Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: GTG at the YMCA on Deans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GTG at the YMCA on Deans?

Badass! I'm uploading the few pics I got right now.

We really need to try and take more time to get pics. Maybe if a couple of us weren't always on the edge of a lake we wouldn't have to focus so hard on our driving.

Fink
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Here are the few I got.

Fink
Old 08-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Badass! I'm uploading the few pics I got right now.

We really need to try and take more time to get pics. Maybe if a couple of us weren't always on the edge of a lake we wouldn't have to focus so hard on our driving.

Fink
Lol, yeah trying harder lines is definately taking time away from the camera. Making us better drivers though.....
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Lol, yeah trying harder lines is definately taking time away from the camera. Making us better drivers though.....
I was obsessed with that one line I found while you were talking to the park guys. I think I went up it like ten times.

Fink
Old 08-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
I was obsessed with that one line I found while you were talking to the park guys. I think I went up it like ten times.

Fink
Practice makes perfect....lol. Little hard for my 1.9's.
I figured out its definately an issue with the Savox Servo causing brown out when I attempt to turn. Just have to hook the CC BEC back up and redo my wiring. Oh well, another complete tear down before the next comp is probably a good idea anyways.

Went home and let Joey run his Stampede around in front of the house. He is definately into driving with me. So hopefully he can handle something like the RidgeCrest and drive along with me in the Wraith.

Im also gonna start looking into getting a GoPro Camera for our excursions. Maybe I can trade one of my other rigs or something.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Practice makes perfect....lol. Little hard for my 1.9's.
I figured out its definately an issue with the Savox Servo causing brown out when I attempt to turn. Just have to hook the CC BEC back up and redo my wiring. Oh well, another complete tear down before the next comp is probably a good idea anyways.

Went home and let Joey run his Stampede around in front of the house. He is definately into driving with me. So hopefully he can handle something like the RidgeCrest and drive along with me in the Wraith.

Im also gonna start looking into getting a GoPro Camera for our excursions. Maybe I can trade one of my other rigs or something.

Nice! Good to hear he is getting into it! How old is he again? I got into it when I was around 8 or 9. Built my first kit at 10 and was hooked.

Can't wait to see the RidgeCrest - been looking at videos and stuff of it for a while now. Always cooler to see them in person.

Don't trade one of your cars for one just for our meets man. But...if you really want to...it would make for a sweet POV video.

Completely blew a bead on that rear tire but haven't done anything aside from blow the rig off. Didn't have time today. Will hopefully get the bead reseated and rear axle bearings regreased tomorrow.

Waiting to see what Mr. Holmes wants to do about getting the motor leads put on this motor. Hopefully he'll just send me another one and I'll ship this one back to him. Either way, I'm stoked for this motor/ESC combo.

Also still shopping for the universals and such...going to try and sleep on it for a day and see how I feel about it. Won't be able to go crawling for a few weeks anyway so that will help me really make sure it's something I want to do.

Fink

Last edited by Fink; 08-05-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

I wish I could have come I got my scaler on vacation with me and I found some places to crawl that r on a putt putt coarse
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_life_19 View Post
I wish I could have come I got my scaler on vacation with me and I found some places to crawl that r on a putt putt coarse
Nice!

Fink
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Alright guys - my move is just about done so I'm ready to get out there and test out my new BR-XL and TorqueMaster Pro.

I think AILD said he and his son were down for this Sunday. Anybody else? Earlier is better. We usually get there a little before 9am to beat the heat and humidity.

Post up if you're in! I'm going either way.

Fink
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

im down for goin just need a front axle shaft and my battery from AILD but anytime sunday works for me, i agree with goin earlier.

i should get my new toys by today and then ill put them in and waterproof everything and im ready to go!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
im down for goin just need a front axle shaft and my battery from AILD but anytime sunday works for me, i agree with goin earlier.

i should get my new toys by today and then ill put them in and waterproof everything and im ready to go!!!
Sweet!

Fink
Old 08-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Goodies r here new shoes r on and winch is to be figured out at a later date cause that is gonna be tricky
Old 08-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #73
RCC Addict

I would definately be in for early Sunday, have to waterproof the RidgeCrest for Joey but that will be done by Sunday. Ill check with wifey and make sure but I should be good.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Goodies r here new shoes r on and winch is to be figured out at a later date cause that is gonna be tricky
Sweet! Can't wait to see your rigs. It will be nice to meet you too.

Quote:
I would definately be in for early Sunday, have to waterproof the RidgeCrest for Joey but that will be done by Sunday. Ill check with wifey and make sure but I should be good.
Sweet! I'm pretty much 100% waterproof now. The stock servo is the only thing not waterproofed but I'm honestly kind of hoping it dies...just not while I'm in the middle of a run.

Fink
Old 08-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #75

I'll come out too.
sneakymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #76
RCC Addict

I plan on being there pretty early. More like 8:30 I have a lot of stuff to do during the day. So who is going out there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)
Old 08-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #77
Rock Stacker

ill be out i just need my battery and the axle shaft to run otherwise im stuck in 3wd
Old 08-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
ill be out i just need my battery and the axle shaft to run otherwise im stuck in 3wd
Hey just so you know you won't be able to use the New battery. It has banana plug ends, needs to be switched over to deans.

I'll bring the axle part for you and let you run one of my LiPos for the day.....I do have a few, lol.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakymaxx View Post
I'll come out too.
Quote:
I plan on being there pretty early. More like 8:30 I have a lot of stuff to do during the day. So who is going out there.

Quote:
Quote:
Hey just so you know you won't be able to use the New battery. It has banana plug ends, needs to be switched over to deans.

I'll bring the axle part for you and let you run one of my LiPos for the day.....I do have a few, lol.

I'll be there. Can't say I'll be there by 8:30am as I am going to be up late tonight working on the Man Cave, but I will be out there by 9am or so.

AILD,

Will you shoot me a text when you're laving your house?

See you guys there!

Fink
Old 08-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #80
Rock Stacker

i have one battery but im not worried it should last a long time and ill be there at 830ish so i can swap that axle out

GTG at the YMCA on Deans? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deans or not to Deans. That is the question The Violator Electronics 22 12-16-2011 03:43 PM
deans to mini deans? minnesotamudder Electronics 6 04-04-2011 08:53 PM