Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Central Florida, looking to Crawl but Im NEW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

yeah I just looked up Superior; it's like 5 minutes from where I'll be while I'm in town so I'm calling them tomorrow on my lunch break

might ask them what they would recommend for a cheap brushless ESC and motor combo too, since I believe this one is giving up the ghost

here's a link to the shafts

not sure if they're 2wd or 4wd specific

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJH85&P=ML
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

YAAAAY

found the pro-pak on their web site. SAYS they're in stock, but that's probably not talking about physically in their store... at least now I have the part number for the kit to ask them about when I call them

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...&id=TRA1953!SH
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Hey I looked it up before you had posted but if you need to after they call and they confirm having them I can go get them to make sure you have a set for the weekend. I pass there on the way home from work. It will also give me a reason to stop by and buy something that I dont need like a set of 2.2 TSL's
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

well, I kinda want to go up there anyway, because I'll probably end up getting a new ESC and motor at the same time...

but I appreciate it
Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 AM   #125
RCC Addict

I dont know what you plan on spending on an ESC and motor. What is your plan, are you going brushless.... if not I would highly suggest HH BR-XL and some handwound 35t or 45t motor and run 3s or 4s LiPos and you would be good to go.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #126
Quarry Creeper

well now I may not NEED to get a new ECS by Sunday

need some help diagnosing this electrical issue - VIDEO

I'm charging my 6 cell right now to plug into it this afternoon and see what happens. If it works fine again back on the 6 cell, then I'll run the old ECS this Sunday, but I'm back to having only one battery again, lol. So I might be test running your 2s lipos anyway

I just got off the phone with Superior and they have 2 packs of the shafts in stock, so I should be good to go on that end
Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
I'm charging my 6 cell right now to plug into it this afternoon and see what happens. If it works fine again back on the 6 cell, then I'll run the old ECS this Sunday, but I'm back to having only one battery again, lol. So I might be test running your 2s lipos anyway
Unless they sell before then, I can bring out my 6cell packs - one is a 4200mah stick, and I have 2 1500mah saddle packs. I just need to make a traxxas>deans adapter for the stick pack
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #128
RCC Addict

@superbleeder I may have some other NiMh batteries you can use as well. Ill bring my 2 chargers as well, they both are AC/DC so Ill plug them into the car so we can run for a good time...... Thats what this community is all about. Making sure we can all enjoy the fun of crawlin
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

well I just got my ESC reprogrammed, and just had to turn off the lipo cut off works GREAT now! I'm about to put everything back together now, even though I can't drive it until I get the shafts on Saturday, lol

with these 7 cells being able to charge in 45 minutes with this 4 amp charger, and them being 3300MAH packs, I should be able to go non stop if I have one charging off my truck battery while I'm running the other one so I should be good to go!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Well just as a fail safe I have 2 more 7 cells nimh traxxas batts. 3000mah and 3300mah with a traxxas to deans connector.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

lol, okay

got everything packed up for the trip and I'm ready to make the drive into town tomorrow afternoon found a nice duffel bag under my bed that the box of spare parts and tools I have fit into nicely on the bottom, the truck sits on top of it, the transmitter sits off to the side, has pockets for my batteries and chargers, and it zips up nicely, like I've done this before or something
Old 09-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #132

Default new parts!!!!

It looks like I will be coming out to Sanford on sunday, I just got my new dig put together, now I need to assemble this pile of parts that used to be my rig! I will get everything together saturday. I am looking forward to putting it on the rocks! I will bring my Wheely King and a couple of batteries for it too. Hey Matt, I will pickup the sidewinder on sunday, Sorry I have not returned your message,work has bee kicking my ass. I will send k20man a message and see if he will come also.
orlandocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #133
Rock Crawler

No worries man, I just replied to your PM too. Think you wanna try out my berg this time? JK man. Cya out there
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

relax'n in Casselberry tonight

getting up at about 10 or so to head over to Superior to get my drive shafts, and then run a battery that I have at half charge down in the yard so I can have it fully recharged come Sunday
Old 09-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #135
RCC Addict

Man this Sunday is really looking like its gonna be a great get together. Really lookin forward to it. Have to make sure the cameras are charged so we can get some great shots of everyones rig. Tonight will be a long night of makin sure all the rigs are ready to go. For some reason I always bring more stuff then is really needed. Im gonna bring the VXL Stampede, Slash 4x4 Platinum, and both SCX10's (Rubiconcho, and Dingo) might bring the 1/16 Rally as well.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

ironic running into you at Superior this morning, lol. the Traxxas shafts snapped into place PERFECTLY! me and pops took it out for a test drive by a pond and then in some sand. the rig got nasty, but the drive shafts seem like they're going to hold up! and I sank it in the pond, so the water proofing seems to be good to go

Sent from my space age wireless communication device.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #137
Pebble Pounder

Try to be there running late... Maybe 10 1030 if possible
Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #138

Default Re: Central Florida, looking to Crawl but Im NEW

my name is brandon i live in deltona, i was trying to find out how to get into the scale hobby, really interested in finding out how to build my own from scratch. im currently at work right now but its raining
bbriggs6212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #139
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the forum Brandon. This is a really old thread and you probably won't get much response. Look in the Florida section. There are some that live in your area you could probably hook up with.

Also there are monthly events at New Red Hobbies in Ocala. It's a bit of a drive but worth it if you are interested in the hobby.

Good luck
fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #140
Looking for new Trails

Very old thread check in this same section just look at more updated threads you will get a lot more info and more responses.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the scale community...

We have a once a month event every third Sunday of the month at NewRed Hobbies in Ocala, FL.
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote