Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Check in for Jacksonville Florida

So where do i find the rules for classes here in Florida
jsu101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

I've been thinking about getting back into the crawler/scaler game... I live in Atlantic Beach. I'm thinking about picking up an SCX10 Jeep Rubicon...
ScalerFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Do it
jsu101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

just moved here from Columbia.. looking to get a Wraith R2R .. yeah i know.. I'm lame like that..
i havent owned a crawler for some time now. Need something to keep me busy.. you guys meet on weekends and hang out? what stores do you guys go to? to upgrade your crawlers.
I got a house on the west side.. near cecil airfield.. lots of land near me. im sure theres some good spots to crawl over there.

Just checking in.
Mark
jeepgeek2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgeek2002 View Post
just moved here from Columbia.. looking to get a Wraith R2R .. yeah i know.. I'm lame like that..
i havent owned a crawler for some time now. Need something to keep me busy.. you guys meet on weekends and hang out? what stores do you guys go to? to upgrade your crawlers.
I got a house on the west side.. near cecil airfield.. lots of land near me. im sure theres some good spots to crawl over there.

Just checking in.
Mark
Mark there are a few good places about 15-20 minutes from you. About 5 minutes from me. I am running mine in Ocala this Sunday, when you are ready let me know, bring your bug spray. Some of the places I know of get flooded when it gets rainy, but are awesome when dry.

As far as local stores that do what we do, there are none. Hobby world is for helicopters and planes. You can find pinion gears, battery connectors, and maybe a body or two but they don't seem to even care about our part of this hobby. Ebay will be your friend for parts.

Last edited by Exocaged; 05-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Im running the big crawlers as well as the small one(soon). this weekend im going Atlanta but next weekends after i d love to see some comps or what nots.
When i lived in Tampa i used to go to local shops on weekends for carpet track racing and some of the asphalt stuff. its was pretty neat back then.. Back when crawlers weren't even around and Clod Busters were a dime a dozen.
Theres a local shop off of 103rd i saw on my way to Ghettomart.... dont know what they got in there.
I ve been getting emails from Tower Hobbies for years now. Ebay.. never considered ebay as a source.
I got a bud in Carolinas wants to sell me a AX-10? with everything included.. (im not even sure what he has other than servos, radios and batteries.) wants me to make him an offer. I'll have him send me pictures to see what he has.Post them here so you guys can tell me how much we can low ball him.
I need some one to show me the ropes on this stuff. I had a Venom crawler i think ? it was cool for slow crawls but wasnt cool looking like the wraiths or maybe it was.. i didnt have it very long. i got it used of some kid on CL.

any way.
I'll pm you next week or so.
I
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Sounds good. I think a RTR wraith is the best new option out there. The AX10's are quite stout from what I have read.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #88

Whats up guys im new on this forum. Im here on the westside. Me and about 6 other guys play on sundays around noon. The place is called picketville off commonweath rd. If your interssted in joining our group feel free to call me. 904-502-0838
autoTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #89

New to the forum and saw the jax thread. Me and about 6 others play every sunday at picketville off commonwealth rd. If anyone is interested in joining us feel free to call me. 904-502-0838
Old 05-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

what a 13 hour waste of a weekend! i need to reconsider my ways of wasting $200 in gas money...
Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Now im wondering if the Wraith is the way to go...What do you guys recommend as a "beginners" crawler.?
I like the fact that the Wraith can still haul butt and crawl with the 20t motor.. Last year i was looking at the Axial Honcho ? crawler.. is that an older design?
I m looking to spend ~$400 on a RTR.. (buy charger and battery(s) seperately)
I looked on Ebay.. not good deals. Im better off dealing with Tower Hobbies.
Was looking at the Wraith Picture section on this forum and some of them are serious hard core!
More to come..i get paid friday. I ll look at getting something this weekend.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

If I were just starting out and had $400 bucks to burn it would be a wraith. As you have seen the modifications on them are endless. In stock form its pretty darn tough and very capable. Only when you really step up the power do you need all the hop up parts. If you buy lipo batteries for it, you need to adjust the lipo cutoff on the ESC as the ones I have seen are set to 2.6V for nimh batteries. I run mine at 3.2 just to be safe. I already have a castle link so if you get one I can make this adjustment for you.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

i gotta read up on this stuff. so much info! lost me on the whole Lipo cutoff on the ESC..lol.. You "riding" this weekend? any events happening in the next month or so?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

There is a meet in ocala in June. I can probably run this weekend. The best way to learn all the lipo info as well as motor and esc stuff is to read and read, there is a ton of info here. Check the newbie section. There is plenty of info there in the sticky threads as well as the electronics section. These two sections are at the top of the forum.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #95

Just joined the other day and wanted to meet some other jax crawlers. Me and about 6 others meet every sunday to play. If your interested in joining us feel free to call me 904-502-0838
Old 05-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #96

New here on the forum and wanted to meet other crawlers. Me and about 6 guys meet every sunday to play. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

I'm interested, Where do you guys go?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #98

Picketville off of commonwealth rd. We will be there around noon. I can meet you right off the exit at the wendys and you can follow me out there. Theres alot of us that go
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

I used to take my big truck back there and go mudding waaaaay back in the day. I'll see if I can get away this sunday and meet up with you all. Do you have any videos on youtube?
Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
I used to take my big truck back there and go mudding waaaaay back in the day. I'll see if I can get away this sunday and meet up with you all. Do you have any videos on youtube?
i have some that ive been working on but none uploaded yet.

Check in for Jacksonville Florida - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where's the hard bodies in florida??? near jacksonville. murdock Paint and Body 2 11-15-2011 09:23 PM
Anyone want to crawl in Jacksonville? Dustin_Z Arkansas 6 03-29-2011 10:37 AM
crawlers in jacksonville lewlew Florida 5 12-19-2010 05:29 AM
jacksonville crawling Allen720 Florida 23 07-15-2010 02:22 PM
jacksonville??? 93 FORD BRONCO Florida 0 02-01-2009 09:02 PM