RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Florida (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/415568-b-r-c-o-bay-area-rc-outlaws-pinellas-county.html)

BONDONUTZ 02-09-2013 07:47 AM

Re: B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County

There hasnt ben any talk about a gtg for Sunday so i rekon its a wrench and beer day ??
Yay ! !

dont slow down 02-09-2013 11:39 AM

Hey guys I know I've been MIA for a couple weeks (well probably more like a couple months) but we are finally moved into our house. Long story short the day we moved in we found a major roach problem and the house had to be tented. Now we are back in and finally getting the unpacking done. I'm really excited to have a real man room/office to work in as well as a garage with a sweet workbench. We are up off of Drew St. which is pretty close to the coachman park. Once I get all my stuff unpacked and set up I'll be ready to hit the trails again with you guys. Next weekend is looking good for me, no work and both Saturday and Sunday off. I should be ready to go by then, looking forward to doing some wheeling!

Bugglass 02-09-2013 05:33 PM

Likewise. I just received a body. I'm going to take my ax10 off the gc and put it on the xtrail. From the looks of it I may need to make longer links. Going to read up more on how that all goes ;). I can't wait to get it going!

Str8 Creepin 02-09-2013 06:14 PM

Archie and I will be going to the spot off of Bryan Dairy rd. Tomorrow around 11:00 am if any one else is up for it...

stpete40 02-09-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dont slow down (Post 4170794)
Hey guys I know I've been MIA for a couple weeks (well probably more like a couple months) but we are finally moved into our house. Long story short the day we moved in we found a major roach problem and the house had to be tented. Now we are back in and finally getting the unpacking done. I'm really excited to have a real man room/office to work in as well as a garage with a sweet workbench. We are up off of Drew St. which is pretty close to the coachman park. Once I get all my stuff unpacked and set up I'll be ready to hit the trails again with you guys. Next weekend is looking good for me, no work and both Saturday and Sunday off. I should be ready to go by then, looking forward to doing some wheeling!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONDONUTZ (Post 4153736)
IDK about you guys but if anyone else gets one of those Losi buggys I will too !

Twist my arm a little.

camaroguy327 02-09-2013 08:37 PM

Wrenching and beer day for me tomorrow. Gotta do some maintenance to the racer cars and slap and a new axle in the cherokee. If I still feel like wrenching I may start in on the tube work on the TJ project.

WranglerCody 02-10-2013 11:45 AM

hey guys new to the rc world. lol i have a jeep thats my main focus but rc can be cheaper haha. im in countryside. and work at a fabrication shop in largo TTPFAB.COM

ScaleDustin 02-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerCody (Post 4172384)
hey guys new to the rc world. lol i have a jeep thats my main focus but rc can be cheaper haha. im in countryside. and work at a fabrication shop in largo TTPFAB.COM

Welcome to our hood! RC is MOST definitely cheaper! do you have a scaler yet?

BONDONUTZ 02-10-2013 03:57 PM

So whos on board for the Twin Hammer Vetarra ?

Archie is getting his Monday and I talked the wife into buying me one with some of the income tax $$

Did some.reading on HH, it has a 11.6 wb, 4.10" tires with beadlocks, plastic tub chassis, 2 sp trans and alum motor mount. Has what looks very similar losi scte.front diff and cvds, cvd,-dog bone to the front diff, solid rear axle. Water proof esc with 15t brushed motor. Also comes.with 2000mah 2s lipo and aluminum shocks.
Hop ups include spool for front and rear diff/axle and f&r sway bars so far.

BONDONUTZ 02-10-2013 03:57 PM

If Ross buys one HH will include a bar of soap.

stpete40 02-10-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONDONUTZ (Post 4172693)
So whos on board for the Twin Hammer Vetarra ?

Archie is getting his Monday and I talked the wife into buying me one with some of the income tax $$

Did some.reading on HH, it has a 11.6 wb, 4.10" tires with beadlocks, plastic tub chassis, 2 sp trans and alum motor mount. Has what looks very similar losi scte.front diff and cvds, cvd,-dog bone to the front diff, solid rear axle. Water proof esc with 15t brushed motor. Also comes.with 2000mah 2s lipo and aluminum shocks.
Hop ups include spool for front and rear diff/axle and f&r sway bars so far.

Been reading Badger's thread. Seems like a pretty solid ride. I could be persuaded. Would have to sell the truggy.

ScaleDustin 02-10-2013 06:01 PM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...72623287_n.jpg

I think i'm sold.

camaroguy327 02-10-2013 06:06 PM

Kit version? Or RTR only? Looks sweet. Gotta wait till I get my tax return regardless.

ScaleDustin 02-10-2013 06:10 PM

I've only seen rtr's....

josborne024 02-10-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleDustin (Post 4172927)
I've only seen rtr's....

So what is your take on them dustin

ScaleDustin 02-10-2013 06:16 PM

they kinda suck in the respect that they are more cookie cutter short course'ish than a normal scaler but hey theyre not a scaler so.... i can deal with it.
as long as they can be hopped.. i'm in. 1st order of biz... a axial rear axle!

WranglerCody 02-10-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleDustin (Post 4172399)
Welcome to our hood! RC is MOST definitely cheaper! do you have a scaler yet?

im working on getting some things together. i have the scx frame on order.

BONDONUTZ 02-10-2013 10:19 PM

Holy crap, was doing some reading on the Twin Hammer. The Badger thread was growing fast as I could read it, When I started with the OP there were 5 pages by the time I finished the 5th page there were 10.
Anyway, Im def sold on the thing. With Horizon standing behind it and looks like theres a lot of Losi parts incoorperated its gonna be a winner IMHO. The stock electronics will be fine for most but ill ditch the stock motor and put in a higjer end 27T but stick with the stock ESC but put a BEC in along with a 200oz servo. The battery tray config only allows the smaller packs most of us run anyway or shorty full size packs, i see this as the only down side. Another thing I found out is the Spektrum RX is waterproof new version, that ill.def be keeping.
With a little luck I should have mine the middle to end of the following week.

BONDONUTZ 02-11-2013 03:13 PM

Billy and I should have our Twin Hammers Friday !
That doesnt sound gay does it ?

Str8 Creepin 02-11-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BONDONUTZ (Post 4172694)
If Ross buys one HH will include a bar of soap.

OMG, Thats Fluffin Awesome ... You effin Baddazz..."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"