Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: where in orlando ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

im at UCF and im lookin for places or people to crawl with if interested pm me and maybe we can get some people together to go out and get somethin goin here! thanks
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_life_19 View Post
im at UCF and im lookin for places or people to crawl with if interested pm me and maybe we can get some people together to go out and get somethin goin here! thanks
mud life, we have a few of us that get together every Sunday in Sanford. If you are interested in coming out there let us know. It has some great stuff out there, well worth going. We are also going to Gainesville tomorow, if you are interested let us know. We are leaving from the Sanford area @7:30.

You can see what our spots look like if you just search this forum section for "Sanford Boat Ramp" or G-Ville
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

ok thanks i cant go to gainsville but i deffinately will check it out and let u know, thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_life_19 View Post
i go to dean and university every once in a while for some fun scaling, not much crawling there but its fun.
bckbmpr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #25
RCC Addict

On the 30th the guys from Colonial Photo and Hobby are going to be heading out there to Dean and University for some trails and mud. We should all go as well. I told them about the club we are starting up and comp ideas and they are interested as well.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

that sounds awsome do u have a club group yet or r u still workin on it?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
RCC Addict

^^^^^. Yes we do. It's CFSC (Central Florida Scalers and Crawlers). I will PM you more about it and if there is anything you want to know just ask. What type of rig are you running again, I don't seem to recall.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Mud life, you have one of the best bashing spots in town in the back of UCF by the practice fields... I go there and bash every time I get the chance... If your a scaler, many times there is great terrain to do scale runs....

For those not familiar with the spot watch my vids. The spot changes frequently so you never know what to expect.. I go and do lots of vids there because of it always changing...

My you tube channel link:
http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=zepolfun4u

Or go to YouTube and search: zepolfun4u

Last edited by Mdlopez1; 10-16-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

^^ i think i know what ur tlkin about it is just piles of dirt and mountain thing, that is where i go right now it is good for playin around but there isnt much too it, if u go out let me know when cause ill meet up with u and bash a little.

and im runnin a ax10 right now but it i blew the axle shafts and the drive shafts today with my new esc and motor so i gotta fix that tommorrow, and im lookin to get a scx10 do u know where the best place is im lookin for the ready to run or a used one that isnt gonna take too much work
Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

and im deffinately game for the CFSC that sounds awsome
Old 10-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Mud, I think one of the easiest rtr to work on and that's great to bash with and easy to fix is the stampede vxl 2wd... Another one people like is the bandit vxl... A bandit is nice because you can run on mild off roads like rally cars or a buggy then swap tires to street and have a street screamer...
Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

i have the bandit(speed and bash), mini revo(speed and bash), and a tc3(drift) so im lookin more into the crawlin and trail runners.

aslo what have u all heard about the dirt tuner 27 turn motor? i was lookin at that at colonial photo and hobby and was wonderin if it was worth runnin or just a knock off junk peice?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Have not tried that motor.. Is that the one Trey have for $100 or so that includes the speed control? I have had such good luck with Traxxas I stick to them. The vxl system is great in my pede and I run dual 775s in my summit... No complaints with those motors...
Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

@mud... if you're looking for a scx10, i'd recommend looking real hard at the honcho. Even rtr it ain't to shabby right out of the box. Most of the LHSs have em on sale right now, otherwise rpphobby tends to have better prices than most other online shops.

As for motors... if you're planning on flogging them the way most of the other scalers around here do (like AsILayDying), I would opt for a cheaper rebuildable 35T like the Integy lathes. That way you can clean it out and hopefully extend its lifespan a bit, but if you completely burn it up, it doesn't hurt your pocket as much.
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #35
RCC Addict

I agree with Version, the SCX10 Honcho RTR is awesome out of the box. With a few minor mods for free it can trail and crawl pretty darn good. Plus there are a lot of mods you can do for very cheap, weighted wheels, cut foams, battery placement, waterproofing electronics.

Just come out there this Sunday and run my SCX10's, get an idea what they are and how you can change them. But believe me I beat the snot out of them, hence some of the pictures of burnt motors and blown out bodies. And I will add you to the list of CFSC, welcome.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

yeah im deffinately gettin the honcho but im not sure if i wanna build my own out of the chassis kit and my ax10 but ill have to get new links and stuff so idk if i wanna get the kit and put my own electronics in it that way i have the crawler and the scaler, anybody do the conversion?
Old 02-03-2015, 04:00 AM   #37

Default Re: where in orlando ????

I live out in groveland. There is an abandoned neighborhood that was never finished being develped. There is a huge 20 foot clay mound about 100 feet long. Sure to bring some challanges crawling.
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote