Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Scaling my bouncer buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Scaling my bouncer buggy

First I want to say thank you guys for letting me run with you this past Saturday at the G6. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

Now I have never really been a scaler type of guy so I will be needing some help on this part.

My vehicle is a scale of what I want it to be. Or kinda my version of an east coast rock bouncer. Like most real bouncers, its a mix of several different brands of parts. I think there are 5 in mine. I want to be able to legally run in the scale events you guys put on, in particular that G6 type event Yoda is putting on at the 588 pits in June. I want it to be a legal contender. As a scale bouncer, we don't winch unless we are on our lid. In the real bouncer world when we do flip there are usually many "hands of gods" pushing us back over. But for scale stuff that little strap will work fine.

Scale items may be a bit of a challenge. I can see a fuel cell or propane tank and a fire extinguisher as being the easiest parts to put on it. Some bouncers have winches so I'll see about getting one. Bouncers don't carry spare tires, tool boxes, shovels or any of that. Just the bare essentials. So I need some ideas on 2 other items. No sand ramps or canoes or roof racks.

The interior will also be a major challenge as my motor, trans, esc and battery take up a bunch of room in there. Does it really need an interior? If so I guess I can carve up some cardboard for interior dash and find an action figure or something to stick in there but I will have to cut em up a LOT as in maybe just the head and
shoulders would be left.

It's not waterproofed and I have no plans to do that, I am not a fan of water and mud. I was lucky to have hit the mud hole last Saturday as one of the first as I didn't spin a tire.

Tires, do they have to be scale appearing?

If by chance you haven't seen my vehicle here it is. Its pretty cramped in there. I have 3 sets of tires as it is now. The Sand Paws, Gmade Bighorns, and some cut Ridgelines that come on venom creepers.
Attached Images

Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scaling my bouncer buggy

Since the pit will be a free fun run g6 i don't think anyone will care. If it was a proper comp there would be an issue but there shouldn't be one but its all up to Yota so I guess we have to wait for him to chime in....
muddbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah see I want to try to get it legal. The thing is its not a scale trail jeep or trail truck.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Looking for new Trails

OK so SCALE rule for NewRed's are more or less a good set of Guide lines so we can keep it fare and to keep us wanting to make are rig's more scale looking...

and scale rule's for the first few G6 events are going to be lax so that way every one can get into G6en becuase Parker is coming back and has said he will NOT take it easy on us LOL...

For you rig most rock bouncers are scale as long as they have a scale looking tire and have scale accessories. If it was me I would make room for maybe a HPI flat plat interior with driver out of a trophy truck and a few add on's that you see on southern style buggies fuel cell,fire ext. , and winch 5 items is easy to do....

and scale points are even easyer once you know how they work.. PM me for more info and I will help you out....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input Yoda. I finally got my hacked FlySky in yesterday and got the 2speed trans shifting with it. I also have 2 more spots on the rx for winch or lights.

Some bouncers have winches mounted on the axle so I will probably go this route on mine. Ill get some swampers ordered soon to cover the tire part.

About the winch, I have seen several models out there. What would you guys recommend? I would like it to be controllable from the Tx/rx.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yota-will he be allowed to use his rear steer during a new red comp?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

If I can't use it I can just turn it off. I do like that rear steer though.

What winch would you guys recommend?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Rear steer is allowed for everyone but MudBugger...LOL
Pain4WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

That hurts.......

Old 05-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
Looking for new Trails

Rear steer is aload by any and all rigs....

Winch's well most use 3racing.... some have started using the new integy version.

I use a servo winch and or 3racing winch's

Servo winch is a good way to go and is easy to work with for some people....
yoda4x4

Last edited by yoda@4x4; 05-10-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I'll want a real looking winch for this. For most of my local playing it won't be on there but I do want it looking real if its mounted out in plain view on the axle.

And I like the rear steer being allowed.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Well, I have a set of Pro-line Swamper SX's on the way so my tire issue is resolved. Now I am looking at interiors. I have a space about 5" wide and 4" long that I can put an interior into. There are obstacles in there that may be able to be trimmed up a tiny bit to fit some stuff.

Yoda mentioned HPI flat interior and I have found these to choose from. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? or have a direct link to something else?
::HPI RACING::
Team Associated SC10B Cockpit Underbody w/Helmet [ASC91217] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

Last edited by Exocaged; 05-10-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Looking for new Trails

YEP that is what I have used and other's have in the past for a easy fix to a small space...
Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
YEP that is what I have used and other's have in the past for a easy fix to a small space...
That's what she said......
Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #15

You need a scale Clay County 4x4 sticker, along with a SETTC logo.
JeeperDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDarren View Post
You need a scale Clay County 4x4 sticker, along with a SETTC logo.

Yes it does. I'll find a way to get some made somewhere.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Most winches I am seeing are rated to 2S battery. I run 3s and 4s batteries so can I run a winch off a CCBEC set to 7.5v? It would be a separate bec just for the winch. Nothing else would be on it.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
Looking for new Trails

your RX can only run 7.4 and most ESE internal BEC are set at 6.0 so If your powering it threw your RX then you will be fine...
Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

so an rx can take 7.4V? I have read that 6V is the highest you want to run. This winch would be on its own BEC, not the one feeding the rx and servos. So one BEC would be at 7.4V for the winch and a then a different BEC would be set at 6V for the rx and servos. I want to wire it kinda like you do with HV servos.

Will this work?

Like this except instead of it being a servo, it will be a winch

Or do you think just one CCBEC set at 6V would be enough to handle 2 servos and power a winch at the same time?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

I'm trying to get the hpi interior in this thing and I just don't know if it will fit. Its close though. Gotta try the helmet part this evening to see if it will make it. I have recently upgraded a few driveline parts on it. ST chubs and knuckles all around, Blitz axles off ebay which seem to be pretty descent. I also put on a set of SAVOX 1231sg 444oz/in servos in it. This thing will make a U-turn almost within its own width!!!

Scaling my bouncer buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my Gmade Bouncer Exocaged G-Made Crawlers 75 12-17-2013 06:15 AM
New Roc412 on 4s VS Pro 4 on 4s in Crawler/Bouncer rydr127 Newbie General 3 03-27-2013 09:47 PM
Scaling is no longer known as scaling! Sheepdawg23wm Arizona 9 01-22-2012 09:28 PM