Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #1481
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzinit View Post
Hey there is a small clay track in New Port Richey next to Hooters. He is closing for the month of August. Seems like a nice guy a fun track rather than a race track if anybody is interested.
Well I'm confused (more than normal) So is it a track or isn't it ?
Discribe it, is it a regular course or just a bunch of clay spread out with a few jumps ?
How big is this area, 1/10 scale stuff only or is there room for the bigger RCs ?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #1482

Default Re: B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County

Basically a 10th scale track with a drivers stand. a little tight for anything bigger. I do not think he is doing races just a track to have fun.
cuzinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #1483
Quarry Creeper

This Hooters ?
5336 Treadway Dr, Port Richey, FL 34668

is the property
N
E
W
S
of the Hooters, I'm trying to find it via Google map/satellite image
Old 07-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #1484

That sounds like the perfect track to have fun without the fear of messing up someone's practice and junk. That's the main reason I stray from the main tracks is that I just like to run on a track but I don't like to be in the way.
Bugglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #1485

I agree, he has 4 rental trucks and no organized races. Yes Bro that Hooters but it won't be on Google unless they have taken pictures in the last month or two.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #1486

I just checked, it is not on Google but the location of the track is on the corner of Old Post Rd and Treadway Dr
Old 07-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #1487

Has anyone found any good spots locally for running general bashing? The one place has been fairly overgrown. I was checking the construction site behind Parkside mall, they have some nice little hills and such.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #1488
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugglass View Post
Has anyone found any good spots locally for running general bashing? The one place has been fairly overgrown. I was checking the construction site behind Parkside mall, they have some nice little hills and such.
Thats right around the corner from Bill and I, wasn't aware there was construction back there?
Is it in the field behind the thearters on the South West corner of the property?
Maybe we can do somthing Sunday morning for a short spell? ??

Old 07-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #1489

Sunday is my Son's B-day so I will be land locked. The construction is next to the back parking lot on the South West corner, that field is the construction spot as well as the part just south (across 70th). They have a lot leveled out but there are still some mounts and what not left out there. I work down there close to you guys @ 49th St Pawn & Gun a few days a week.

I was also informed of a new spot today. It's down 62nd ave on the north side between 19 and 49th. Apparently it's between warehouses and business'. The owners like the RC guys because they had a lot of break in's but they seem to have died down due to people running their RC's. It's close to Archies but on the other side of the road. a field and empty road is how it was described.

I recently picked up a mini summit and rally to beat on a bit so I am looking forward to running them with my 4x4 slash in some dirt. Hopefully the rain will stay off a bit to let things dry up so we can all meet.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #1490
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sunday is my Son's B-day so I will be land locked. The construction is next to the back parking lot on the South West corner, that field is the construction spot as well as the part just south (across 70th). They have a lot leveled out but there are still some mounts and what not left out there. I work down there close to you guys @ 49th St Pawn & Gun a few days a week.

I was also informed of a new spot today. It's down 62nd ave on the north side between 19 and 49th. Apparently it's between warehouses and business'. The owners like the RC guys because they had a lot of break in's but they seem to have died down due to people running their RC's. It's close to Archies but on the other side of the road. a field and empty road is how it was described.

I recently picked up a mini summit and rally to beat on a bit so I am looking forward to running them with my 4x4 slash in some dirt. Hopefully the rain will stay off a bit to let things dry up so we can all meet.

COOL, I'll take a peek at both spots this coming week as see what's up.
I'm going to be selling my last Monster truck sometime soon, I sure would like to run it one more time dismantling and seeing it go bye bye
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #1491
Quarry Creeper

I went by the mall and took some pics, will post them later.

Tried to find the spot across from Archies with no success, I drove all over back there and nada ?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #1492

I will try to get the exact street name that the 62nd ave spot is at. Is the construction still decent? I haven't been back there for a week or two.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #1493
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I will try to get the exact street name that the 62nd ave spot is at. Is the construction still decent? I haven't been back there for a week or two.
The side with the 7-11 is pretty smooth aside of a few nice hills, nuthin'big but def a challenge for a scaler.
Back behind the mall theres quit a diverse amount of terrain and elevation changes, if I had to pick one of the two spots it would be the mall side.

Ill get what few shitty pics I took from car posted soon.

Sent via Xparent Green Tapatalk 4 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2
BEER & BOOBS!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #1494

Hi Everyone I have been looking around and it looks like this is the crawler group near where I live, I am in Spring Hill and just go crawling around my house are near by parks. I recently bought a scx10 and have been having a blast. I have been flying R.c. aircraft for about twenty years and decided to do a little crawling. If any one ever wants to get together and do some crawling let me know.
kevco8201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1495
Quarry Creeper

Hey Kev,
Springhill is a nice area for scaling you lucky dog, I assume you know where B&B Hobbies is, for a reference how close are you to it? Most of us are 30-45 mins south and southwest of S.H.
A couple of our members have ventured into other intrests but there still a handful of us left, since Summer started really cranking up GTG's have slowed down. I'm willing to bet once Fall gets here especially Nov the meetings will start back up again. I'm not saying no one will be interested in meeting up with you now but for the next few months the chances are pretty slim.

Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of where you crawl at, we are always on the lookout for a prime spot. There isn't much for really good crawling/scaling places here in St.Pete and Clearwater area.
One if our members Nick aka "AllScaledOut" has a entire scaler course on his property(theres many pics here in this thread)
But we never were able to get everyone together to spend a day there befor the heat came on, I'm somewhat confident
It'll happen when the cooler weather makes a appearance.

Jeff

Sent via Xparent Green Tapatalk 4 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2
BEER & BOOBS!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #1496

I live about 15 minutes from BnBs. I will definitely take some pics next time. Sometimes I will go up to the Withlacoochee forrest, there is an area with some caves that's fun or even near my house where the county places large rocks to keep the road water drainage from washing out. I am also looking forward to the weather cooling off and do some more trail runs this heat sucks.

Kevin
Old 08-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #1497
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a few sweet spots you found up there ! Curious to see pics when you get around to it.

Yea buddy, the summers here are getting old for me. I've ben here in Fl for 43yrs and I get fatter every year so that's all the more brutal they get.
I stopped working in the shop 6 yrs ago and I'm just not acclimated to the feking heat like I used to be.

You ben in Fl long ?
Old 08-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #1498

I am a florida native grew up in Tampa and still work down there, I work outside so spending a extra day outside flying or crawling is hard to do sometimes.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #1499
Quarry Creeper

I'm sooo glad I don't have to do our yard work anymore, Landscapers are a brilliant idea.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #1500
Quarry Creeper

WTF Servo ?

Tenogawa Seiko
1,800oz w/12v .014 transit

Resting peacefully next to a drawfed JR-DS8711
Attached Images

B.A.R.C.O-Bay Area RC Outlaws of Pinellas County - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
Is anyone in the pinellas area missing a couple trucks? goodoldlevi Florida 1 07-02-2010 10:32 AM
Sonoma County/North-Bay Crawler Club Comp. Mad4Rnr Competitions 92 02-21-2009 10:25 PM
Any rocks in SF Bay Area (south bay)?? MonsterDDT California 2 05-19-2008 11:37 AM