Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: 2 Truck Trail Run Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 2 Truck Trail Run Challenge

So I'm just throwing an idea out there for everyone to talk about. Myself and a few others were discussing a friendly trail run challenge designed around fun and testing your rigs as hard as you decide to.
Setup would be something like 150 to 200 gates through a wooded and swamp area. It would be a 2 truck team consisting of one 1.9 truck and a 2.2 truck. Both rigs once entering the gates will have to make it through the final gate either under power or being towed by the other rig. Obviously I don't know all details or specifics yet but it could be a lot of fun.
Gates would be in place but no boundaries, test your rig as hard or as light as you want. This will be designed for fun.

If you have any ideas or advice it would be appreciated as well as a date for the event. I would like to settle on a date that everyone could be happy with so we have more rigs running. We can also post a team mate post where you can mark you and your teammate and rigs being run.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 2 Truck Trail Run Challenge

Location?
JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandG View Post
Location?
Lol, plan on running at YMCA park where we normally run.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I like the idea a lot and after today's adventure out there it can be interesting my motor has no brushes left haha
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like fun! I'm still a little weary about the water. I have waterproofed everything but seem to be having a problem with glitching under heavy loads. I would like to try this event for fun.
MX4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Well all things considered we are planning this for one reason.....FUN!
It will be challenging IF you want it to be or can be easy if you don't want to challenge your rig.

I think it could be lots of fun with the idea of team work between two rigs ( 1.9 and 2.2) with tow straps or pull chains and winches. As long as you help each other you can tow a rig the entire course but once you start the course your truck has to finish through the last gate. Either under power or being dragged by your team mate. Should be interesting.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Sure I'm in. Does anyone have kids ? My wife and 3 yr old son like to watch the trucks run. I've got a friend who has a wraith and honcho. I'm trying to get him out to an event like this . Just need time to plan and prep the truck for some good challenging trail run. I like the concept, kinda like the rally run on djmedics TTC videos on you tube.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX4141 View Post
Sure I'm in. Does anyone have kids ? My wife and 3 yr old son like to watch the trucks run. I've got a friend who has a wraith and honcho. I'm trying to get him out to an event like this . Just need time to plan and prep the truck for some good challenging trail run. I like the concept, kinda like the rally run on djmedics TTC videos on you tube.
I will definitely have my son out with me , he will be 4 end of September. So the more people the better. It will be a ton of fun running these trails as we have talked and discussed this with the parks maintenance supervisor who is all for it. He actually wants to get into the Rc hobby. I have let him run a few of my rigs trying to get him interested.

We should start putting some dates out to gauge interest. Sunday will be the best for me since college football starts next weekend.

Also I don't think rig type will matter. Let's get some new people interested as well as some kids. Nothing really competitive, more fun and enjoyable for everyone without pressure.

I'll probably have my son run his Ridgecrest and I will either run my 1.9 Ford or 2.2 Wraith.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

You've got my interest and i'm sure Riley would like to bring his wraith
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: 2 Truck Trail Run Challenge

Sundays are cool. Any day the weather holds up. It's good to know other kids will be around.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
You've got my interest and i'm sure Riley would like to bring his wraith
Awesome, glad to hear it. It could be a lot of fun if we can get a good amount of rigs to run. It would be awesome seeing Riley run is Wraith in the trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX4141 View Post
Sundays are cool. Any day the weather holds up. It's good to know other kids will be around.
There will be atleast 2 other kids, my son Joey and Riley from the crawl ugly clan, lol. So the more kids the better I say. We can have a scale trail KIDS run. Just for the kids with like 10 gates or so. Something they have to all do together as a team or something.

Also Im not really looking for this to be very serious. If you have a rig and want to run it in the dirt, mud , sand and swamp....so be it. Ax10 type rigs are welcome. Im not going to turn anyone away from this get together. So spread the word about the concept. Hope to see some positive response.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I'm gonna get my ax10 runnin for my girlfriend so she can come out and have some fun
Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud_life_19 View Post
I'm gonna get my ax10 runnin for my girlfriend so she can come out and have some fun
Awesome..... I might have some friends from work too. If I can get my other scx10 running by then I'll have 4 different rigs. Sounds like it will be lots of fun for all ages.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

thats what i like to here, what about dates?? what works for everyone post a few dates and we can try to find a good time to give it a run!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I can only come on Sundays since I work the other 6 days our if the week. And cant do it this Sunday but let me know when and we will try to make it out
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
I can only come on Sundays since I work the other 6 days our if the week. And cant do it this Sunday but let me know when and we will try to make it out
Won't be this or next weekend. We might have it after the next newred comp. We will try to get all ideas of when from anyone who is interested.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good
Old 08-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

That Sunday will be good for me too.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Please everyone your input is needed. Remember I'm trying to make this a good day for kids as well. Let's figure out what date will work the best. The NewRed TTC is back on for the 16th so take that into account.

Last edited by AsILayDying; 08-31-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I,vote for 9/30 gives everyone an off weekend to fix there broke trucks from the ttc at newred

2 Truck Trail Run Challenge - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trail pics from todays jeep trail run 56k warning theholybull Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 10-02-2013 06:44 AM
Difficult Run trail run 8/4/12 (located near Great Falls, VA) sellenk Virginia 6 09-15-2012 06:21 PM
Toyboata Test Run @ G6 Challenge DORK VADER Scale Videos! 13 04-24-2011 09:02 AM
RC Excitement: Fitchburg MA Trail Truck/Mud Run Oct 30 dynamic_e Massachusetts 1 10-12-2010 05:48 AM
Trail truck fun run spencertrax Tamiya XC/CC01 1 09-28-2009 05:09 PM