Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: My F-OFF rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Official Cook of the ECC

Default My F-OFF rig

Couple of teaser pics. Had a build thread up but lost it in the outage. Need to trim the excess off the bottom of the grill but is too late tonight. I'll hack it in the morning.

Look for a build thread this weekend sometime.

Mandatory flex shot, this is with it set as full droop.

Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, looking good. What motor, esc do you have in it?
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Official Cook of the ECC

MambaMax and 4600KV Castle motor.

Need a tranny for it. Looking for an Axial tranny for it now.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Looking for new Trails

Looks good...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The grill came out great Matt

txt me or something to remind me to look for a tranny with steel gears for you. I think I have 2 or 3 full steel setups. I can not remember if I sold the other two I had or if they are still in my parts box.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

You know a B2, T2, B3, T3 or B4, T4 tranny would work also.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
On that note a rusty\pede\bandit tranny with a glued planetary should work as well.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
The grill came out great Matt

txt me or something to remind me to look for a tranny with steel gears for you. I think I have 2 or 3 full steel setups. I can not remember if I sold the other two I had or if they are still in my parts box.
Look if you have a chance. I need to find a long MIP shaft as well.

The grill is from my Jeep hybrid. One of the mounting spots tore on the body at ECC so here it is. I am making a new grill with the proper amount of openings to go with the new body for the Jeep. I will be narrowing this body and grill next for this rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
A plus since a slipper is standard. A pain to work with the dogbone setup on the tranny vs what is needed to run a driveshaft though. I have adapters I made to use the AE trannies I use to run but it won't last with the speeds this will see.

Quote:
On that note a rusty\pede\bandit tranny with a glued planetary should work as well.
Possible but big as hell. If you trim it at all it can make it prone to flexing at the pinion/spur. Use to run them before the Axial was around.

Axial will be my 1st choice due to it being setup for an Axial already, I used the tranny out of my Jeep for mockup. I used an R2D during the runs after the comp on Saturday and the tranny didn't last long.

Last edited by Scattman; 05-12-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I know I have 2 txt-1 trannys (saw them last night), one with a gd-600, nice and small for ya

If I can bring myself to go into the cave tonight I'll have a look for a spare axial tranny. I'm kinda avoiding that room after Monday nights mishap though....
Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I just got home and dug around for ya. I only have one axial tranny with steel gears, I need to hold onto that for my scaler.

I have one axial tranny with stock gears, no output shafts, and one stripped hole in the motor plate (screwed on a trade) it probably does you no good that way though...

I have an R2HD and those txt trannys. Let me know if you would like the r2hd or the not really a tranny axial tranny and I can get it shipped to you Saturday.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
I just got home and dug around for ya. I only have one axial tranny with steel gears, I need to hold onto that for my scaler.

I have one axial tranny with stock gears, no output shafts, and one stripped hole in the motor plate (screwed on a trade) it probably does you no good that way though...

I have an R2HD and those txt trannys. Let me know if you would like the r2hd or the not really a tranny axial tranny and I can get it shipped to you Saturday.

I think I may have some stock outputs. If you need them Matt I'll take a look for them.
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #12
RCC Addict

looks good matt
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotboy View Post
I think I may have some stock outputs. If you need them Matt I'll take a look for them.
That combo would get me there. I will most likely make a new, thicker plate and be looking for heavy duty outdrives. I still need to locate a male MIP long CVD shaft to replace the short. Those are all that is left. I was able to piece together enough stuff for a 32 pitch conversion.

DickyT, I have a BEC if ya need one. I also have a 7955 that just needs the only non ti gear in it. I can go ahead and order it, it was only a few bucks.

I am sure there are enough electronics scattered around FL to get you up and running.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I ordered 2 bec's today. I found the 7950 I broke last year and will rob the circuit board from it.

I have a spare fxr (was gonna be scalers). So the comp rig should be ok by next weekend

PM me a shipping address for you and I will send you that axial tranny. It's not much but is yours, I have no need for it right now.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
That combo would get me there. I will most likely make a new, thicker plate and be looking for heavy duty outdrives. I still need to locate a male MIP long CVD shaft to replace the short. Those are all that is left. I was able to piece together enough stuff for a 32 pitch conversion.

DickyT, I have a BEC if ya need one. I also have a 7955 that just needs the only non ti gear in it. I can go ahead and order it, it was only a few bucks.

I am sure there are enough electronics scattered around FL to get you up and running.
I have the plastic gear for a 7950, if that will interchange with the 7955 its yours.Let me know.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
I ordered 2 bec's today. I found the 7950 I broke last year and will rob the circuit board from it.

I have a spare fxr (was gonna be scalers). So the comp rig should be ok by next weekend

PM me a shipping address for you and I will send you that axial tranny. It's not much but is yours, I have no need for it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
I have the plastic gear for a 7950, if that will interchange with the 7955 its yours.Let me know.
Nope. Don't worry about it, I'll get one.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
Official Cook of the ECC

Rig simply worked today.

Put Maxx shafts on it and they held up great today. Also went back to the 4600 kv Castle motor. Wheelspeed to spare.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
Also went back to the 4600 kv Castle motor. Wheelspeed to spare.

No such thing as wheel speed to spare!!!!!!
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote