cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Default Re: CFSC: Build N' BBQ GTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
im definitly coming and yea i remember your battery box lol
You are definately coming to the 1-8-12 Build day or did you mean you are coming to New Red this Sunday (12-18-11). Just checking.....lol
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #43
Looking for new Trails

OK for the Sunday test and tune at NEWREDS YES THERE WILL BE POWER TABLES AND THE SHOP WILL BE OPEN....

i will be setting up the sled for testing and the road course...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Early Christmas presents. Love the wifey!!!!!!
RTR Wraith and Savox 1268 Servo (347oz/in) 75 bucks. Wraith 339 bucks. Not bad of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone 3GSlow but still works flawlessly.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

WOW ! Marry Christmas Too You.
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Yeah. Wasn't expecting it but I was going in there for the servo anyways. Almost bought the kit but for 50 bucks I get some extra gear. Hell I make my own links anyways. So I just got the RTR. It will get stripped soon anyways. I plan to build a 1.9 wraith on a scx10 chasis and put a new bright JK wrangler body on the wraith. Got some work ahead of me for 2012 lol. Here's the family pic!

They all have good articulation but now I have to go check out the Wraith thread for build ideas. Lol

Old 12-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #47

You'll love that 1268SG! it will literally twist my scx10 frame rails when the tires are bound up.
J&JFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Be advised the Savox 1268 is in fact an amazing servo...... Until you release the magic smoke. Jared knows all about this! Lol

Old 12-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #49
Looking for new Trails

Thank you to all that came out to NR today had fun and glad to put name's to face and meet new people...

Had a blast and need to do some work and tuning...
Old 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Well today myself and a few others went out to New Red to get an idea of what we were facing for this upcoming comp. Myself and a few others have discussed things and have come to a conclusion that we will not be attending this competition as competitors. We may still be going out there to help as needed but right now nothing is definate.

This choice has nothing to do with New Red or Yoda4x4 ( great guy who was very nice and accomidating) This is a decision based on the fact that the course may just be to technical or challenging for our current RIG setups. My Cherokee (SCX10) is designed as a true SCALE Trail Rig, it has a functioning rear spare tire carrier and full bumper with drop hitch. Front Stinger bumper with functional winch as well. My rig appears to be extremely top heavy on this course as I spent more time rolling over and off rocks then anything else. My servo snapped 3 knuckle pins after getting stuck in open holes between rocks, I also broke a pin holding my upper links in place. Honestly dont even know how I did that but chalk it up to...... whatever works I guess.

Long story short we will still be having a Build N' BBQ to get peoples rigs where they want them and since we were out there on the course it may even help. I myself would have to completely rebuild my Cherokee which Im just not ready to do, it actually performs the way I want it to out on the trail.

@yoda4x4, please dont take offense as you were nothing but helpful today but the group of us collectively just would not be able to compete with our current rig setups on the course we saw today. If we can help in any way please dont hesitate to ask.

To those this may concern.... The day of the B N' BBQ we will be discussing current builds, setup questions, rig designs, as well as our ideas for the current location we would like to setup as a TRAIL Run or TTC which will include, tank traps, hill climps, mud pit, suspension bridge, axle twister, tug of war and truck pull as well as a few other things here and there.

Any questions or concerns please post them here.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

^^^^^

Im more of a run what ya brung kinda guy anyways, within reason. IMO as long as it looks like something you would drive then it should be aloud to run but i know rules are rules and such for events but blah, this is why i dont "comp" i want to be able to afford to run not buy all kinds of crap to make it more "scale". which is why i like my back yard and monroe
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
^^^^^

Im more of a run what ya brung kinda guy anyways, within reason. IMO as long as it looks like something you would drive then it should be aloud to run but i know rules are rules and such for events but blah, this is why i dont "comp" i want to be able to afford to run not buy all kinds of crap to make it more "scale". which is why i like my back yard and monroe
Honestly its more of a "Right Rig for the Right Course". I have no issue following rules for a SCALE Comp, hell I have probably 15 or more scale accessories, functioning winch, 1.9 Baja Claws (tallest 1.9 tires for comps) and pretty much anything else that was needed to be SCALE acceptable.

The problem comes down to course layout for me and having the rig dialed in for the course in question. Right now my rig is setup for Real Trail Running, which makes it extremely poor at technical rock crawling. My rear bumper alone causes me major issues on rocks of this type since it catches on everything and hangs me up. Reverse is actually sometimes not even an option since I have a SCALE drop trailer hitch, that just catches everything and makes it very difficult to advance.

Im not disrespecting the New Red course or the people who help build or maintaine it just that its not a good SCALER course.

@RebelRacer, where are you located? We have a spot now that we are going to be modding into more of a true trail truck challenge type course. Its actually back in the woods at a publuc park, we have permission to be there and as long as we arent tearing up the Soccer fields or the actual play equipment area we are good to go. If you are close this may be something you want to check out.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

i know that my new rig is very much tipsy and i dont think ill be even close to a good setup cause im just gettin my built and testing so far i need that weight lower and i cant find a way so im glad the gtg is still planned!!
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_life_19 View Post
i know that my new rig is very much tipsy and i dont think ill be even close to a good setup cause im just gettin my built and testing so far i need that weight lower and i cant find a way so im glad the gtg is still planned!!
Yeah man dont worry about it the GTG is still very much gonna happen. The GTG was always about getting everyone together and discussing ideas for the new year and what we want to do. As far as rig setup I would say build it for Blanchard Park. You know the area back there, and the further we went back, the better it got. Im really wanting to make this year exciting and interesting for those of us who are actually interested in SCALE rigs and Trail Running. The spot out at the park has so much potential its rediculous, basically all I would have to do to hold a Scale Comp there would be put down gate markers. There is already so many natural obstacles (which honestly is as SCALE as it comes) that we would only have to make or build a few things. i love the up and over see-saw at New Red, and the log climb obstacle was very cool as well. These two obstacles are something I would like to replicate some how.

Again for everyone interested in the GTG it will be to repair, modify, change, or actually anything to your rig. We will also be discussing a formal interest in forming a real CFSC Club. No dues or anything stupid like that, but just to get an idea of who wants to help plan out this upcoming year and events and or comps we want to attend. GTG's will be held at different locals each time so that driving wont always be so harsh on people. Finding a good spot centrally located and close to everyone seems pretty impossible but lets accomidate each other, figure out carpooling and or rides to and from comps and such.

Sorry to ramble about this but Im just very motivated to make this coming year something exciting and enjoyable. The Scale Rig, Comp Rig and Rock Racer Rig has been more fun then I have ever had with RC vehicles, and I have owned pretty much every type. The Scale side has taken my addiction to the next level, I now own 2 SCX10's a Brand New Wraith and I am paying off a BERG Comp Rig as I type. The technical part of crawling has amazed me, watching some of the guys like Scattman, Version_three and KennyJ made me want to learn how to drive a comp rig. There is just something about the slow side of RC that has got me intrigued and addicted once again.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

i think the thing with crawling is the slow speed allows u to see exactly how the suspention works!! and it is so cool to see a shock compress and the body stay where it is, i agree it is very addicting and as far as setup im gonna plan for a trail setup and i agree the area we run at is 1) closer and 2) wicked crazy awsome!!!! haha
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #56
Looking for new Trails

Well after seeing how much trouble most of you had and that some were stock and mostly set up for flat ground and mud i have taken all that in to acount...

The cousre will be run but the challange will be in your time and it will not be run like we did today. It will be alot easyer and smother set up so please don't let that get to you and other then that i seen most of you do just fine in all other area's with no problem the rocks are the most challanging part and yes i see that it is right in the middle to much for scalers/trail runners/mudders and not enough for comp crawlers will have to wrok on that over time.....

I hope that all will come out and run the event it will be fun you will not be disappointed in any way and it will have the right amount of challange for the RIG's that are going to be there...

Well lets do this if you all are up for it do the BBQ/BUILD at NEWREDS there is POWER and Tables every were and we can make some changes and set up the cousre for the weekend of the 15th for the rigs we have so that way it will be challanging enough but not over top hard.....
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #57
Rock Stacker

Is the coarse set up for crawlers? Cause if the gate markers are moved to spots tht r challenging but not impossible it would probably be much better(I have not seen the coarse yet). And tht is only one of the bunch of events so it would still benifit us to go for the other events and if we r still doin the gtg so tht is probably gonna be were the desision to go will be made.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #58
Looking for new Trails

Its really just mixed up but when you set up the makers for the course we can make it any way we want and as hard as we want to...
Old 12-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #59
Rock Stacker

Which could totally change the runs and make it do able for a scaler
Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #60
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
^^^^^

The only problem I have seen with RUN WHAT BRUNG is that you dont want a crawler or moa or other to put a scale body on and say I am ready lets go you want to try and make it fare to every one. And I a that has always been a problem at every GTG.