RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Florida (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   Not lookin for comps in the oviedo area (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/414116-not-lookin-comps-oviedo-area.html)

AsILayDying 11-27-2012 04:48 AM

Re: Not lookin for comps in the oviedo area

I agree wheel speed is king but when the rest of the rig is built strong there always ends up being a weak spot which was my driveshaft on my Wraith which I was running a Mamba Max Pro with a censored 10.5t Brushless on 3s ..... Something had to give! As the video showed..... bind up and tear some sh!t up.....!!!!!

mud_life_19 11-27-2012 05:29 AM

My car didn't even like the brushless motor it crapped out before I got to the trail

904crawler 11-27-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddbogger (Post 4033777)
Wheel speed is king in my book as the TTC video showed a velinion on 2s is plenty of wheel standing sand throwing mudding flinging POWER!!!! Most of the time I trim down my controller down to only 60% but when I hit the sand or mud it goes back to 100% and it makes up for only having 1.9 flat irons.:twisted:

Hey bud i have some 1.9 cut boggers im not using

muddbogger 11-27-2012 10:21 AM

^^^ Thanks but I was actually surprised how well the soft compound irons performed on the wet rocks and in the hill climb but I think wheel speed is needed to get them to clean out fast enough in the dirt. I have some 2.2 super swampers that I want to have reduced to 1.9's I just need to find someone who can do it because I'm not going to f'up a brand new set trying.:mrgreen:

904crawler 11-27-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddbogger (Post 4034263)
^^^ Thanks but I was actually surprised how well the soft compound irons performed on the wet rocks and in the hill climb but I think wheel speed is needed to get them to clean out fast enough in the dirt. I have some 2.2 super swampers that I want to have reduced to 1.9's I just need to find someone who can do it because I'm not going to f'up a brand new set trying.:mrgreen:

10 4 the boggers cut are not to shabby on the rocks. i used a tire compound softer on them after they broke in so there soft now. if u come out this weekend u can test them out. there on weighted wheels.

muddbogger 11-27-2012 04:47 PM

Yeah not gonna make this weekend. It's the last Funday Sunday@bithlo before they close down so me and the guys are gonna go beat the cars and bikes down the 1320 one last time...:cry:

mud_life_19 11-27-2012 05:02 PM

The bithlo track is closing???? I thought it was the Orlando speedway

muddbogger 11-27-2012 05:58 PM

Yeah the guy who owns the oval track owns everything but the guy who runs the drag strip is retiring so the drag way will be closed at the end of December unless someone comes in and takes over his lease.:cry:

RebelRacer 11-27-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddbogger (Post 4035000)
Yeah the guy who owns the oval track owns everything but the guy who runs the drag strip is retiring so the drag way will be closed at the end of December unless someone comes in and takes over his lease.:cry:

Its all going to be shut down... And tore down from what i understood. A developer camo in and bought it so they could build a walmart.. Don't quote me on this but Im fairly certain that's why its being closed.

AsILayDying 11-27-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelRacer (Post 4035024)
Its all going to be shut down... And tore down from what i understood. A developer camo in and bought it so they could build a walmart.. Don't quote me on this but Im fairly certain that's why its being closed.

Pretty smart... Build another damn Walmart and promote street racing since the kids don't have any where legal to drag.... Absolutely brilliant.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)

mud_life_19 11-27-2012 07:06 PM

yeah but they have to keep u in a job Joe haha

904crawler 11-28-2012 06:35 AM

O shit i forgot about that. i think i get a few of the boys from st aug to come out.

mud_life_19 11-28-2012 06:44 AM

I have a buddy from Melbourne that is gonna try and come out

AsILayDying 11-28-2012 07:04 AM

What day are trying to make this happen.....this coming Sunday?

mud_life_19 11-28-2012 08:34 AM

sunday is best

904crawler 11-28-2012 08:39 AM

I dont think im gonna make it out this weekend. if i can get my turbo crx up and runnin good then im def going . that will prolly not happen though. still waitin to hear back from some of my old crew to see what there doing. if they come up then i wil b at the drags.

AsILayDying 11-28-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 904crawler (Post 4036067)
I dont think im gonna make it out this weekend. if i can get my turbo crx up and runnin good then im def going . that will prolly not happen though. still waitin to hear back from some of my old crew to see what there doing. if they come up then i wil b at the drags.

Were u talking about hitting the drag strip or thwart trails. Hope u can make it out with us soon.

muddbogger 11-28-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelRacer (Post 4035024)

That almost happened but Walmart already bought property elsewhere. Either way the drag strip is closing because the guy who runs it is retiring but anyone with money could come in and take over his lease and keep it going but as of now nobody has done so. All the other venues are staying open.

904crawler 11-28-2012 02:30 PM

The drag strip will b where im at unless it raind out. but i wont be there all day.if i even go

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsILayDying (Post 4036242)
Were u talking about hitting the drag strip or
thwart trails. Hope u can make it out with us soon.

904crawler 11-29-2012 10:00 AM

Well if i dont go to the strip . my rig is ready to go. stretched the wheelbase for the new body almost dont cuttin it up and then were off to paint.