Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Dec 3rd or 4th at Hoggetowne .........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

After a 20 minute scouting session at the creek.
Attached Images

kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
After a 20 minute scouting session at the creek.

Truck looks good kenny
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Thanks. It's coming along. I just ordered some new rims.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

What is the R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge?

The RECON G6 Challenge is an r/c 4x4 scale rally with several mandatory skills sections. The G6 will challenge the scale r/c drivers driving ability, winching skills and/or recovery skills, navigational prowess, and the rig durability.

The G6 is a cross between rally, European truck trials, and the KOH with a dash of Camel Trophy adventure.

What is the R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge format?

The G6 format is designed for maximum driving time and fun, but at the same time embraces the spirit of competition.

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Driver Guidelines:

Scale vehicle requirements:

1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be a MSD or a RC4WD or an Axial SCX-10 chassis.

2. 1.9, 1.55, or 2.2 wheels and tires ONLY! Tire may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing.

3. Vehicle must have at least 5 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, ect.) This requirement may vary from G6 to G6 depending on what the event requires.

4. NO rear steer and NO dig. A vehicle may have 4x4 or 2x4 capabilities.

5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, ect.)

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Stage Format:

When a driver starts a stage, he/she is competing against the clock. A driver must navigate thru the stage gates in the order they are numbered and between the gates, even if winching is required. A time penalty is given for hitting a gate or a boundary. A stage is completed when the driver crosses the finish line.

1. 2 to 4 driving stages with multiple mandatory skills sections in each stage.

2. Finishing order will be determined by the over all accumulative adjusted time of all the driving stages. For teams, all the times of the team drivers will be added together. Team drivers are all eligible for the overall award.

3. Time bonuses are earned by completing the mandatory skills sections cleanly. If a driver has to winch or hits a boundary or a gate marker, a time bonus will not be awarded and the driver still has to finish the bonus stage.

4. Stages can range in distance. Battery changes may be performed as needed on a stage. If a driver has only one battery and cannot complete the stage, the driver must leave the rig at the location on the stage while the battery is being charged. If the rig is removed from the stage then a DNF will be recorded and the max time given to that driver for the stage.

5 Once a stage has been started by the driver; the time will not stop until the driver has crossed the finish line. This includes repairs on course and in the pit. When the last driver to start a stage crosses the finish line, the stage is closed, if a driver is still on the stage when the stage closes, that driver will receive a DNF and given the max time for the stage.

6. No repairs or battery changes can be made during a skills challenge section. On course repairs can be made at the point of breakage and as long as the stage is still open. If a battery has to be replaced during a special section, than a 5 min penalty will be charged to the driver.

7. Drivers will start at specified intervals; if a driver catches up to a fellow driver, the driver that is being passed, must yield to the faster driver immediately. A driver cannot overtake another driver during a special skill section; the faster driver must wait at the start of the skills section until the slower driver exits said section.
8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 5 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

9. No repairs can be made between stages. After a driver completes a stage, his/her vehicle will be impounded until the start of the next stage. A designated pit area will be provided to do all needed repairs before the next stage while the time is running.

10. The running order will be G6 specific. It may be luck of the draw or running order may be assigned by the last G6 times. Stage Buddy’s will be assigned in a similar manner.

A Stage buddy is a driver’s stage marshal. He or she will be on the stage with the driver marking time penalties or time bonus and if the driver does not have a winch, the stage buddy will use the penalty winch to recover or assist the driver’s vehicle. After the driver completes his stage, then the stage buddy and the driver switch roles. At no time will the stage buddy assist a driver with navigating the stage. A stage buddy is not a co-driver. G6 team drivers will not be a stage buddy for a team member. Team members may or may not be allowed to help navigate a fellow team driver. That will be deemed by the G6 event.

Time Penalties:

Hitting a gate marker will result in a 1:00 min time penalty.

Hitting any stage boundary will result in a 5 min. penalty.

Using the penalty winch will result in a 3 min penalty.

Time Bonuses:

Completing a time bonus section cleanly a driver will receive a 3 minute time bonus. If a driver has to winch, hits the boundary, or has to make a repair or battery change in the section, no time bonus will be awarded and any penalties will be charged.

Time bonus sections will have a specific color boundary and have a stage gate at the beginning and end of the section, but may involve more than two gates.

Stage Gates:

A stage will be marked with gates. The gates are used to define a stage and the color of the gate will define the intended direction of the gate. A gate consists of two flags; on yellow and one red. The red flag is always on the passenger side of the rig, unless other wise noted.

A rig must drive between the stage gates and all 4 tires must be inside the stage gates for progression, even if winching is required to successfully clear the gate. There is no straddling a stage gate to progress.

A stage gate can only be driven in the intended direction! A driver CANNOT drive thru a stage gate and then reverse back through it to continue on the stage.

A stage gate may also have special skill instructions attached to them. The driver and the stage buddy are responsible for making sure all special skills are performed for the stage.

Special Skill Sections:

A special skill section will have boundaries and be marked by a specific color.

A special skill section can be a task such as changing a tire and running the section using the spare tire or using a winch to perform a task. A special section can be driving in snow, ice, mud, water, and sand, up hill, down hill or in reverse.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

oh good, so it doesn't matter if the tires are modified by removing lugs

but I'm lacking a few scale accessories... only have the cooler, light bar, and blanket... unless the CB antenna and spare tire counts, then I'm set

the having no winch thing just might kill me though
iamsuperbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

A winch is a must. You will need it. It sounds like you are good for accessories.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

well damn... I'll have to see what I can do... don't think I can mount one to my current bumper setup, BUT I might be able to rig up a custom servo winch setup on the cheap that'll still be very effective, although not wireless or anything since I only have a 2 channel radio system
Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #28
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying
Scattman, would this be at the park where we met you first, by the rocks. Just curious. And I assume the STANDARD G6 rules apply? Guess I have to go read them and make sure my rigs are good to go.

This would be at Hoggetowne Creek, not the comp spot. Not gonna stress with the rules much on this first go-round, really trying to test the time needed to get down some sections of the creek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj
Do we need the 5 scale accesories?

Not for this one, the others to follow................yes.

8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 5 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

I think for this round you can get away with it but it would be something I would start looking in to so that the next event you will have it...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #29

I was just out there the other day myself.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...rchive-69.html

Pics there.

I might go out there just to take pics.

The other side of the greenway was some different terrain if you stay off the boardwalk.

Last edited by GameOverRG; 11-15-2011 at 08:10 PM.
GameOverRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOverRG View Post
I was just out there the other day myself.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...rchive-69.html

Pics there.

I might go out there just to take pics.

The other side of the greenway was some different terrain if you stay off the boardwalk.

You must be running boggers now.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #31
Official Cook of the ECC

While scouting a new creekbed Kenny and I found some cut Bogger tracks left behind by someone.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #32

Running uncut stock hammers or uncut Imex Rubicons. Ive been down every path on that side.

One of the rubicons come unglued after hitting the half pipe a few times at the park.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

wasn't me; I'm sure my cut Bogger tracks have long since washed away since the last time I was down there, lol
Old 11-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Less than 2 weeks. Y'all ready? Matt, you wanna call it Sunday, the 4th?
Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Got my no drift winch controller today.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

fancy shmancy winch...

hell I got my servo winch working and I'm stoked not super strong, but should be good enough to get the truck out of a tight squeeze

don't be hate'n, I'm cheap

Old 11-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #37

I cant run regardless since my truck does not meet the requirements plus my steering servo is to weak and tired and sucks.

Providing I have a way over there Im willing to take pics . If it is on Sat I will have car access but not sure on Sunday just yet.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #38
Looking for new Trails

We are not going by any rule for this run just having fun and trying to get idea's on time... So you can run but the servo thing can't help there...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Yes, we will be following rules....Just not too hard on the truck tech, this time.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
RCC Addict

So is it the 3rd or the 4th? just trying to set the plans now for the comp.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote