Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Map!

Hey guys. I added them to the big map!

Crawling locations
Whiplashdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

There is a spot called " The Pit". It is across the street from 5920 Strickland ave. Lakeland, FL

It is a ball field park.

Thank you
Cory
fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Anyone ever drive KennyJ's spot in Wildwood? It looks like a buisiness/private property. It's right down the street from me but I don't want to get arrested or anything.
FloridaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #45

Hey everyone. I would like to invite you to take a look at RC Rock Crawl- and consider adding your club information. We are hoping to create a visual and searchable website for all RC Rock Crawling clubs, events and locations in hopes of allowing new people an easier way to find all of us.
smartin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #46

A great spot in the Hudson area is Aripeka Sandhills Preserve!
18000 Aripeka Rd, Hudson, FL 34667
yetinoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #47

Me and the wife just spent 3 hours in Florida Caverns State Park in Mariana. I tell ya there is some really awesome crawling in there i think. We had a blast.
Summitbasher90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #48

Google maps comes up with the wrong location for 13330 morris bridge rd, the park is Morris Bridge Park.
jweiss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:43 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

28°09'55.9"N 80°39'24.2"W

Wickham Park, Melbourne FL.
Nice hiking/biking trail with sandy and rocky hills. Small creek in that area too, along with the ponds there as well.
flascx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #50

Is this map still relevant? I am moving to florida soon and would like to use this as a basis on where I can go to crawl. Thanks.
mrbuggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 AM   #51
RCC Addict

I'm pretty sure most of those spots are still good. There's a few missing that I know of. Looks like the FL map hasn't been updated in a long time tho.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

Where in Florida are you moving to?
Dave_In_Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #53

We are looking in the Ocala area. Citra as of right now. We wanna be out but close enough to drive to decent jobs shopping all that stuff. And we found some land that my wife found some land she fell in love with so we are talking with them now.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #54
Rock Stacker

That's a nice area, depending on what kind of work you do. It's great to live in, but jobs can be limited.

If you don't mind driving a couple of hours, Ocala is within driving distance of some great trail spots and a couple of good crawling spots.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_In_Florida View Post
That's a nice area, depending on what kind of work you do. It's great to live in, but jobs can be limited.

If you don't mind driving a couple of hours, Ocala is within driving distance of some great trail spots and a couple of good crawling spots.
I do I.T. work but have had lots of experience in other areas. My wife is a nurse. We were considering we'd have to drive 30 min to gainesville to work so that's not too bad. And the property we found is what I like to call "Old florida land" It just has that look of what I think florida looked like unsettled. Palm trees moss has a little bit of swampy land at the edge lol. I love that look. Even though I know I'll have to have a fence to keep the gators at bay lol.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #56
Rock Stacker

Orlando isn't TOO far of a drive either with the Turnpike. I'm also a nurse, which is handy knowing I can move pretty much anywhere in the country and have a job the next week LOL. Post up when you get settled, and we'll meet up and show you around.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_In_Florida View Post
Orlando isn't TOO far of a drive either with the Turnpike. I'm also a nurse, which is handy knowing I can move pretty much anywhere in the country and have a job the next week LOL. Post up when you get settled, and we'll meet up and show you around.
That's cool. Yeah we love that fact too. If I wasn't so old I'd prolly go get my degree for nursing lol. We're really siked to get down there and get set up. I been working on my crawler today and still can't solve my problem as of right now so I guess it's back to the original with it till I can get some axles to get it going. But I really look forward to meeting everyone and getting some tiny truck time in.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:28 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCrawler View Post
Anyone ever drive KennyJ's spot in Wildwood? It looks like a buisiness/private property. It's right down the street from me but I don't want to get arrested or anything.
I live in the forest near Istachatta. I was interested in KennyJ's spot too as it is the closest to me and currently just been playing in my woods.

Did you ever hear anything about this spot? Find anywhere really neat to crawl? Thanks!
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:38 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
I live in the forest near Istachatta. I was interested in KennyJ's spot too as it is the closest to me and currently just been playing in my woods.

Did you ever hear anything about this spot? Find anywhere really neat to crawl? Thanks!
I went by Kenny J's spot a few weeks back. It's a place that sells Florida field stone. There's not any actual crawl spot there. Don't know if they will let you crawl there or not. Another 15 mins up the road you have The Santos Tiny Truck Trail (my favorite spot) and also Scale Mountain RC Park (old RRW). There's also Scrawlerz in Inverness. I've never been there, but know a few guys that have. They said it was a good time there. Let me know if and when you're thinking about coming up this way. Maybe I can join you for some crawling. If you wanna see what the Santos trail or Scale Mountain is like. I have a few videos from both places on my YouTube channel Low Budget RC.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
I went by Kenny J's spot a few weeks back. It's a place that sells Florida field stone. There's not any actual crawl spot there. Don't know if they will let you crawl there or not. Another 15 mins up the road you have The Santos Tiny Truck Trail (my favorite spot) and also Scale Mountain RC Park (old RRW). There's also Scrawlerz in Inverness. I've never been there, but know a few guys that have. They said it was a good time there. Let me know if and when you're thinking about coming up this way. Maybe I can join you for some crawling. If you wanna see what the Santos trail or Scale Mountain is like. I have a few videos from both places on my YouTube channel Low Budget RC.
I live in the Withlacoochie state forest. been crawling around my yard but no natural water here. I got a bunch of concrete chunks and logs and made a tiny course. i need to expand. Inverness is really close to me. Do you have an address for them? Santos might be interesting too. I don't see it on the map. Do you have more details? Thanks and keep crawling!
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote