Notices

Thread: Ocala Area Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Ocala Area Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABeast View Post
Had a good time out there, met up with a few guys. Man this forum and Florida section is so dead. I guess i need to get back on FB. Uhhg.

Awesome bro! I like going out there. Endless exploring. Keep up on here too. So I know what's going on. Will be doing some night runs out there soon now that daylight savings ended and it's getting cooler. You have rock lights?
AnimalHippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 06:52 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Awesome bro! I like going out there. Endless exploring. Keep up on here too. So I know what's going on. Will be doing some night runs out there soon now that daylight savings ended and it's getting cooler. You have rock lights?
No rock lights yet. I need to get in one of these comps just for fun. The night run was the creepy crawler event a few weeks back. I usually just go in the mornings.
NABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:55 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
No rock lights yet. I need to get in one of these comps just for fun. The night run was the creepy crawler event a few weeks back. I usually just go in the mornings.
As soon as I get some memory cleared on my phone I will be shooting a video for my DIY rock lights. Can build a set for under $20. Are you around the Ocala area? I usually like going early morning, but lately I've only had one day off a week and that's family day. So I haven't been able to go. What rig are you running?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
As soon as I get some memory cleared on my phone I will be shooting a video for my DIY rock lights. Can build a set for under $20. Are you around the Ocala area? I usually like going early morning, but lately I've only had one day off a week and that's family day. So I haven't been able to go. What rig are you running?
I’m in lake county. I’m running my honcho, my UMG10 and capra at the moment. I might go again to scale mountain this weekend. We’ll see. Instagram #ekpaulyrc.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attac...1&d=1573088461
Attached Images

Last edited by NABeast; 11-06-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:10 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
I知 in lake county. I知 running my honcho, my UMG10 and capra at the moment. I might go again to scale mountain this weekend. We値l see. Instagram #ekpaulyrc.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attac...1&d=1573088461

Right on. I'm in Summerfield about 3 mins from Scale Mountain. I have a Trx-4 and OG Scx10 Dingo. Both crawl like goats. How you liking that Capra? I'm very interested in one, but rather put any funds I get into my current rigs. I don't get to go crawl as often as I'd like but get to go once a month or so. Need to get together and go crawl something
Old 11-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Here's a couple pics of my rigs
Just fished the cage on this one. Now hunting accessories. Trx-4

Scx10 Dingo and Losi micro crawler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Right on. I'm in Summerfield about 3 mins from Scale Mountain. I have a Trx-4 and OG Scx10 Dingo. Both crawl like goats. How you liking that Capra? I'm very interested in one, but rather put any funds I get into my current rigs. I don't get to go crawl as often as I'd like but get to go once a month or so. Need to get together and go crawl something
Awesome rigs! Yeah definitely shout out when you池e going to head out there. I want to get into making my own cages and bumpers etc. Maybe you can give me some pointers. The capra is fun for sure, i had a hard time getting it to make some lines that my other trucks make. I知 going to try and not spend a bunch of money on it, just try and tune the suspension and tweak it to get it to be an awesome crawler.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Awesome rigs! Yeah definitely shout out when you池e going to head out there. I want to get into making my own cages and bumpers etc. Maybe you can give me some pointers. The capra is fun for sure, i had a hard time getting it to make some lines that my other trucks make. I知 going to try and not spend a bunch of money on it, just try and tune the suspension and tweak it to get it to be an awesome crawler.
Thanks! I enjoy messing with them. Cage building is very enjoyable to me. I plan on building more. That was the first for me. I built the bumper on my Trx. I've always been big into fabrication. I'm always down to help you get one going. Suspension tuning can make a world of difference. Good tires and foams are worth every penny. Those rigs look to be very capable. I'm trying to fit a Santos run into my schedule in the next few weeks. Would you be down for sunrise crawling? I might be able to slip out early one Sunday.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks! I enjoy messing with them. Cage building is very enjoyable to me. I plan on building more. That was the first for me. I built the bumper on my Trx. I've always been big into fabrication. I'm always down to help you get one going. Suspension tuning can make a world of difference. Good tires and foams are worth every penny. Those rigs look to be very capable. I'm trying to fit a Santos run into my schedule in the next few weeks. Would you be down for sunrise crawling? I might be able to slip out early one Sunday.
Yeah I should be down in the t Few weeks. Just give me a heads up so i can see what痴 going on and get my batteries charged up.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAWLERZ View Post
come to scrawlerz.... we are private.... all about crawling.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6446...259/?ref=share
I plan on coming over that way one day after the new year. It's hard for me to drive far to go crawl since I'm limited on crawl time and having 2 awesome places within 10 mins of my house makes it even harder. I do wanna come check it out for sure tho. It's looking like a fun course.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:54 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAWLERZ View Post
We値l be here waiting for ya! Everyday we are making progress on the NEW course layout for 2020. We have the front 1/2 of the course completed already. The back 1/2 is a little different, funds are low and materials are desperately needed to continue. We made good and did wonders with what was donated last year and we had left over from the old course. But now we are in uncharted land and we have BIG visions for the home stretch.

And we have the option to add another 1/4 acre to the challenge course as well.

SCRAWLERZ is going for it. With the help of others... we will meet our goal.

I don't know if they would donate them but the company ciraco underground does allot of work in the villages. They are always hauling dump trucks full of rock (Florida field stone) to their yard. You might give them a call. The guy I talked to a few months back said their yard had a huge pile sitting there. I would try calling some site companies in your area. They might have trucks going right by there with rock and if they do dump them there they won't have to pay a dump fee. It's worth a shot.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah I should be down in the t Few weeks. Just give me a heads up so i can see what痴 going on and get my batteries charged up.
Just got the all clear for a early morning crawl next Sunday the 1st at the Santos tiny truck trail. Will probably be me and few buddies. You should come join us.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:41 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Just got the all clear for a early morning crawl next Sunday the 1st at the Santos tiny truck trail. Will probably be me and few buddies. You should come join us.
Right on. Sounds good. I値l be in touch as it gets closer.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPest View Post
How was your experience there was it worth going to. Thanks
You should come out next Sunday too bro. Should be a good time! Will be early tho everyone meeting up around 7 at the vortex
Old 01-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Anyone interested in joining me and a buddy for a early morning crawl at the Santos Tiny Truck trail on Sunday morning? Could use another scale rig or two for shooting my scale video for my Team Lockedup membership challenge.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

What time?
mud bogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud bogger View Post
What time?
We'll be there right around 7am. What rig you bringing? Dental drill? you get your Trx fixed?
Old 01-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Thats a little early for me. I got my trx4 fixed up and a few changes/upgrades
mud bogger is offline   Reply With Quote

Ocala Area Crawlers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawlers in GJ area!!! 70duncan Colorado 1 01-24-2013 08:48 PM
Gainesville, Ocala, Cyrstal River, Chiefland Area RC stores MarauderK Florida 8 05-10-2012 07:14 PM
Are there any rc crawlers in this area stroker72 Texas 0 06-23-2011 10:32 AM
South east area crawlers?Cincy area? DrtRacr440 Ohio 16 07-12-2009 05:49 AM
seattle area crawlers corycrawler Chit Chat 3 12-18-2007 09:58 AM