Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Random chatter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Random chatter

wow that just sucks big Forest Service balls.. excuse my french...
jeepgeek2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

posted some of the New Reds videos in the FCB forum..
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
FSTR most of us ran under the 17-92 Sanford bridge but after a great run were told we can not run there any more... you can go if you do small groups but that is what happens when we run big groups...

After the weekend in the Ocala national forest I made a lot of phone call's
to Orlando PR, Jacksonville PR, Ocala PR, Daytona PR, and a hand full of other's and was given the same around about answer we are not aloud to run in the park's or other area's unless you have written permission form the owner and or Parks and Recreations and was told by 3 of them that if we were caught out there they will ticket us and have us trespassed I know that every one is going to read this and say bullshit but that is what i was told and was told that there is a place for the R/C people and not at the local park or bike trail were we are a problem to those around us and we are a 1/10 scale version of a 1.1 and they will take it as fare as us running a motor vehicle and bla bla bla

you can always run in small groups and not get caught but as soon as you want to get every one to have fun and see new face's and people you get the shaft...
Yoda, I have no doubts you were threatened by the people you spoke to.

This is one of the reasons why I am organizing my First cOast Radio Control Experience. Sure, a major side benefit is that I am trying to raise money for the Police Athletic League, but mostly I want to educate (city) people that you can go out and have a good time with R/C vehicles without the crap that
they think is going to happen.

I have been speaking with my city people over emails about my event, and so far the only issue I've had is with flying near the air field. FAA won't allow it. I should be able to get them to clear the access to a retention pond, in a public park for my event.

Now, my results with the city people is different for a couple of (major) reasons. 1) I am a police officer in Jacksonville. 2) My event is to raise money for the kids. 3) I have the P.A.L. director also asking the people about helping me.

I need to have 100's of people out there, all having a good time, and no bad things happen. This will go a long way to show the city Parks People that as a group, we are mature, and responsible people. If I can do this event right, we can pave the way for other R/C events to be allowed (via a permit or without) in our region.

Speaking with a manager at a LHS, I have been advised of some bad blood between the Parks Manager and the local R/C flying club. I don't care WHY the bad blood exists, only need to establish that we are not ALL the same group of people.

Last edited by JeeperDarren; 07-09-2013 at 11:16 PM.
JeeperDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

What about heli's? are they considered part of the Airplane guys? i saw one video of this heli with LED lights on the props.. it was pretty neat,, i ll try to post it..
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDarren View Post
I need to have 100's of people out there, all having a good time, and no bad things happen. This will go a long way to show the city Parks People that as a group, we are mature, and responsible people.

I applaud your efforts and think you are definitely going in the right direction. Education is the key. The hard part is what I highlighted above. I think the biggest and best impression is how you leave the venue. No trash, not beat up looking, nothing broken and so on.....

Post up when you get a date and location. I'd be interseted. I'm sure alot of others would be too....

fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

I can tell you guys this. Him and I operate the SETTC. Youtube SETTC and see it for yourself. After an event such as the SETTC, not only do we clean up as the courses are finished, we come back the next day just for clean up operations, this RC event is no different in that aspect. Darren is the organizer/boss of this RC event, he has a lot on his plate to organize everything and is committed to getting it right. If he gets everything taken care of behind the scenes (if you have ever organized an event you know what I am talking about) and this happens, it will be THE top RC event in the state. It will encompass almost every aspect of the RC world allowed by law.

One of the ideas I am throwing in this is an extreme version of G6. A G6 gated course that caters to the high powered scalers with big motors and batteries. The G6 stuff I have been to thus far have been a compromise course for all vehicles. We will have that too, but there will be another, wilder course. I plan to make a jump/climb up to and on top of my own personal offroad truck for this course. This will truly be an incredible event.

F.O.R.C.E.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_cracker View Post
I applaud your efforts and think you are definitely going in the right direction. Education is the key. The hard part is what I highlighted above. I think the biggest and best impression is how you leave the venue. No trash, not beat up looking, nothing broken and so on.....

Post up when you get a date and location. I'd be interseted. I'm sure alot of others would be too....

LOL, good timing. I have the Equestrian Center (13611 Normandy Blvd. Jacksonville, FL) booked for March 29th, 2014. This is the weekend (of unbooked weekends) that does not interfere with the LHS holiday season, and I want their support, so next year it is. This has been confirmed today. I will have a contract to sign when the event coordinator comes back from vacation.

Funny how you highlighted a couple of parts.... Since I am doing this for the Police Athletic League, I should have a few off duty police officers there to help out. The things you addressed is one of the very things that will be going into my planning. How to keep the peace, and how to keep it clean. Fast set-up and tear down of the courses and play areas are also critical. I think that the date will actually be an advantage here, as I have more time to come up with solutions. My original target date of Oct. 5th, 2013 would have been too soon to figure out some of these things.

Thanks for the props Joe, I only hope that I did not bite off more than I can chew with this event. It has a pretty big scope, and with it being the first time, I may have a tough time getting enough sponsors.

JeeperGeek, the FAA has said no aircraft can be flown, so that will include helicopters. I am going to cheat though. The FAA can not control indoors, and the arena has plenty of air space to fly a helo. I am going to limit the helo's to 1 of the sponsors (Hobbyworld). If my event is successful, I can find a new venue that will allow flight, and figure out how to do it safely. With my desire to pack the Equestrian Center with people, flying missiles is probably best avoided this time around. (for the people who fly, I am not suggesting that YOU are dangerous, just that allowing anyone to fly with the number of people I hope to attend the event is risky thing to do. I want to make sure that this first time goes smoothly as possible.)

Last edited by JeeperDarren; 07-12-2013 at 11:36 PM.
JeeperDarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Sold my trailer, went on craigslist found a dude unloading his inventory. . Low and behold. A Trail Finder 2 and axial honcho are now mine. The TF2 will make the G6 guys proud. Only thing is the dude put some fast brushless motors in them and he didn't off-road them. So this Saturday May choose to be too much for TF2. Lol

Any one up for some speed? Exo cage got rustler And claims his new rig will smoke any one that attempts to compete.

That's it for the 3am dirt.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgeek2002 View Post
Sold my trailer, went on craigslist found a dude unloading his inventory. . Low and behold. A Trail Finder 2 and axial honcho are now mine. The TF2 will make the G6 guys proud. Only thing is the dude put some fast brushless motors in them and he didn't off-road them. So this Saturday May choose to be too much for TF2. Lol

Any one up for some speed? Exo cage got rustler And claims his new rig will smoke any one that attempts to compete.

That's it for the 3am dirt.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

A TF2 with fast brushless power wont hold up to long, those things arent meant for big power. If Exo's new rig is a scaler, he hasnt met mine .
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

yeah i know the beast of the full metal jacket TF2 is not meant for speed.. i'll swap that motor out soon.. but because its on there i ll give it whirl. But for RC marvels that thing is beautiful, heavy as hell but awesome!
The SCX10 honcho i picked up is the same way.. motor not meant for what it is.. also will get swapped out. but because its there. i ll do donuts in the sand with it! lol

Exo's claim of his recent acquired Rustler... will smoke the tires off the wheels! Scaler? no .. he only has the "big Mac"... I m still trying to convince him he needs a more "Scaled" truck..
He's convincing me to put together a bouncer .. im convincing him to go scaler.. lol

quote of the day: "The bouncer is getting fat" -- Exocage
Old 08-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

ill gear my scaler up take the front d shaft out and show that rustler what speed is
904crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

im gettin my rustler back on the road and im movin back into orlando so ill be hitting up the trails every sunday again!! just waiting on some parts for the jeep(1:1) and my scaler so i can get back to traveling and playing!!
mud_life_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904crawler View Post
ill gear my scaler up take the front d shaft out and show that rustler what speed is

BAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!! You have no chance at all!!!!
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

lets see what the exo terra does on 3s.. i heard its pretty fun with a 3s..
i got a 2200 3s i bought.. need to wire up some deans to it tonight.

the trail Finder has been consuming my nights.. so much has to get tightened and the dude zip tied everything ! a PITA!

Waiting for the bracket for the SCX10 from RC4WD. to come in.. the Honcho on steroids as i call it.. short course motors are not meant for crawlers.. lol
Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

looks like the 2200 is almost too small for the Exo! I may need to slap that 2s 5000mah 40c in it
It comes with Dean connectors.. could it be Axial is finally seeing the light? to get rid of those white connectors?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #36

Things are quiet here, I've been busy but haven't been able to hook up with anyone locally to be a part of anything. I could spend all my time building rigs for other people but sometimes I just want to drive mine!
CaptainScale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I bolted what i thought was my 17.5 motor on the Honcho .. come to find out.. its a 13.5 i hope its not too much power!
Waiting on the sensor wire to come in so i can test it.. also i suspect the Traxxas vxl 3s esc has been compromised due to the Short Truck 3500 motor that was in it..

Random chatter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delaware chatter 02tac Delaware 526 03-14-2017 09:48 AM
drive line chatter steveo 561 Axial SCX-10 7 11-02-2014 07:32 AM
servo chatter seaturtle Electronics 6 05-04-2013 06:53 PM
RC4wd winch + TQ4. chatter frizzen Electronics 9 07-02-2012 10:10 PM
Rear axle chatter? traxxas4fun Axial SCX-10 21 01-03-2011 02:30 PM