? "I have a berg can I run it in the scales too?"
I was thinking exactly the same. My daughter has a scale bottle I could strap to my Berg to make it a scaler.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #67
Official Cook of the ECC

These deals just need to be a GTG then, run whatcha brung.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

OR and im just spit-balling here... maybe the people who get butt hurt over anything that isnt correct to said rules and/or dont speak up about a problem at the event shouldnt show up. simple fix but a hard concept i know...

On the other hand this isnt a national/state sanctioned event, so i dont see why the rules cant be bent maybe a little, now running a berg in a scaler class is just plain dumb ... remember this is just a bunch of guys/gals trying to get together and have a good time and maybe win a prize or 2 and a trophy, not to mention a full RC shop, food and bathrooms, i think we should just be thankful/gratefull for it all, hell i dont think there is any other place in the state of Florida that do this and half the hobby shops look at you like you have a UDO if you bring a scaler in.

this is all just my opinion so take it how you will...

Last edited by RebelRacer; 01-09-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #69
RCC Addict

i dont carewhat it is i will be on top
Old 01-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #70
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
OR and im just spit-balling here... maybe the people who get butt hurt over anything that isnt correct to said rules and/or dont speak up about a problem at the event shouldnt show up. simple fix but a hard concept i know...

On the other hand this isnt a national/state sanctioned event, so i dont see why the rules cant be bent maybe a little, now running a berg in a scaler class is just plain dumb ... remember this is just a bunch of guys/gals trying to get together and have a good time and maybe win a prize or 2 and a trophy, not to mention a full RC shop, food and bathrooms, i think we should just be thankful/gratefull for it all, hell i dont think there is any other place in the state of Florida that do this and half the hobby shops look at you like you have a UDO if you bring a scaler in.

this is all just my opinion so take it how you will...

Well said for someone who hasn't even been there.

One simple rule........................one of the most basic rules.......................one that has been around for quite some time.................is all I stated I thought should be looked into. The needing of a scale style chassis to compete in the scale class. There were, after all, quite a few rigs that were basically comp rigs with some doo-dads added on.

Kenny and I were both asked before the event had even started, by yoda@4x4 for any suggestions we had to make it more organized and official and less of a free for all/GTG type event. So afterward I told him about the official scale rules that have been out for quite a while over on Scale4x4RC that determine what is considered in a "Scale Competition". He agreed, stating he noticed the same thing. This was billed as a "Scale Event" after all. I didn't bring up any other rules I thought were needed. I didn't mention people strapping batt. packs to the front axle or anything else Kenny and I saw. yoda@4x4 is the one who posted up the new set of rules that were just relesed last week pertaining to TTC rigs. That set of rules(the ones he posted) is the one that would have all you guys rigs in different classes(trail, etc). I knew that newly released set would be a mess, hell just one rule has caused a meltdown. I didn't mention running non-allowed tires or anything else, I could care less even though mine are allowed. And I didn't mention the rule about needing to keep tires centered in the wheel wheels, even though mine are.

Bottom line is that I was asked to make suggestions, from yoda@4x4 , based on the way the 1st one went down and I did. It was an event billed as a scale competion but went down like a GTG with absolutely no rules. Now if this was a bunch of guys playing in the drainage ditch in Sanford as a GTG with no entry fee then fine.

So you go ahead and point fingers, it's easy to be an armchair quarterback sitting at home looking at the pics instead of actually showing up to any of these events. If you had a clue you would know I was asked for suggestions and apparently yoda@4x4 thought it was a good idea. Maybe all the time on the sitting on the bench instead of having a dog in the fight has your butt a hurtin'

And I sympathize with Gary on his rig not really working in either class. I would be more than happy to help him get his rig in competitive form in either class he wants to be in, I have plenty of parts, although I think, IMO he would enjoy a scale rig better, much more places to run.

Last edited by Scattman; 01-09-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #71
RCC Addict

damm scattman you just broke my sprit
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #72
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
damm scattman you just broke my sprit
This is just nutty. I was asked for an opinion, opinion was greeted and accepted with much love, everybody hates on me for raining on the free-for all/ run whatcha brung GTG.

I have been all over competing and have never seen guys have this much problem with rules. Rules that I didn't make and have been out for a long time over on Scale where alot of those guys hang out.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well said for someone who hasn't even been there.

One simple rule........................one of the most basic rules.......................one that has been around for quite some time.................is all I stated I thought should be looked into. The needing of a scale style chassis to compete in the scale class. There were, after all, quite a few rigs that were basically comp rigs with some doo-dads added on.

Kenny and I were both asked before the event had even started, by yoda@4x4 for any suggestions we had to make it more organized and official and less of a free for all/GTG type event. So afterward I told him about the official scale rules that have been out for quite a while over on Scale4x4RC that determine what is considered in a "Scale Competition". He agreed, stating he noticed the same thing. This was billed as a "Scale Event" after all. I didn't bring up any other rules I thought were needed. I didn't mention people strapping batt. packs to the front axle or anything else Kenny and I saw. yoda@4x4 is the one who posted up the new set of rules that were just relesed last week pertaining to TTC rigs. That set of rules(the ones he posted) is the one that would have all you guys rigs in different classes(trail, etc). I knew that newly released set would be a mess, hell just one rule has caused a meltdown. I didn't mention running non-allowed tires or anything else, I could care less even though mine are allowed. And I didn't mention the rule about needing to keep tires centered in the wheel wheels, even though mine are.

Bottom line is that I was asked to make suggestions, from yoda@4x4 , based on the way the 1st one went down and I did. It was an event billed as a scale competion but went down like a GTG with absolutely no rules. Now if this was a bunch of guys playing in the drainage ditch in Sanford as a GTG with no entry fee then fine.

So you go ahead and point fingers, it's easy to be an armchair quarterback sitting at home looking at the pics instead of actually showing up to any of these events. If you had a clue you would know I was asked for suggestions and apparently yoda@4x4 thought it was a good idea. Maybe all the time on the sitting on the bench instead of having a dog in the fight has your butt a hurtin'

And I sympathize with Gary on his rig not really working in either class. I would be more than happy to help him get his rig in competitive form in either class he wants to be in, I have plenty of parts, although I think, IMO he would enjoy a scale rig better, much more places to run.

Where would this fit?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #74
RCC Addict

in the back of my truck
Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #75
Official Cook of the ECC

It would if you actually ran it........................those of us that know you know that it's just a shelf queen.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
It would if you actually ran it........................those of us that know you know that it's just a shelf queen.
pffft, it's been crawling, just not very good.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I've seen it run, jumps GOOD!
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #78
Looking for new Trails

ok just so it's out there I was asked my mean people for rules for the sacle and that it be set up to challenge them and judge them like they should be in the right events....

The crawler's will go by USRCCA Rule no questions asked....

now as for your scale trucks I say tire's what ever , body as long as it looks like something you would see on the street or rocks or trail or mud hole we do live in florida...

AS FOR RULE'S I AM GETTING WITH A FEW MEMBERS AND WE ARE GOING TO SET RULES IN STONE FOR NEWRED HOBBIES AND THAT WILL BE THAT I WILL CONTACT THESE MEMBER AND WE WILL WORK ON THEM....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Scattman;2849504]Well said for someone who hasn't even been there.

Not sure why i have to be there in the first place

The great thing is i wasnt pointing fingers at you or anyone for that matter so you must be feeling guilty or something, i used a general word.. "people". im sorry that i cant show up to these, i would rather work and make money, but hey to each his own i guess.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #80
RCC Addict

sounds good yoda looking forward to checking it out