RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Florida (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/florida/464327-newred-hobbies-october-november-december-events.html)

904crawler 10-22-2013 08:56 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
I should be there for the november and december event

mccarsones 10-26-2013 06:53 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
I'm in, hopefully Yoda will have time to run. It's been a awhile!"thumbsup"

CRAWL UGLY 10-26-2013 09:25 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
The crawl ugly crew should be there for the next two! Couldn't make October it was my brothers bday

godofcable 10-27-2013 08:34 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
im going to put together a truck for the December TTC. Whats my best bet to get going? SCX10 rtr and tweak it a bit? ive seen a few CC01s out there cheap too. just not sure the CC01 would compete. Anyone run those?

RebelRacer 10-27-2013 12:32 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by godofcable (Post 4525553)
im going to put together a truck for the December TTC. Whats my best bet to get going? SCX10 rtr and tweak it a bit? ive seen a few CC01s out there cheap too. just not sure the CC01 would compete. Anyone run those?

most of us that run at NewReds run SCX10 or Wraith based rigs. There are a few that run BONE STOCK setups and are just as competitive as the full blown comp scalers.. its really all in how you drive. Although i can say BE WATERPROOF for Decembers event.


*For prizes there WILL NOT BE any skipping of gates or going around water areas. you MUST adhere to the course that is layed out.

godofcable 10-27-2013 12:37 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
The axial ax10 is not legal, correct? like the ridgecrest or the new deadbolt

godofcable 10-28-2013 07:36 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
what tires are good? I'm probably going to build a stock truck for this and would like to throw on decent tires.

I'll most likely build a SCX10 and keep it 1.9's

also need suggestions on a winch

yoda@4x4 10-28-2013 10:15 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by godofcable (Post 4525801)
The axial ax10 is not legal, correct? like the ridgecrest or the new deadbolt

no ax10 are not aload the are a crawler chassis rig any thing TVP is not aload..

If you have a rig or want to run a rig custom built that is set up with TVP contact the event host or host's and have it over looked and voted on...( if you have a 1.1 picutre of a rig and your 1/10 looks the part the group can vote on it)

IT MUST BE OF SCALE APPEARANCE/RESEMBLANCE

but most every one runs a axial based rig for easy parts availability and that most of time some one at the event has spare parts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by godofcable (Post 4526677)
what tires are good? I'm probably going to build a stock truck for this and would like to throw on decent tires.

I'll most likely build a SCX10 and keep it 1.9's

also need suggestions on a winch

XL swampers or Pitbulls are what most run

if you have a three channel remote and room go servo winch for strength
if not most run 3racing or Bulldog winch's most run the wireless version becuase they dont have 3 or 4 channel remote's

godofcable 10-29-2013 06:52 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 (Post 4527755)
no ax10 are not aload the are a crawler chassis rig any thing TVP is not aload..

If you have a rig or want to run a rig custom built that is set up with TVP contact the event host or host's and have it over looked and voted on...( if you have a 1.1 picutre of a rig and your 1/10 looks the part the group can vote on it)

IT MUST BE OF SCALE APPEARANCE/RESEMBLANCE

but most every one runs a axial based rig for easy parts availability and that most of time some one at the event has spare parts...



XL swampers or Pitbulls are what most run

if you have a three channel remote and room go servo winch for strength
if not most run 3racing or Bulldog winch's most run the wireless version becuase they dont have 3 or 4 channel remote's


at this point my plan is to build an scx10 for this. i don't currently have a truck.

I think I'll go with the Rubicon Jeep. It has a few upgrades over the Dingo kit that seem worthwhile. It also comes with the better tires.

ScalerFab 10-30-2013 09:33 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by godofcable (Post 4527970)
at this point my plan is to build an scx10 for this. i don't currently have a truck.

I think I'll go with the Rubicon Jeep. It has a few upgrades over the Dingo kit that seem worthwhile. It also comes with the better tires.

Great kit. That is what I run. Got 1st place in 1.9 at September's event. "thumbsup"

Let me know if you need any custom upgrades or accessories...

www.scalerfab.com

Troy
ScalerFab

godofcable 10-30-2013 09:48 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScalerFab (Post 4530231)
Great kit. That is what I run. Got 1st place in 1.9 at September's event. "thumbsup"

Let me know if you need any custom upgrades or accessories...

www.scalerfab.com

Troy
ScalerFab

Axial Racing - SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit

On second thought if this comes out in time this will probably be it. Love that body. Think it'll do OK with the tires that come with it?

mccarsones 11-02-2013 06:59 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
? Hope TVP does not have anything to do with Vanquish Products:afro:

RebelRacer 11-02-2013 04:57 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mccarsones (Post 4532892)
? Hope TVP does not have anything to do with Vanquish Products:afro:

TVP = Twin Vertical Plate

It's a chassis type, like the ax-10 has.

RebelRacer 11-13-2013 07:25 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Hopefully everyone is getting there trucks ready to go for this weekends event... i have seen a few changes and i can say that you are not going to want to miss this event or Decembers event and you REALLY dont want to miss the upcoming season!!!

See everyone on SUNDAY :twisted:

mccarsones 11-13-2013 08:38 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Just about got all the pieces together, can't wait.

yoda@4x4 11-13-2013 12:31 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
I will be there and I will be running...

RebelRacer 11-13-2013 04:52 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 (Post 4547251)
I will be there and I will be running...

Bout time :flipoff:

I say if the hill is ready lets have a bounty climb this weekend as well.

godofcable 11-13-2013 05:03 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
I don't have a rig yet or is be there this weekend. Psyched about December

badBKO 11-13-2013 08:06 PM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 904crawler (Post 4520178)
I should be there for the november and december event


I call bullshit!! Thought you sold your rigs....:flipoff:

904crawler 11-14-2013 08:05 AM

Re: NewRed Hobbies October,November,December EVENTS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badBKO (Post 4547711)
I call bullshit!! Thought you sold your rigs....:flipoff:

naw i did not sell them yet. still undecided on if i want to.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com