Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: new scaler course in Palm Beach County

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Here are some pic's of GST's scaler, airboat and trailer. Good job RG.

stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Been trying to do work on the scaler section, FREAKING rain. Every time i head out after work, it starts to rain. I mean RAIN. Hopefully saturday.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Well Im in the Orlando area and I could maybe get some people to come down there for some good crawling. Maybe a friendly little comp too..... anyways let me know what your ideas for when and where would be. Would also be willing to help set up if need be. Thanks
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Been trying to do work on the scaler section, FREAKING rain. Every time i head out after work, it starts to rain. I mean RAIN. Hopefully saturday.
trust me i know it! we need the rain but its not always fun when you work outside

I had my rig all ready to go to meet up Sunday and when i checked the thread i saw you guys meet up 9-12 and I thought it was after 12
Oh well I got some new 3S Lipos and I'm ready for next week. I get off work early for the rest of this week so I'm going to try and take the jeep out on some of the many walking trails and construction areas around Jupiter sometime this week

Awesome pix BTW, feel free to give me a call if you need a hand diggin out there
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Well Im in the Orlando area and I could maybe get some people to come down there for some good crawling. Maybe a friendly little comp too..... anyways let me know what your ideas for when and where would be. Would also be willing to help set up if need be. Thanks
That would be awesome, i would love to do a G6 and eventually a TTC meet up.

has anyone ever done a successful large FL scale comp?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Nope, times are 9am or so, till around 3pm.
Don't know about a large state scale comp.
See ya sunday.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

cant wait!
Ran the jeep out in the preserve walking trail near Juno on 3S. lots of fun in the sand, great low end grunt and ok speed. Since it needs a bit more bashing speed I Just finished a Series adapter for my 2s so I'm going to try 14.8v in a minute if that's not enough Ill try a smaller spur gear.
Running stock spur, 14T pinion, Sidewinder V1, and a Brood Apocalypse HHK R/T 35t.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

cool, sounds like you're getting it there. You might want to try a 16t pinion for a little more speed. What ever you decide to do keep an eye on you're motor and esc temp.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Headin out early in the morning to try to get the scaler course back up and running. Freaking rain, Yes i know we all need it, but it really screws up soft and sandy ground. Well will see what the morning brings."th umbsup".
Old 08-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Had fun out there guys! And guess what, I came home and fixed the reverse stutter in 2 seconds . I guess I was right and messed up a setting in the radio because once I deleted the SCX settings from memory it worked like a champ and seem to have more power in fwd and rev . see you guys in 2 weeks
Old 08-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Any time you would like to come down would be fine as long as it's one of the regular days we comp. 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month. We hold crawler comps around 10 am, then we can do scaler comps after.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Had fun out there guys! And guess what, I came home and fixed the reverse stutter in 2 seconds . I guess I was right and messed up a setting in the radio because once I deleted the SCX settings from memory it worked like a champ and seem to have more power in fwd and rev . see you guys in 2 weeks
Glad to here you figured out the problem. See ya then.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Finally got the summit trans installed.having hi and low gear is AWESOME , but that trans is HUGE . I wont be able to run an interior anymore that's for sure. also got the winch working of an old losi mini ESC till the heyok winch controller gets here.now I just need to make a decision on tires, I'm torn between 1.9 Interco Irocs and Mickey Thompson Baja claws. Not sure if the performance is different between the 2.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Finally got the summit trans installed.having hi and low gear is AWESOME , but that trans is HUGE . I wont be able to run an interior anymore that's for sure. also got the winch working of an old losi mini ESC till the heyok winch controller gets here.now I just need to make a decision on tires, I'm torn between 1.9 Interco Irocs and Mickey Thompson Baja claws. Not sure if the performance is different between the 2.
Great, glad to here all is going well. You should post some pic's of the trans on here. As far as the tires go, I don't think it really matters at this point. Just check the height of the tires, If there are close, it's up to you. .
Old 08-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Here are some pic's of last Sunday.

Were have a blast ."thumbsup ".
Old 08-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

sweet, thanks for the upload John!, and I see the recovery of my XJ is the first vid
Old 08-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

No problem, glad you liked it along with the rest of them..
Old 08-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Am getting more there in order . Was pretty cool once you start moving things around am sure it will look even better.

Well did so searching and found this for you

G6 Rules

What is the R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge?

The RECON G6 Challenge is an r/c 4x4 scale rally with several mandatory skills sections. The G6 will challenge the scale r/c drivers driving ability, winching skills and/or recovery skills, navigational prowess, and the rig durability.

The G6 is a cross between rally, European truck trials, and the KOH with a dash of Camel Trophy adventure.

What is the R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge format?

The G6 format is designed for maximum driving time and fun, but at the same time embraces the spirit of competition.

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Driver Guidelines:

Scale vehicle requirements:

1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be a MSD or a RC4WD or an Axial SCX-10 chassis.

2. 1.9 or 1.55 wheels and tires ONLY! Tire may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing.

3. Vehicle must have at least 5 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, ect.) This requirement may vary from G6 to G6 depending on what the event requires.

4. NO rear steer and NO dig. A vehicle may have 4x4 or 2x4 capabilities.

5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, ect.)

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Stage Format:

When a driver starts a stage, he/she is competing against the clock. A driver must navigate thru the stage gates in the order they are numbered and between the gates, even if winching is required. A time penalty is given for hitting a gate or a boundary. A stage is completed when the driver crosses the finish line.

1. 2 to 4 driving stages with multiple mandatory skills sections in each stage.

2. Finishing order will be determined by the over all accumulative adjusted time of all the driving stages. For teams, all the times of the team drivers will be added together. Team drivers are all eligible for the overall award.

3. Time bonuses are earned by completing the mandatory skills sections cleanly. If a driver has to winch or hits a boundary or a gate marker, a time bonus will not be awarded and the driver still has to finish the bonus stage.

4. Stages can range in distance. Battery changes may be performed as needed on a stage. If a driver has only one battery and cannot complete the stage, the driver must leave the rig at the location on the stage while the battery is being charged. If the rig is removed from the stage then a DNF will be recorded and the max time given to that driver for the stage.

5 Once a stage has been started by the driver; the time will not stop until the driver has crossed the finish line. This includes repairs on course and in the pit. When the last driver to start a stage crosses the finish line, the stage is closed, if a driver is still on the stage when the stage closes, that driver will receive a DNF and given the max time for the stage.

6. No repairs or battery changes can be made during a skills challenge section. On course repairs can be made at the point of breakage and as long as the stage is still open. If a battery has to be replaced during a special section, than a 5 min penalty will be charged to the driver.

7. Drivers will start at specified intervals; if a driver catches up to a fellow driver, the driver that is being passed, must yield to the faster driver immediately. A driver cannot overtake another driver during a special skill section; the faster driver must wait at the start of the skills section until the slower driver exits said section.
8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 5 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

9. No repairs can be made between stages. After a driver completes a stage, his/her vehicle will be impounded until the start of the next stage. A designated pit area will be provided to do all needed repairs before the next stage while the time is running.

10. The running order will be G6 specific. It may be luck of the draw or running order may be assigned by the last G6 times. Stage Buddy’s will be assigned in a similar manner.

A Stage buddy is a driver’s stage marshal. He or she will be on the stage with the driver marking time penalties or time bonus and if the driver does not have a winch, the stage buddy will use the penalty winch to recover or assist the driver’s vehicle. After the driver completes his stage, then the stage buddy and the driver switch roles. At no time will the stage buddy assist a driver with navigating the stage. A stage buddy is not a co-driver. G6 team drivers will not be a stage buddy for a team member. Team members may or may not be allowed to help navigate a fellow team driver. That will be deemed by the G6 event.

Time Penalties:

Hitting a gate marker will result in a 1:00 min time penalty.

Hitting any stage boundary will result in a 5 min. penalty.

Using the penalty winch will result in a 3 min penalty.

Time Bonuses:

Completing a time bonus section cleanly a driver will receive a 3 minute time bonus. If a driver has to winch, hits the boundary, or has to make a repair or battery change in the section, no time bonus will be awarded and any penalties will be charged.

Time bonus sections will have a specific color boundary and have a stage gate at the beginning and end of the section, but may involve more than two gates.

Stage Gates:

A stage will be marked with gates. The gates are used to define a stage and the color of the gate will define the intended direction of the gate. A gate consists of two flags; on yellow and one red. The red flag is always on the passenger side of the rig, unless other wise noted.

A rig must drive between the stage gates and all 4 tires must be inside the stage gates for progression, even if winching is required to successfully clear the gate. There is no straddling a stage gate to progress.

A stage gate can only be driven in the intended direction! A driver CANNOT drive thru a stage gate and then reverse back through it to continue on the stage.

A stage gate may also have special skill instructions attached to them. The driver and the stage buddy are responsible for making sure all special skills are performed for the stage.

Special Skill Sections:

A special skill section will have boundaries and be marked by a specific color.

A special skill section can be a task such as changing a tire and running the section using the spare tire or using a winch to perform a task. A special section can be driving in snow, ice, mud, water, and sand, up hill, down hill or in reverse.

Thanks MINI for the G6 rules..
Old 08-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Hope you guys that requested the R.E.C.O.N G6 comp's are ready. I have been reading and pondering the rules and requirements. The obstacles i will be adding are going to thrill ya. The only downfall is you're going to have to wait till the 3rd Sunday of Sep. .

Last edited by stelerzman; 08-30-2011 at 04:46 PM.