Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: CFSC: Build N' BBQ GTG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: CFSC: Build N' BBQ GTG

I would say the course is a good mix once it is set for the actual comp and markers are thought out and option lines are included along with the scale details like water and mud
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Ok just want to set this straight. It has nothing to do with New Red or Sean. And we are
Not holding our own Scale Comp. yes we will down the road but
Not on this day. My decision was based on the fact that as it sits the course is designed for crawlers and not scalers. My thoughts on a TTC was more like a mud pit, tank trap, truck pull, axle twister , tug of war.

Sent from my iPhone 3GSlow but still works flawlessly.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Ok now that Im home and not typing while driving......

Here it is! Myself, J&J, Zebs, and djblaugh decided to take a trip out to see what the course was like at New Red so we would have a good idea for the comp on the 15th. Course looks cool but is very limited in size and course layout (AS IT SITS CURRENTLY) My idea of a Scale Comp is more like what an everyday off road rig would encounter. The course right now is definately 85% Crawler based. Yes I do understand that the winch will help but if I have to use my winch on more then 3 spots (which I will) Im just not going to even attempt it. To me thats just not fun, I wouldnt do it in my 1:1 either, winching is a "COOL" factor but honestly loses its appeal after doing it twice within 5 minutes of each other.

Sean, dont take anything I say the wrong way. You have been great and accomidating but the course would need a lot of work IMO. I know Im fairly new to the crawling and scale scene but I know what my truck can and cant do. just shy of 3 hours of drive time to get out there and just tumble off rocks over and over again isnt really my idea of fun.

The setup we ran this sunday, start was over a small track bridge (2 planks side by side) straight into a hill climb with very soft dirt, onto a very small bridge. Pretty cool start, then it was down to the left over a bunch of very rough shaped rocks with some very harsh angles. (medium skill) Then around a little dirt hill in soft dirt again and off to the right to some more rocks which was almost impossible for my Cherokee without use of winch. My 2.2 Chisels had a hard time here, out of all 5 of us who went no one could progress through this gate without multiple penlties (advanced skill). Then through approx 5 feet of rocks of all different sizes and shapes to a telephone pole climb (medium skill) but be careful cause it was a long way down and if you fall you will most likely break something or lose a scale item. Top of the pole climb is a 45 degree turn left across a bridge of telephone poles with PVC in the center (easy skill) to a 90 degree turn right to a downward ladder cut pieces of would that alternate shape and size ( medium skill) to a 60 degree turn right onto another telephone pole straight, then 90 degree turn right to a bunch more rocks. Clear the rocks and go a tad left on loose dirt to a small trench then back right to finish on MORE ROCKS!!!

To me this is not a Scale course, Im not angry with anyone or frustrated with New Red. Just curious where the actual SCALE Course is..... I can understand a few rocks on the trail here and there but to me this was just not it. Now if this course we were on this past Sunday is nothing like what we will be seeing then thats another story and it should have been said while we were there. Honestly I would love to come support the shop (very cool Hobby Shop) but its very costly to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back.

Thinking about the over all picture the area is somewhat small but still managable for a comp. The park we run at is by no means the end all spot. But it does have a lot of different challenges and they are all natural. Hill climbs, which New Red really does not have. The hill climb spot my Cherokee actually jumped it.

Again Im not disrespecting or bashing Im just constructively commenting about what we saw and what we were expecting.
These videos are more of what I was expecting or want to do as a comp.

http://youtu.be/sab9U-i-4hU

http://youtu.be/NynUnJfY-NI

http://youtu.be/iYH5Xo3OUog

http://youtu.be/_f0JQI2HarI

http://youtu.be/xkjG_ms6Q5I

Last edited by AsILayDying; 12-19-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #64

I would have to agree i had a vary hard time and my truck is a AX-10 with a scale body on it. The big holes between the rock that you just fall into was a big problem.i was getting so bound up a winch was not going to get me out.lets try moving some of those rocks out of that middle section with more of a open path with some angles along the way.for starters
zebs toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #65
Pebble Pounder

So what's the plan for the BBQ it's coming up quick
Old 12-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
So what's the plan for the BBQ it's coming up quick
Nothing has changed, we will still be holding the Build N' BBQ for preperation purposes. I might not be attending the comp but I can still help people get thier rigs running the way they want and or fix something if need be.

Its gonna be at Zebs place. He has a complete area for us to build on rigs, with tools like welders as well. He also has an area behind his house that is off road trail like. They have been building and working on this area and putting in obstacles like TTC events. This is a great area to test out your current setup and then be able to fix or mod to get better performance.

If anyone has any questions just PM me and if I know the answer or if I can get the answer I will.

Happy Holidays all..... Hope everyone gets a Scale Truck under the tree (I know it most likely wont happen but would be really cool) atleast a Mamba Max Pro ESC in the stocking. Wonder if RPP has a GIFT REGISTRY I can sign up for after the holidays. This will come in handy for B-Days and other times when gifts are involved.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

I got my car and esc for Christmas haha
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #68

i wish that just might change the way i feal about Christmas
zebs toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #69

got to order my front bumper and fender flares from rpp...also got the cash to get the winch and other stuffs from graves and/or superior.
sneakymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Got some cash, and got a robinson racing steel idler and 1 piece out drive gear, a set of 2.2 tsl's, and 2 new 3s lipos all ordered from rpp and hobby partz respectively on the way. Should be bullet proof and ready to beat on here shortly.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #71
Pebble Pounder

I got a set of micro sct to bash with my daughter and a nice work station so I don't have to use the kitchen table anymore plus I'm ordering all my parts tonight any suggestions on a good winch bumper for the honcho
Old 12-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #72

well i hope noone else was planning on getting the last tenth scale winch from superior...they have some eighth scale winches left though.
this is the winch bumper i have coming...

DH Fabrication SCX10 P/L Cherokee Comanche Deluxe Front Bumper w/o stinger
sneakymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

i know that cp&h had the rc4wd red heavy duty ones for 35.00 (steel cable and nice hook and comes with extra motor too).
droppedls4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

I'm ordering the rc4wd bulldog 9300 wireless winch djblue had one and I really liked how if looked and worked now I'm just looking at bumper options now
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Got some scale stuff for Christmas' check it out. Green E.B. Still want to make it to the GTG and meet everyone.
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

does anyone know what time we r gonna meet up at the shop in deland?? and if that is still the location
Old 12-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_life_19 View Post
does anyone know what time we r gonna meet up at the shop in deland?? and if that is still the location
What shop are you talking about. We are going to Zebs house in Deland but we can meet here in the Altimonte area and all ride out together. We should start a list of who is def going. I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone 3GSlow but still works flawlessly.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #78
Rock Stacker

Ok sorry got confused on the house or shop part and hell yes I'm in!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #79
Pebble Pounder

I'm still in
Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #80
Rock Stacker

my pede will have a new motor and speed controller tomorrow!!!! (STOKED) and Ill be putting the scx back together also, I always forget to order lipos when I got extra cash and end up buying something else. owell, whats the date you guys were doing this again?
droppedls4dr is offline   Reply With Quote